Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

powered by

Old 08-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default powered by

Just got my Powered By Mercedes Benz Nameplate and no i didn't pay $30.00 on e-bay. Has anyone seen what these nameplates are selling for on e-bay?

Attachment 2569

Last edited by acrispy1; 09-19-2006 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:02 AM
Default Re: powered by

What is wrong with the prices on Ebay? If someone wants to the price, I say let them.

Old 08-19-2006, 01:37 AM

your right, I might put one up for sale and see what i get.

Old 08-19-2006, 02:46 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: powered by

Originally Posted by acrispy1
Just got my Powered By Mercedes Benz Nameplate and no i didn't pay $30.00 on e-bay. Has anyone seen what these nameplates are selling for on e-bay?

Attachment 2569
Nice location for the emblem.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=11655

Old 08-19-2006, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by CrossfireLTD
Thanks to you...

Old 08-20-2006, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They only cost 5 or 6 bucks from the dealer. Freightliner sprinters come with a smaller version, Trying to track them down now. I'll let you know when I find them.

Old 08-20-2006, 11:54 PM

Please post the model number when you get it. I think the one that we are all familiar with is a little too big.

Old 08-21-2006, 07:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I honestly think the powered by Mercedes badges are just a little tacky. It may be powered by Mercedes but its still a Chrysler. Be proud of that. Hell we got the better looking car anyway. Just because most of us can't find a dealer who know how to work on these cars, doesn't mean Chrysler sucks. It's just like putting powered by Honda on your Acura. The only people who care are the ones who already know. Just my honest opinion, now you guys can beat me to a bloody pulp.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:04 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
I honestly think the powered by Mercedes badges are just a little tacky.
~ i like mine under the hood... where it is more discrete.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:07 AM

I honestly think the powered by Mercedes badges are just a little tacky. It may be powered by Mercedes but its still a Chrysler. Be proud of that. Hell we got the better looking car anyway. Just because most of us can't find a dealer who know how to work on these cars, doesn't mean Chrysler sucks. It's just like putting powered by Honda on your Acura. The only people who care are the ones who already know. Just my honest opinion, now you guys can beat me to a bloody pulp.
OK lets fire up the torpedoes.
Its simply a small nameplate that gives clarification - nothing more nothing less - One could say the badge shows the unique heritage.

Old 08-22-2006, 07:41 AM

I think as with any automotive forum, the people who seek them out are real car people. I've seen plenty of Crossfires driving around that I wouldn't be caught dead in, unless their owners cleaned them up and took more pride in their car. Car people they were not.

As for stickers or license plate frames with the site URL, I wouldn't want one on my car just because a www.whatever, IMHO looks tacky on any car. If your really interested, check with REDCROSS. He is into XFI stickers and sells them to forum members for $10 a wack. Maybe he could help you out, but on the other hand, he has sold only a little over one hundred in two years.

As for resources, any quality graphic/printing shop can do the decals for a very reasonable price. I had several "powered by Mercedes-Benz" decals made up for my windshield and door sills for under $20 (see the pic in my sig block).

Good luck with your idea.
I was really referring to something posted in another thread about the XFi sticker.

Old 08-22-2006, 05:41 PM
Forum Regular

I think as with any automotive forum, the people who seek them out are real car people. I've seen plenty of Crossfires driving around that I wouldn't be caught dead in, unless their owners cleaned them up and took more pride in their car. Car people they were not.

As for stickers or license plate frames with the site URL, I wouldn't want one on my car just because a www.whatever, IMHO looks tacky on any car. If your really interested, check with REDCROSS. He is into XFI stickers and sells them to forum members for $10 a wack. Maybe he could help you out, but on the other hand, he has sold only a little over one hundred in two years.

As for resources, any quality graphic/printing shop can do the decals for a very reasonable price. I had several "powered by Mercedes-Benz" decals made up for my windshield and door sills for under $20 (see the pic in my sig block).

Good luck with your idea.
I was really referring to something posted in another thread about the XFi sticker.
Okay, you lost me here... the first quote above is something I wrote in another thread. You copied it and posted it here, but how does it pertain to this thread??? And when you quote someone, how about including their name... thanks.

Last edited by ben47; 08-22-2006 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by ben47

The attack on the XFi Decal and then you went below to state you had several "powered by Mercedes-Benz" decals made up for your windshield and door sills. I didn't include your name with the quote because I wasn't trying to call you out. I was making a statement on your Powered by Mercedes statement which is the topic of this particular thread. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by Thirteendog; 08-22-2006 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Forum Regular

The attack on the XFi Decal and then you went below to state you had several "powered by Mercedes-Benz" decals made up for your windshield and door sills. I didn't include your name with the quote because I wasn't trying to call you out. I was making a statement on your Powered by Mercedes statement which is the topic of this particular thread. Sorry for the confusion
We're getting off topic here, but what else is new?

The thread that I posted in concerned stickers/decals or whatever you want to call them and license plate frames, having this site's URL on them... which I said IMO looked tacky (referring to the site URL, not stickers in general). No way did it concern what is being talked about here, until you brought my statement into this thread. Leave things where you find them. Had I wanted to comment or get involved in this thread, I would have made a post.

Where is the attack on the XFI decal? I merely stated someone on the forum made decals and was selling them here, and has sold just a little over 100 in two years. The person asking how to get stuff made might want to get in touch with the XFI guy on how to get theirs made with the site URL on it. I also offered a solution that anyone could go to any good graphic/decal shop and have them made very inexpensively.

Don't take everything as an attack and don't twist what I said around, geez...

Last edited by ben47; 08-22-2006 at 08:56 PM.