Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Warranty Transfer to Mercedes-Benz Service?

Old 11-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty Transfer to Mercedes-Benz Service?

I think all Crossfire owners should petition Daimler-Chrysler to transfer our warranties from Chrysler service to Mercedes-Benz service.

My own experience with Chrysler service has not been terrible, but it's clear that they don't treat the Crossfire any differently than any other Chrysler product. I expect this will bite all of us in the rear eventually, and we've heard many horror stories on this forum of specific incidents.

Crossfire service should be identical to SLK320 service, which the Chrysler dealership simply does not provide and seems incapable of comprehending. These cars simply belong in a Mercedes-Benz service center, not Chrysler. Crossfire will only become more of a ******* child to Chrysler service when this model is discontinued.

Does anyone know where such a petition should be filed? I'm afraid the complaint would fall on deaf ears no matter where it is sent, especially to Chrysler.

Old 11-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile Re: Warranty Transfer to Mercedes-Benz Service?

Scott I think you have an excellent idea with transferring the warranty to MB but unfortunately it is one that I don't think is possible. The reason is that even though that Mercedes Benz and Chrysler are owned by the same part company Daimler-Chrysler both companies are independent entities. I think in the end the best we can do for service is locate independent garages that specializes in servicing Mercedes Benz. However, I still would be happy to join your petition.

Old 11-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Default Re: Warranty Transfer to Mercedes-Benz Service?

Originally Posted by ssscott75074
My own experience with Chrysler service has not been terrible, but it's clear that they don't treat the Crossfire any differently than any other Chrysler product.
Dear Chrysler, the dealerships treat our Crossfires no differently than the rest of your crappy cars.

Hmm, I don't think that's going to work.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not sure it can't happen. DC has a van called the Sprinter that is marketed by Freightliner, Dodge and MB and for a long time you had to go to the "badge" dealer for service but now you can take it to Dodge, Freightliner or MB. Maybe ? ...

Old 11-08-2006, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by thegoalie
Dear Chrysler, the dealerships treat our Crossfires no differently than the rest of your crappy cars.

Hmm, I don't think that's going to work.
Hence the question of where to file such a petition. Not that I think Chrysler cars are "crappy" - the Crossfire is just different and requires a M-B service procedure.

Old 11-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Good idea.
I think it will never happen.
If you need me to post or petition somewhere just let me know.

Old 11-08-2006, 10:55 PM
Forum Regular

If you want MB service, then spend the extra $$$ for a MB. Your idea to transfer warranty will NEVER fly...

Old 11-08-2006, 11:37 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ben47
If you want MB service, then spend the extra $$$ for a MB. Your idea to transfer warranty will NEVER fly...
Problem is I have read here that many MB dealers will not work on the crossfire even if it is customer pay.

Old 11-09-2006, 01:45 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stryfox
Problem is I have read here that many MB dealers will not work on the crossfire even if it is customer pay.
True, very true.

What I meant above was... if you want MB service, then buy a MB vehicle, don't expect them to fall all over a reskinned SLK which sold for $10k less.

Old 11-09-2006, 01:56 AM
Forum Regular

It one thing to take your car to the dealership for warranty work, but when the car needs maintenance beyond the warranty period I have seldom found the dealership to be the best pace to get it repaired. In every city I have lived in I have discovered there is network of mechanics that range from general maintenance to specialized areas of expertise that they themselves trust and will refer others to. Those are the garages you want to have working on your car, not the others.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Idaho makes a great point and I could not agree more. Most cities have specialty shops that were started by very talented tech's and provide far superior service to dealerships, one has to do some research to find the good ones but it isn't to hard. Most dealerships don't intend to screw up things but understand they really only want to sell cars and repair work is just a necessary evil, on the other hand independent repair shops only do repairs and that IS their only means of revenue - do or die.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:55 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Very good points. One reason to consider a third party warranty. They will cover the repair independent of who does the repair.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by ben47
What crawled up your butt? This car is German. Deal with it.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Idaho
It one thing to take your car to the dealership for warranty work, but when the car needs maintenance beyond the warranty period I have seldom found the dealership to be the best pace to get it repaired. In every city I have lived in I have discovered there is network of mechanics that range from general maintenance to specialized areas of expertise that they themselves trust and will refer others to. Those are the garages you want to have working on your car, not the others.
Agreed. Of course. My point is I want my car to be serviced properly while it's under warranty. Chrysler doesn't follow the service plan that the Crossfire is designed for.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by FPMartinez
Very good points. One reason to consider a third party warranty. They will cover the repair independent of who does the repair.
Can the factory warranty be transferred to a third party?

Old 11-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Forum Regular

Agreed. Of course. My point is I want my car to be serviced properly while it's under warranty. Chrysler doesn't follow the service plan that the Crossfire is designed for.
I agree with you I want my car serviced properly while it is under warranty too. Luckily, I now have a garage that is doing a good job and will stay with through the warranty period. I too had the same experience as Andrew where the dealership where I bought the car was doing more damage to the car then good when I took it in for work. It wasn't until I confronted the Regional Manager he sent me to the dealership I am using now that I received decent service. However, once the warranty is up and I am footing the bill I be going to an independent Mercedes Benz garage; their prices are more reasonable and the service is a little more personal.

Old 11-09-2006, 01:20 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Can the factory warranty be transferred to a third party?
I highly doubt it. I was speaking about buying an extended third party warranty.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Re: Warranty Transfer to Mercedes-Benz Service?

Originally Posted by FP
I highly doubt it. I was speaking about buying an extended third party warranty.
I have both Chrysler and Maxcare(CarMax) warranties, but only MaxCare be used at any service shop.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Forum Regular

Didnt Mercedez just sell chrysler to Cerebrus?

Old 12-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rakoom2002
Didnt Mercedez just sell chrysler to Cerebrus?
10-4 Chrysler now Canadian Owned, MB won't want to touch our cars with a 10' pole. The divorce was nasty and association was a huge error. They want to concentrate on lifting their brand image.

Not only the XFire, 300C, Charger ,defunct Magnum and Pacifica all have previous gen C-Class components but we should be OK for years to come. At least 5 as dictated by law.

Sprinter (made by M.B) deal goes until M.B changes model, Dodge has to look at making their own or pulling out, V.W now in picture as Chrysler will bulid minivan for them.

Merry Christmas to all Dr Mike

Last edited by DrMike; 12-21-2007 at 08:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Warranty Transfer to Mercedes-Benz Service?