Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Brake lights not on! Any ideas? Could use your help.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake lights not on! Any ideas? Could use your help.

Hey guys,

I have a 2004 saphire crossfire that i love dearly. It has 100,000 miles and I never had any major issues with it so far since owing it the past year.

However the other day i noticed when i stepped on the brake to start driving, the. Bas esp light came on as soon as i pressed the brake down. I happened to be staring right at the steering wheel and caught that.

I figured it had to be brake lights. Had my friend check behind me and sure enough all of my brake lights werent coming on at all. Even the top LED light wasnt coming. I automatically assumed it was a blown fuse, becuause what are the chances of all 3 lights burning out at the same time? Right?

So i checked the manual online and it says the inside fuse box, fuse #2 controls the brake lamp? I pulled it out and it looked okay. Took it to autozone to have them double check and the employee said it was good. Are there any other fuses i should look at? Maybe under the engine hood?
This ever happen to any of you? What do you think it could be?

I simply cant afford a expensive fix right now since i just shelled out nearly 1000$ bucks for new tires last month. Any adive would be appreciated. Sorry for the long story. Thx

Old 03-13-2014, 08:27 PM
Received 538 Likes on 454 Posts
Default Re: Brake lights not on! Any ideas? Could use your help.

Originally Posted by Johnny24
Hey guys,

I have a 2004 saphire crossfire that i love dearly. It has 100,000 miles and I never had any major issues with it so far since owing it the past year.

However the other day i noticed when i stepped on the brake to start driving, the. Bas esp light came on as soon as i pressed the brake down. I happened to be staring right at the steering wheel and caught that.

I figured it had to be brake lights. Had my friend check behind me and sure enough all of my brake lights werent coming on at all. Even the top LED light wasnt coming. I automatically assumed it was a blown fuse, becuause what are the chances of all 3 lights burning out at the same time? Right?

So i checked the manual online and it says the inside fuse box, fuse #2 controls the brake lamp? I pulled it out and it looked okay. Took it to autozone to have them double check and the employee said it was good. Are there any other fuses i should look at? Maybe under the engine hood?
This ever happen to any of you? What do you think it could be?

I simply cant afford a expensive fix right now since i just shelled out nearly 1000$ bucks for new tires last month. Any adive would be appreciated. Sorry for the long story. Thx
Keep your questions in one thread or people will get confused. We have had people ask the same question in three and four threads at the same time, they got confusing answers and then people gave up all together.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay sorry

Old 03-13-2014, 08:58 PM
Received 538 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny24
Okay sorry
It keeps things simple and is less confusing for everyone concerned. The same people will look at the problem anyway.