Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

This is just WRONG!!!

Old 07-23-2006, 02:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is just WRONG!!!

Go to Youtube.com and create a username and password.

Then in the search, type in "Top Gear Chrysler Crossfire"

They Bash the HECK out of our car.

Your thoughts...

Old 07-23-2006, 02:28 AM
Received 68 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Re: This is just WRONG!!!

I know my car is awesome. Who cares what a couple of twits say.

Old 07-23-2006, 03:20 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Steenport567

Your thoughts...
Steen,
This has come up before on this site, I'll see if I can find the thread...(here it is https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...light=Top+Gear).

I wouldn't take any of this to heart...except the bad publicity. His line about the car being shaped like a dog doing his business, I overheard someone repeat that exact line while at the DC Car show this winter. That's how these things get started.

Read the attached thread and you'll get some background on the Top Gear host.

Old 07-23-2006, 06:07 AM

You can let one person skew your view on a car. I have driven all three cars (well at least the US versions) and still feel that the Crossfire is the better one of the three. The 350Z (which a friend of mine owns) feels very heavy in turns and also just has a very hard suspension. I don't like the way it tells you about every single tiny imperfection on the road. And as for the TT, I do agree with them on the fact that it just feels boring. I read so much about the car, was so excited when I had to test drive one before an alignment that I did (got love the roads where I "tested" cars at), just to come back saying, 'its okay'. The Crossfire gives me a great ride and still has the fun factor there.

As for the comments about the look of the hatchbacks, if that is really the biggest problem that he has with the car, then I still love it. I like the look of the hatchbacks so, I really do like this car. (or enjoy watching dogs take dumps... I think not)!!!

Old 07-23-2006, 12:36 PM

Hey, I'm not saying that I am taking any of this guys thoughts to heart. I just can't believe that someone would NOT like this car. I have never met anyone that doesn't like it. He must be jealous that the Americans (and mostly Germans) built an awesome car that costs a lot less than the Nissan and Audi TT.

Old 07-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, I'm not saying that I am taking any of this guys thoughts to heart. I just can't believe that someone would NOT like this car. I have never met anyone that doesn't like it. He must be jealous that the Americans (and mostly Germans) built an awesome car that costs a lot less than the Nissan and Audi TT.
When I bought my car. My Aunt and Uncle when asked said, "I like it for you". I now tell them this whenever they buy an automobile.

Old 07-23-2006, 01:23 PM

Funny that the XFire's so called highly insulted rear-end design has influenced alot of other car makers to follow the same treatment. Hmmm. Look at the Cayman. It has the two exhausts in the center, bold flared rear fenders like in our cars, deployable wing and the hatch (duh isn't that the same so called dog taking a SH*T look and you don't hear anyone mentioning anything to that effect on that car cuz it's a Porsche). The new BMW M Coupe also has the hatch look with the bold rear quarter fenders and again no negative comment from any of the reviewers or magazines on that design either. See with the XFire they had nothing to come up with so they had to make one up. And the worse thing is that there are idiots out there that just repeat what they hear like damn fools and thats why you hear people saying "oh it looks like a dog taking a S**T", when in reality they really have no comment.

And for example the Boxster S that was around when the Crossfire was introduced had about 258 HP and 229 Torque @ 4,600 rpm and it weighed about 3,100 lbs and had a 3.2 Liter not a huge difference in stats to our REGULAR NON-SRT XFire just only an advantage of 43 HP. Yet it hit 0-60 mph in about 5.35 seconds as opposed to our 6.5 seconds Hmmm. Also the regular Boxster at the time with 225 hp and 192 torque @ 4,600 rpm and about same weight hit 0-60 mph in 6.0 sec flat and hit the 1/4 in about 14.5 sec. @ 97 mph again Hmmm. These numbers are kind overrated because even Porsche claimed on the regular Boxster a 0-60 mph time of 6.7 seconds in the manual. On the other hand, Chrysler claimed 6.5 seconds to 60 mph in our car and the magazines and other reviewers have always gotten 6.5 sec. pretty much all the time. So why the big difference when it comes to Porsche's times as opposed to the magazines and also why all the negative performance reviews with our car when even the higher-statured Boxster S had identical displacement, torque, weight. But Nooo, it's a Chrysler so it's not supposed to be similar, better, outperform, nor outshine even with its plentiful torque of 229 which is more than the new 330 BMW, Audi TT, Boxster and RX8 and not to mention the fact that our car is lighter, out corners and out brakes all of the above and has a top end of 150 mph plus.

Getting back to how magazines times are speculatory: the IS 350 in Car & Driver hit 60 mph in 5.1 seconds, but in Road & Track hit 60 mph in 6.0 seconds. Now I know those are two different drivers with different driving characteristics and conditions that will alter the times, but not by almost a full second. It's like saying the XFire in Road & Track hit 60 mph in 6.4 seconds but in Car & Driver it hit 60 mph in 5.4 seconds. So how in the world did these 2 magazines get such drastically different numbers for the same IS 350 ?

And this is why sooo many ignorant individuals out there make these negative comments on our cars because they do the "hear, say" thing not the "i drove it and wow these reviewers are sooo full of it, this car really performs pretty damn good". It's almost as if the entire auto reviewing world was paid by the competition to bash the Crossfire into oblivion. Maybe it's because they couldn't stand at the simple fact that Chrysler made a nice looking, great handling, well performing and competitively unique car (including SRT-6) that put many of them (competition) to shame. Look at these articles.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=3

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...roadsters.html

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by BullFrog; 07-23-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:49 PM

What's funny is the same guy that killed our car is the same guy that LOVED the way it looked in the 3 car challenge (350Z, Audi TT, Crossfire).

Old 07-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I've seen my dog do her business ... ummm ...there's NO WAY my XF coupe even closely resembles her. SHEESH!

Old 07-24-2006, 10:08 AM

I agree my Golden Retriever looks nothing like a Crossfire when she is squatting. Really I think Bullfrog hit it on the head when he wrote about the Porsche Boxster. And because it is a Porsche that makes it somehow a superior sports car...when in so many ways it isn't what they build it up to be. All they had to do was label it Chrysler Boxster and then they all wouldn't like it. I guess people (the critics) don't want to put he word Chrysler and sports car in the same line. But a Porsche Crossfire and then by goodness you have a true sports car. In a nutshell what I am trying to say is companies are labeled and if they venture out of that "label" sometimes it isn't accepted very well.

Old 07-24-2006, 11:28 AM

When people check out our cars I don't believe it's out of disgust...

Old 07-26-2006, 01:07 AM
Forum Regular

Your thoughts...
What goes around comes around... check out this link... you get the last laugh... i know I did... hooah

http://www.dragtimes.com/forums/inde...showtopic=3245

Old 07-26-2006, 02:24 AM
Received 68 Likes on 36 Posts

I'd like to add that they are snobbish **** heads. LOL, every car is rubbish. Get over yourselves. Their British elitist attitude is hilarious seeing as my old Jaguar and Sterling had hundreds of gremlins and electrical problems.

Old 07-26-2006, 10:56 AM

Oh man, even though I hate what he said about our car, I STILL want to watch the show on Youtube. I like watching all of the car tests. One of my favorite is the new Z06 that can go 0-175 in one gear.