Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

BAS ESP Light

Old 05-13-2017, 02:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAS ESP Light

My BAS ESP light is on, when I first went for a test drive on the car, it did not start, battery dead. They jumped and all was well. I read about the light in the manual that on battery disconnect the light comes on and you can reset it with the wheel left/right. I tried that today and it will not go off.

Does the light go off instantly if you turn all the way to the left and than to the right? I can't imagine I am doing it wrong. I really hope there isn't an issue. If so is there a way I can check?

What if there was a problem, do I really have to get it fixed? The car runs great.

Thanks

Old 05-13-2017, 03:19 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: BAS ESP Light

Originally Posted by cobray
My BAS ESP light is on, when I first went for a test drive on the car, it did not start, battery dead. They jumped and all was well. I read about the light in the manual that on battery disconnect the light comes on and you can reset it with the wheel left/right. I tried that today and it will not go off.

Does the light go off instantly if you turn all the way to the left and than to the right? I can't imagine I am doing it wrong. I really hope there isn't an issue. If so is there a way I can check?

What if there was a problem, do I really have to get it fixed? The car runs great.

Thanks
There is a reset procedure, something like with key on turn wheel lock to lock.