Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Does anyone have before and after dyno tunes

Old 09-27-2015, 07:26 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does anyone have before and after dyno tunes

DYNO tunes. Supposed to be the way to get the most power. Anyone here have before and after DYNO figures? If not is it because it is a false pretense that a DYNO tune gives more power than a simple email tune? Is it because a DYNO tune is more costly, about $300. according to Jerry and 2 hours of time.
Certainly somebody must have gotten a dyno tune among active members here, yes? If not what are the reasons? Jerry will do a remote dyno tune with any DYNO operator willing to spend 2 hours working with him. I plan on getting a DYNO tune after I am through with the mods I have planned. It seems the mods that are available are more the type done by Woody & Jim(Quickest and fastest Crossfire in the world) and not the mods listed in catalogs.
So who can list before and after Dyno tuning?

Old 09-27-2015, 08:43 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Does anyone have before and after dyno tunes

No real help here. Jerry did a long distance dyno tune for me because I wanted it done that way. My car made 22 hp, I believe, over my stock tune. As I've added parts to my car Jerry's sent me a few revisions by email. I'd love to be tuned by Jerry in person on a dyno. Long distance he can't monitor all the signals from the car and find all the "safe power" to be had. Well, I don't actually know that for a fact, but I believe it's so.

Les

Old 09-27-2015, 12:02 PM
Forum Regular

Les, the only things that Jerry or any dyno tuner can do is alter timing and fuel. What else is there? I am waiting for results from the headers but Squirrel Crusher, whose car Rob has, is supposedly "highly modified and the headers are already on the car so go figure. It makes sense that headers help a modified car and not a stock one but I have asked SC what mods his car has with no response. I'll ask Rob if I have to. Hopefully Rob does a before and after and lists the "Highly Modified" parts. I can't imagine what these mods could be. Unless he has the modified heads and cams he wouldn't have anything anyone else here who has a lot of mods, nothing different.
Question, did the remote dyno tune make 22HP over an email tune or over the stock tune from Mercedes/Chrysler? I really need to know what mods SC has because if I am basing my decision on purchasing headers on what the dyno shows from a "Highly Modified" car that would not be fair.
One thing I want is Woody's 172* T-stat mod. I wish he would make me one and sell it to me. I'll have to re-read his instructions again and see if I follow what he did. Puerto Rico must get hot also. I noticed my needle go higher this summer compared to winter when the temps drop to the 80 degree mark and cool at night. Somebody told me about the old stage 3 mod and it was 4 holes drilled into the t-stat, that I can handle. Of course the fan would have to start operating sooner also, maybe Woody does something so the fan thinks it is at the temp to run as I don't think it goes down to 170*. maybe a rheostat in line?
I will get the new injectors I bought off ebay and hope they work with out cars. The dimensions are the same and the seller said some guys with the AMG's have used them. New injectors for $200.
I would say your motor is highly modified, what do you have that others do not?
I am not familiar with SC motors, turbo's yes. Tricks to hasten the spool. launched at 10psi out of the 25psi I was running. I don't know what to do with this motor. Besides boost and maybe some exhaust work what am I missing. The intake manifolds do not impress me for the dollar. I see on Rob's site where they made 40HP but I don't think anyone with them has made that much power. I refer to how I feel as "Fall fever". This is the time of year where it cools and the car can run better but I want some other mods! Thanks for the response Les, mark

Old 09-27-2015, 12:17 PM

Jerry can't see knock retard or injector duty cycles over the internet. He's not sure of your gas quality, not all 91, 93 or 100 octanes are exact. How much ethanol etc. Since his tunes don't blow up engines you can be sure he leaves a rather large safety margin. I now know I had a leaking intercooler when he first tuned my car which could have influenced the results.
The 22 hp was over the stock Chrysler programing.

Les

Old 02-18-2016, 01:09 PM
Forum Regular

So you got 22hp over STOCK tune? I would think an email tune would do that. I would hope for 22 HP over my aggressive email tune. Les do you know how much boost you run and peak timing? I'll do a datalog with the E/C software which is on the slow side but should give peak numbers to compare. Thanks!

