CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/)
-   -   brake kit (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/64223-brake-kit.html)

csteve0355 10-16-2013 01:01 PM

brake kit

Has anyone installed this kit, or is there a better one out there?

Front Rear Kit Premium Series "Drilled Slotted" Performance Brake Rotors Pads | eBay

rayth 10-17-2013 05:46 PM

Re: brake kit

I had R1 Concepts on my last car and was happy with them. I will more than likely be going with them again for my Crossfire when it comes time to change the brakes.

They also made me a great deal as part of the last car forum I was on, give them a call and see if they offer any discounts.. their facebook page frequently has 10%-15% discount codes

SRT6_Roadster 10-17-2013 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by rayth (Post 763093)
I had R1 Concepts on my last car and was happy with them. I will more than likely be going with them again for my Crossfire when it comes time to change the brakes.

They also made me a great deal as part of the last car forum I was on, give them a call and see if they offer any discounts.. their facebook page frequently has 10%-15% discount codes

Thanks for the info.

I am starting to work on my upgraded brake setup and the R1's are my plan for the rear rotors.

csteve0355 10-17-2013 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by rayth (Post 763093)

Noted - I'll check facebook to see if there is a forum discount that would bring the price lower than listed on Ebay as I wouild like to do the install before I put the car in storage.

Do you ever travel into the southern NH area?

rayth 10-18-2013 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by csteve0355 (Post 763163)
Noted - I'll check facebook to see if there is a forum discount that would bring the price lower than listed on Ebay as I wouild like to do the install before I put the car in storage.

Do you ever travel into the southern NH area?

They had a forum discount for the latest generation Mitsubishi Galant which was a pretty small community, so I don't think a discount for Crossfire's would be out of their scope. I honestly can't remember what the discount was but I think it could have been as high as 20%. When I did my Galant Ralliart brakes I did premium rotors up front and eline in the back, no complaints!

And yes I'm in Nashua/Tyngsborough fairly often, you're in Londonderry? You ever make it down to MA? There's a local car meetup in Chelmsford on Mondays and I'm always the only Crossfire there (mostly young 20 year olds with Evos/VWs/WRX, though the FRS/BRZ crowd is pretty cool) if you ever venture south

csteve0355 10-18-2013 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by rayth (Post 763200)
They had a forum discount for the latest generation Mitsubishi Galant which was a pretty small community, so I don't think a discount for Crossfire's would be out of their scope. I honestly can't remember what the discount was but I think it could have been as high as 20%. When I did my Galant Ralliart brakes I did premium rotors up front and eline in the back, no complaints!

And yes I'm in Nashua/Tyngsborough fairly often, you're in Londonderry? You ever make it down to MA? There's a local car meetup in Chelmsford on Mondays and I'm always the only Crossfire there (mostly young 20 year olds with Evos/VWs/WRX, though the FRS/BRZ crowd is pretty cool) if you ever venture south

I got a 10% coupon code just for signing on to there site - now I'll compare to see if more or less than there site on Ebay.

Yes, Londonderry, NH. Chelmsford would be great if I didn't work from 3:00 to 11:30pm.

rayth 10-18-2013 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by csteve0355 (Post 763218)
I got a 10% coupon code just for signing on to there site - now I'll compare to see if more or less than there site on Ebay.

Yes, Londonderry, NH. Chelmsford would be great if I didn't work from 3:00 to 11:30pm.

Ah yes, I worked that shift for 5 or so years, certainly cuts into the weeknight fun. Let me know if you hear of any car shows up your way before the year is out!

csteve0355 10-18-2013 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by rayth (Post 763249)
Ah yes, I worked that shift for 5 or so years, certainly cuts into the weeknight fun. Let me know if you hear of any car shows up your way before the year is out!

At least when school is out I get to work days. Same on your end!

oledoc2u 10-18-2013 07:20 PM

I have them on my roadster, but after doing that brake job I realized how good the rotors are on these cars so I left my rotors on the blue one, and just upgraded, lines, fluid, and pads...