Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Brake clicking with a tone

Old 04-18-2017, 10:27 PM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Brake clicking with a tone

So I'm noticing a clicking tone that occurs at least once per wheel as I have pulled into the garage and turned off the car with my foot still on the brake. When I let off of the brake, that's when the click ocurrs..sometimes three sometimes four, one click per wheel. I usually back it out of the garage in the morning if I am going to drive it (Rescue SRT SSB) and when I stop a few feet out from the garage door, I usually hear it also, so whether the brakes are hot or cold, I still get the click.
...I have not come across a thread that was on this point, so I'm posting the query. Thanks in advance...Peace

Old 04-19-2017, 01:14 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts
Default Re: Brake clicking with a tone

Originally Posted by Fla_Xfire_SRT
So I'm noticing a clicking tone that occurs at least once per wheel as I have pulled into the garage and turned off the car with my foot still on the brake. When I let off of the brake, that's when the click ocurrs..sometimes three sometimes four, one click per wheel. I usually back it out of the garage in the morning if I am going to drive it (Rescue SRT SSB) and when I stop a few feet out from the garage door, I usually hear it also, so whether the brakes are hot or cold, I still get the click.
...I have not come across a thread that was on this point, so I'm posting the query. Thanks in advance...Peace

Sounds like you need to get familiar with the brake hardware at each wheel. Bone up on the assemblies (service manual, u tube videos) and look for metal on metal contact or loose/broken parts. Wouldn't hurt to make sure all the caliper bolts are tight before you remove any of the parts past the wheels. Your going to have to (in my opinion) jack each wheel off the ground, then spin and check for that clicking. Since this happens when brakes are applied, have a friend to help lightly apply the brakes while you have the wheel spinning (might help localize). Good luck!

Old 04-19-2017, 07:45 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by Fla_Xfire_SRT
I had something like this on a car. The pads were rusted as were the guides they ran in as a result they were slow to release. Check for rust.

Old 11-14-2017, 12:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did u ever find out what the click was having the same problem.