Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Damages and accidents you had ...

Old 07-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Damages and accidents you had ...

... maybe this might lead to a quite frustrating discussion, but I just wanted to know what kind of damages and accidents you already had with the XF and - maybe more important - how the repairs were done and how you were satisfied with them.

so, I got to start:

- 2 weeks after I received the car, some idiot crashed in my rear right side and drove away on a parking lot. the repair was very good (approx. $1,100), you could not see the damage. see pic with the orange running lights ...
- a small hole in the windshield (Autobahn ...) caused by a little stone, a company called CARGLASS fixed it with some sort of glue - very satisfied, only small remains at a close look.
- 3 rims scratched on the curbs during my first year of driving that car, I have let them painted in a professional accident-repair garage - very good effect - like new, about $60 per rim.
- a couple of weeks ago, another idiot hit the same area like the first time with his VW bus (again a parking lot), but this time I got him ... so HE had to pay the mess instead of me. damage see the pics with the red running light. all the painting was done by a chrysler-auto repair and again you could not see the damage, if you not know it was there.

jens

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Schaden Crossi 2 Bulli 1.jpg (19.8 KB, 30 views)
Schaden Crossi.jpg (44.1 KB, 34 views)
Schaden Crossi 2 Bild 2.jpg (34.7 KB, 27 views)
Schaden Crossi 2 Bild 3.jpg (66.6 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by Pentastar Rocket; 07-24-2006 at 03:39 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:28 PM
Default Re: Damages and accidents you had ...

I had a lady back into me on the road. She felt compelled to back up because she was blocking an intersection. Said she couldn't see me. Her SUV gave me a couple of good scuff marks on the hood and bumper but didn't crease any metal. Cost her $300 and I was happy with the result. I managed to accumulate several door dings including the one my next door neighbor gave me the day I brought it home. Also acquired some paint chips and such so I had the paint guy deal with these when I last had my car detailed. This went for about $250 counting the detail. I was really happy with the results of this. So 30 months of ownership and it still looks fairly good. The rims are rashed up pretty good but I can live with it. It's not a show car just a daily driver.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:00 PM

well i had an unfortunate accident with a mysterious animal leaving my gf's house. it jumped right out the ditch i tried to swerve but it was unavoidable. so i had to replace the front bumper fog light lower grill and the fender lining. but now i have the srt6 front which is a big difference in looks believe it or not. but don't wreck your car just for a new front bumper fighting the insurance company is not fun, and driving around in your new xfire with half a bumper and no fog light or grill is not cool. so now i take it very slow and night when i leave her house.

Old 07-25-2006, 06:53 PM

I keep tearing up the rims. These are the lowest profile tires I've ever had, and it shows. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get them fixed here soon.

Old 07-28-2006, 03:44 AM

The total was over $13,100 to repair... Supposedly I get it back today or Monday, that is after a month of driving a Corolla. But I did see it today and it looks new as the day I bought it, minus a few scratches and rock chips of course.

Old 07-28-2006, 08:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at my gallery almost $15,000.00 for the repair. But they did a great job.

Old 07-28-2006, 10:52 AM

It's not a show car just a daily driver.
... a healthy and - to be honest - good attitude towards a car, I wish I had the same one, this would be more relaxing ... I am almost upset about every mini-scratch, but this has something to do with the car itself. my old volvos never got so much care.
some of you already had quite bad accidents as it seems, but good to hear that the XFs were fixed professionally (and that no one got hurt seriously).
I have forgotten to mention a dent in the door caused by someone who opened his/her door a bit too wide, but due to no paint chips, the dent could be "sucked" out (thanks to the "dent-doctor") and now there is nothing to see (ca. $60) ...

jens

Old 07-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Forum Regular

6 days after getting my car, I had an old man back into my car with Lincoln Continental and caused $1,200 in damage. Passenger side bumper was scraped up pretty bad and the light got cracked in the process so that was replaced (light was over $400)!

Now mind you, HE backed into ME but he told me that women drivers should not be allowed on the road... oh and the other thing? My car was parked... DOH!

Old 07-28-2006, 11:14 AM

This is why we park way the hell out in the parking lot. AWAY from everyone else. It's well worth the little extra walk. Here is what happened a WEEK after I got it on 6th street in Austin. I was drunk as hell when I found it and went onto a rage.

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

Old 07-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Forum Regular

Ok, I wanted to cry for you!!!

Old 07-28-2006, 02:11 PM

Last October 21st...rear-ended on I15 southbound.

- Illegal alien
- no license
- no insurance
- 4 dealers involved in repair (none knew how to fix it)
- got my car back 7 months later
- $13,600 damage
- car is now perfect again

I still love the car!

Old 07-28-2006, 02:41 PM

2 1/2 years, no accidents. Knock on wood. Someone did scrape the rear bumper but I haven't done anything about it. [The 80 year old lady in my parking garage -- attendant says she wouldn't know she'd done it, and from the looks of her bumpers it's not just me]!

Both catalytic converters were replaced about 4 months after I bought the car. No cost, no trouble, and still no trouble.

Old 07-28-2006, 04:15 PM

Hit big pothole while dodging a concrete block. Hit the block anyway, plus the pothole bent two rims, even cracking the back wheel. Was stranded on the side of the road for several hours due to the flat tire and being in remote areas of NC mountains that had no cell phone coverage.

Only upside is getting an SRT6 nose out of the deal. Still not back together yet, bill is somewhere north of $2,500. Nearly impossible to match the OEM Continental - the 92W rated tire is no longer available, being replaced by a 92Y. Had to find new old stock so we could match the left side tires.

Those wheels are fragile.