Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

brake kit

Old 10-16-2013, 01:01 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake kit

Has anyone installed this kit, or is there a better one out there?

Front Rear Kit Premium Series "Drilled Slotted" Performance Brake Rotors Pads | eBay

Old 10-17-2013, 05:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: brake kit

I had R1 Concepts on my last car and was happy with them. I will more than likely be going with them again for my Crossfire when it comes time to change the brakes.

They also made me a great deal as part of the last car forum I was on, give them a call and see if they offer any discounts.. their facebook page frequently has 10%-15% discount codes

Old 10-17-2013, 09:05 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rayth
I had R1 Concepts on my last car and was happy with them. I will more than likely be going with them again for my Crossfire when it comes time to change the brakes.

They also made me a great deal as part of the last car forum I was on, give them a call and see if they offer any discounts.. their facebook page frequently has 10%-15% discount codes
Thanks for the info.

I am starting to work on my upgraded brake setup and the R1's are my plan for the rear rotors.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Forum Regular

Noted - I'll check facebook to see if there is a forum discount that would bring the price lower than listed on Ebay as I wouild like to do the install before I put the car in storage.

Do you ever travel into the southern NH area?

Old 10-18-2013, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by csteve0355
Noted - I'll check facebook to see if there is a forum discount that would bring the price lower than listed on Ebay as I wouild like to do the install before I put the car in storage.

Do you ever travel into the southern NH area?
They had a forum discount for the latest generation Mitsubishi Galant which was a pretty small community, so I don't think a discount for Crossfire's would be out of their scope. I honestly can't remember what the discount was but I think it could have been as high as 20%. When I did my Galant Ralliart brakes I did premium rotors up front and eline in the back, no complaints!

And yes I'm in Nashua/Tyngsborough fairly often, you're in Londonderry? You ever make it down to MA? There's a local car meetup in Chelmsford on Mondays and I'm always the only Crossfire there (mostly young 20 year olds with Evos/VWs/WRX, though the FRS/BRZ crowd is pretty cool) if you ever venture south

Old 10-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Forum Regular

They had a forum discount for the latest generation Mitsubishi Galant which was a pretty small community, so I don't think a discount for Crossfire's would be out of their scope. I honestly can't remember what the discount was but I think it could have been as high as 20%. When I did my Galant Ralliart brakes I did premium rotors up front and eline in the back, no complaints!

And yes I'm in Nashua/Tyngsborough fairly often, you're in Londonderry? You ever make it down to MA? There's a local car meetup in Chelmsford on Mondays and I'm always the only Crossfire there (mostly young 20 year olds with Evos/VWs/WRX, though the FRS/BRZ crowd is pretty cool) if you ever venture south
I got a 10% coupon code just for signing on to there site - now I'll compare to see if more or less than there site on Ebay.

Yes, Londonderry, NH. Chelmsford would be great if I didn't work from 3:00 to 11:30pm.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by csteve0355
I got a 10% coupon code just for signing on to there site - now I'll compare to see if more or less than there site on Ebay.

Yes, Londonderry, NH. Chelmsford would be great if I didn't work from 3:00 to 11:30pm.
Ah yes, I worked that shift for 5 or so years, certainly cuts into the weeknight fun. Let me know if you hear of any car shows up your way before the year is out!

Old 10-18-2013, 06:45 PM
Forum Regular

Ah yes, I worked that shift for 5 or so years, certainly cuts into the weeknight fun. Let me know if you hear of any car shows up your way before the year is out!
At least when school is out I get to work days. Same on your end!

Old 10-18-2013, 07:20 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I have them on my roadster, but after doing that brake job I realized how good the rotors are on these cars so I left my rotors on the blue one, and just upgraded, lines, fluid, and pads...