Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Plasti-Dip Project Finished w/Pics

Old 12-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Plasti-Dip Project Finished w/Pics

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
God I hope not.. he seemed to love his muffler... just couldn't see it being put on a Crossfire!
How does this not look good....

Old 12-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Throw that ricer stepladder wing on it... You would be popular on cruise night!

Old 12-22-2011, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Re: Plasti-Dip Project Finished w/Pics

This site has good prices on the plasti dip , DipYourCar Home - Plasti Dip For Your Car - Resources & More at DipYourCar.com Can dip the whole car!

Old 12-23-2011, 02:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it.............................

Old 12-23-2011, 03:10 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow that is so cool to be able to do your wheels with that stuff. I guess the hardest part would be sanding the wheels first (prep work).

Old 12-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by texas t
This site has good prices on the plasti dip , DipYourCar Home - Plasti Dip For Your Car - Resources & More at DipYourCar.com Can dip the whole car!
Their shipping price is a bit high when ordering just a couple of cans. As it turns out, Home Depot sells it for $5.98/can, which is pretty darn good.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:04 AM

Looks sic!!! Im trying to find the time to do it myself!

Buddy told me about this stuff and seems like its catching on in the crossfire community pretty damn quick

Old 12-27-2011, 04:43 PM

I just bought a 2006 black base model and am strongly considering spraying some black Plasti Dip on the factory rims as one of my first changes. Should I go with a matte or glossy finish? I was thinking glossy since it would match the paint better. I couldn't see if Plasti came in a semigloss type finish that would probably be best for wheels.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:47 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I really thought I was doing him a favor.. Spanked his racey ricey butt for free.. Someone else might have wanted a couple hundred to take him to school on a Crossfire.. LOL. That was on my normal route home..maybe he'll get some upgrades and coming looking for me after February... Then he can get schooled again on Crossfires with Turbos.. ROFL
Uh guys, you do realize a bone stock 2012 Civic SI will out run a stock "automatic" NA Crossfire in the 1/4 mile.
Talking about how much a modded Crossfire would "school" a modded Civic is pure speculation when we all know ANYBODY can go as fast as they want to spend. So what does that prove? Just that one guy has a deeper pocket than the other guy.
I don't expect any "turbo" Crossfire Limited, or base car to out perform an SRT. But as far as I know there aren't any 10 sec. Crossfires out there. But there are some 10 sec. Hondas.
I had a guy in a Civic SI hatchback try to lose me on the Hell Bender at the Dragon a couple years ago, and I had to work just as hard staying with him as I did staying with a few SRT's.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Uh guys, you do realize a bone stock 2012 Civic SI will out run a stock "automatic" NA Crossfire in the 1/4 mile.
Talking about how much a modded Crossfire would "school" a modded Civic is pure speculation when we all know ANYBODY can go as fast as they want to spend. So what does that prove? Just that one guy has a deeper pocket than the other guy.
I don't expect any "turbo" Crossfire Limited, or base car to out perform an SRT. But as far as I know there aren't any 10 sec. Crossfires out there. But there are some 10 sec. Hondas.
I had a guy in a Civic SI hatchback try to lose me on the Hell Bender at the Dragon a couple years ago, and I had to work just as hard staying with him as I did staying with a few SRT's.
Must have a light wieght carbon fiber body.. cause it ain't out pony-ing a stock na..

Under the hood for 2012 is a 2.4-liter, 16-valve, DOHC i-VTEC® engine that produces 201 horsepower and 170 lb-ft of torque. That's a 22 percent increase in torque over the previous generation of Si engines.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Must have a light wieght carbon fiber body.. cause it ain't out pony-ing a stock na..

Under the hood for 2012 is a 2.4-liter, 16-valve, DOHC i-VTEC® engine that produces 201 horsepower and 170 lb-ft of torque. That's a 22 percent increase in torque over the previous generation of Si engines.
Never said it was stock, but me and about 20 other Crossfires followed the same Civic thru the Dragons Tail and I don't remember anybody complaining about him not pulling over.
Dis the Tuner boyz all ya want, but you never know what the other guy is packin.
My apologies to the OP, I didn't mean to thread jack.

Last edited by +fireamx; 12-27-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mimi05SRT6
Wow that is so cool to be able to do your wheels with that stuff. I guess the hardest part would be sanding the wheels first (prep work).
There is no sanding. The only prep is cleaning the surface. Its spray on rubber, if you dont like the look then it just peels right off with a toothpick.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by tcconnally
I just bought a 2006 black base model and am strongly considering spraying some black Plasti Dip on the factory rims as one of my first changes. Should I go with a matte or glossy finish? I was thinking glossy since it would match the paint better. I couldn't see if Plasti came in a semigloss type finish that would probably be best for wheels.
As far as I know its only one shade of each color. Matte. I have yet to see anyone with gloss. Cause like I said its rubber.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Never said it was stock, but me and about 20 other Crossfires followed the same Civic thru the Dragons Tail and I don't remember anybody complaining about him not pulling over.
Dis the Tuner boyz all ya want, but you never know what the other guy is packin.
My apologies to the OP, I didn't mean to thread jack.
No prob, all I know is that any civic that has tried racing me lost severely lol

Old 01-02-2012, 08:19 AM

I like your XF with these parts black, I would see many indicators white fronts.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:55 PM

So an update to the Plasti-Dip..... I was going to post new pics but the car literally looks the exact same. The Plasti-Dip one month later (almost) is holding up perfect. I HIGHLY recommend to anyone looking to change the look of their car. To re-cap.... Its not as smooth as paint, but there is NO MASKING at all and its a good way to get a flat color. If you dont like then just peel it off. I have washed the car with the pressure wash station twice since it went on.

Also, off topic, I have a MR-MU-MRS Megan Racing muffler on its way . and the Real Carbon Fiber dash trim kit also on its way. Once they are installed I will update with pics for the Plasti-Dip and the new goodies

Old 04-01-2012, 11:44 PM

I plasti dipped my wheels gloss back the other day and I havent put my center caps back on for the main fact that I thought when I do, pushing the cap back in might pull up the plasti dip and then I would have to redo the whole wheel. Since you put your center caps back on, you didnt have a problem with the plasti dip being peeled off? And I am liking not having the center caps on btw, just wondering if you had any problems with yours dude

Old 04-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Forum Regular

I plasti dipped my rims last fall , the only mistake is I only used two coats , I recommend atleast 3 heavy coats and you will never have to worry about them peeling or fading
They with stand car washes quite well and after 3 coats they stood up to icy snow and salt like nothing, there's a video on youtube of a guy who plastidipped the hood of his wrx sti

I love plastidip

Thanks for posting this , I been wondering how nice the stock rim would look if it were blacked out

BTW guys you can buy this stuff at loews , ace hardware doesn't carry the spray can neither does home depot nor menards

Old 04-02-2012, 07:13 AM

I did the gloss wheel package from dipyourcar.com So I did 4 coats of black and 4 coats of their glossifier. Looks alot shinier then the flat version. I'll put up pics when possible

Old 04-02-2012, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by uknowhim21
I plasti dipped my wheels gloss back the other day and I havent put my center caps back on for the main fact that I thought when I do, pushing the cap back in might pull up the plasti dip and then I would have to redo the whole wheel. Since you put your center caps back on, you didnt have a problem with the plasti dip being peeled off? And I am liking not having the center caps on btw, just wondering if you had any problems with yours dude
Mine has bonded really well, it doesnt peel unless I really work at it now. I plan on putting more coats on and clear coating after to have it really pop glossy and more durable just in case.

Quick Reply: Plasti-Dip Project Finished w/Pics