Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Top Gear Review

Old 03-08-2006, 05:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Top Gear Review

I know I'm probably opening up a can of worms here, but what do you guys and girls think about how the xfire coupe was reviewed by Top Gear? It did gall me that the presenter thought that the cornering wasn't up to scratch and the rear looked like a dog doing its business and the car could not make up its mind as to whether it was a sports car or a boulevard cruiser??? Looking forward to the barrage of replies.

Old 03-08-2006, 06:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Top Gear Review

Have a look at andycola's statement here:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...2970#post72970

"You do all know why Clarkson slates the Xfire don't you? On the official UK press release for the Xfire, Chrysler took a load of journo's to Las Vegas to do film shoots, photo shoots, etc. but Clarkson wanted to take his whole family and Chrysler wouldn't pay up - therefore the slating the Crossfire (and now the 300C) have got. Chrysler are doomed with that moron I'm afraid. (he said it looked like a dog having a poo! loon)".

I'm not sure how true it is but makes you wonder...

I guess looks are subjective, but IMO I don't think there is really that much wrong with the cornering compared to its rivals.

Simon.

Old 03-08-2006, 07:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

repost x 1,000,000.

Old 03-10-2006, 08:56 AM

From what I have seen they are not that favorable in their reviews to American cars as a rule. The ones they do seem to like I would not walk across the street to even look at. Maybe it is due to the fact that their auto industry has not done that well in recent years.

Old 03-10-2006, 09:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crzy kat
From what I have seen they are not that favorable in their reviews to American cars as a rule. The ones they do seem to like I would not walk across the street to even look at. Maybe it is due to the fact that their auto industry has not done that well in recent years.
We haven't really got a motor industry anymore.

For all JC's bad mouthing of American cars, he actually drives a Ford GT, and Hammond has an original Dodge Charger! Top Gear is just entertainment at the end of the day.

Old 03-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Personally beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I beholden a beautiful car, screw their review!

Pat

Old 03-12-2006, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by woody
We haven't really got a motor industry anymore.

For all JC's bad mouthing of American cars, he actually drives a Ford GT, and Hammond has an original Dodge Charger! Top Gear is just entertainment at the end of the day.
He gave back his GT.

Old 03-13-2006, 12:03 PM
Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

Well lets ask the Honda S2000 owner I spanked a few weeks back about the handling. :|

Old 03-13-2006, 09:21 PM

I wasn't going to weigh in on this one, simply because I equate "critics" with losers who couldn't get a "real" job. These losers are not happy unless they are raining on someone's parade. Well, it's not going to be mine.

I have never understood why anyone really cares what another person thinks about anything. I read the books I like, I go to the movies I want to see, and I drive, and always have driven, the car I like. What anyone "thinks" about them is immaterial. When I bought my Mustang Cobra in '97, a co-worker asked if I was ever going to grow up...I told him, "no, why I should I. I am happy!"

And, as I drive to work every morning in the XFire, I enjoy the car, and don't worry about resale value; what Jeremy(?) thinks about the car or why some toad at Car & Driver berates everything but BMW's. Life is to short to sweat the small sh*t! Enjoy!!

And, that's my .02...sorry

Old 03-15-2006, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Cobra953
I wasn't going to weigh in on this one, simply because I equate "critics" with losers who couldn't get a "real" job. These losers are not happy unless they are raining on someone's parade. Well, it's not going to be mine.

I have never understood why anyone really cares what another person thinks about anything. I read the books I like, I go to the movies I want to see, and I drive, and always have driven, the car I like. What anyone "thinks" about them is immaterial. When I bought my Mustang Cobra in '97, a co-worker asked if I was ever going to grow up...I told him, "no, why I should I. I am happy!"

And, as I drive to work every morning in the XFire, I enjoy the car, and don't worry about resale value; what Jeremy(?) thinks about the car or why some toad at Car & Driver berates everything but BMW's. Life is to short to sweat the small sh*t! Enjoy!!

And, that's my .02...sorry
When it comes to Top Gear, or other "critics", my thought usually something along the lines of: "Meh". Who cares what they think?

Old 03-20-2006, 04:30 AM
Thumbs down Re: Top Gear Review

I would like to add, (as I was the person who posted the thread initially!), I actually bought my crossfire after/despite seeing Top Gear's review. I consider the remarks of the presenters to be biased and subjective. I would advise anyone considering a car that Top Gear has thrashed or even given rad reviews to drive the car him/herself!

At the end of the day, buying a car is a personal choice and I bought my crossfire because I thought it was stylin', fast and stood apart from the usual pack of BMW's, 350Z's, S2000's etc. And a year after buying it, I have not changed my mind - its still a fab drive and still turns heads!

Old 03-20-2006, 04:30 AM
Thumbs down Re: Top Gear Review

I would like to add, (as I was the person who posted the thread initially!), I actually bought my crossfire after/despite seeing Top Gear's review. I consider the remarks of the presenters to be biased and subjective. I would advise anyone considering a car that Top Gear has thrashed or even given rad reviews, to drive the car him/herself! I'm glad I did not pay attention to them!!

Old 03-20-2006, 05:25 AM

ok, ok you added! How many times did you hit the enter button?

Old 03-20-2006, 08:13 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Napasanaoma
ok, ok you added! How many times did you hit the enter button?
i have it down to his intended 2 now.

Old 04-26-2006, 04:41 AM

her intended 2!!!

Old 04-26-2006, 01:54 PM

Top Gear was a bit harsh... Not sure if it would have been so if it wore a MB emblem instead of Chrysler...

Course they did do a funny segment I saw called Granny's doing donuts. They invited 6 or 7 grandmas out to a abandon air strip brought out a stunt driver and tossed em behind the wheel of a Honda S2000 and let em loose. Funny to watch a bunch of grannies going in circles smokin the tires!!! All had a good time!

Old 04-28-2006, 04:49 AM

I think Top Gear has great entertainment value. The video angles are great. However aside from their horrid crossfire review - all one seems to hear about is the ASTON MARTIN DB9!!! Great car - but come on show us something else as well!!