Old 02-18-2016, 01:21 PM

I used to datalog using my Zietronx and Dashdaq. Now I just watch the AFR's on the display. I'm heading to the track on Sunday and I'll log a few laps. If memory is correct, my maximum boost is right around 19 psi and my maximum timing is 25 or 26º BTDC. I'm about 100' above sea level in the Caribbean. Always hot.

Les

Old 02-19-2016, 05:03 AM
Forum Regular

Les, that seems like a lot of timing but I'm am sure I have forgotten what mine runs but will do a datalog with the somewhat slow E/C datalog software. It is in the upper 60* range here in SW Florida and the motor loves it. If I stay V6 I need to find a way to spray water onto the radiator/heat exchanger to cool them down. I still have my catback exhaust to do but from what I mhave read there will not be much gain and I was hoping for .2 in the 1/4 mile. Since I have the parts I might as well have them installed, just need to find a nice tip to fit the Borla's 3" exhaust. I love ther AMG tips. I am toying with the V8 swap, waiting for Jim to get back to me on what is involved. 507HP stock sounds nice but torque is what I am interested in and have yet to see what they made for torque.
I met a guy at the carwash today who had a 5th gen Vette. His car was running so I walked over and asked what his cam specs were, 244*/248* at .050", big cam! I asked what mufflers he had and he said none, just long tubes and high flow cats! Crazy.

Old 04-27-2016, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this isn't a straight up comparison,
I took my srt to jerry last year. he had previously tuned the car and tested on his former 2wd dyno..
w a canned tune from eurocharged it was making 330 rwhp, after adding headers/injectors, my reading went to 384 @18psi,on his then, brand new all wheel dyno. the real gains weren't huge, in fact the hp dropped a handful of hp (390+w canned)_. the real gains were in the engine drivability, it was vastly improved. the fuel mileage improved somewhat and oh yeah my tips and bumper cover stay very clean now. it is very smooth at all times. its very smooth and deceptive to the driver. and my afr's are fine.
it runs like a Mercedes, loud, fast, smooth.
as les has stated before, jerry is cautious with your engine and will not smoke it w his tunes. no one has burnt one yet, that I have heard of. and the cost? I have spent more for dinner and received a lot less satisfaction. this is more qualitative vs quantitative. a lot of the effort was in cleaning up mid range vs wot.
the dyno tune was all about smoothing up the rough edges apparent in the canned tune. it took some time, we waited, but its always enjoyable to be at eurocharged, everyone there is friendly and knowledgeable.

Last edited by pjpsrt; 04-27-2016 at 02:54 PM. Reason: add content
Old 04-28-2016, 02:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjpsrt
I know this isn't a straight up comparison,
I took my srt to jerry last year. he had previously tuned the car and tested on his former 2wd dyno..
w a canned tune from eurocharged it was making 330 rwhp, after adding headers/injectors, my reading went to 384 @18psi,on his then, brand new all wheel dyno. the real gains weren't huge, in fact the hp dropped a handful of hp (390+w canned)_. the real gains were in the engine drivability, it was vastly improved. the fuel mileage improved somewhat and oh yeah my tips and bumper cover stay very clean now. it is very smooth at all times. its very smooth and deceptive to the driver. and my afr's are fine.
it runs like a Mercedes, loud, fast, smooth.
as les has stated before, jerry is cautious with your engine and will not smoke it w his tunes. no one has burnt one yet, that I have heard of. and the cost? I have spent more for dinner and received a lot less satisfaction. this is more qualitative vs quantitative. a lot of the effort was in cleaning up mid range vs wot.
the dyno tune was all about smoothing up the rough edges apparent in the canned tune. it took some time, we waited, but its always enjoyable to be at eurocharged, everyone there is friendly and knowledgeable.
What all do you have to be at 390whp?