Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New Flame Graphics...Comments welcome

Old 08-17-2004, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Flame Graphics...Comments welcome

After many hours of design and worry, the new flames are on thr Xfire..They are vinyl and identical match to the silver trim..I wanted something clean and not too bold.I hope you like the look. You have no idea how many times I backed out and changed my mind..At least they can be removed..Please give me your honest opinion (be nice)

tony

Old 08-17-2004, 08:59 PM
Default They look nice

I like them - very classy looking. Not so much a fan of the engine cover, but to each their own Wether I like the engine's graphic or not, it was certainly well done. Very creative and original!

Old 08-17-2004, 09:10 PM

The flames look really good. Something I like with flames is when they have ghost flames in with the bold ones, it's a really neet effect.
Your car is really shiny in those pictures. What do you do for the finish?

Oh nevermind, I just saw Crystalguard on your signature. Did you have the whole process put on the car? It looks great. I didn't think it would look so good on alabaster. I figured it would be best on the metalic paints, but your car looks awesome!

Old 08-17-2004, 09:14 PM
Forum Regular

Very nice. Looks very classy, not trashy. Good choice.

Old 08-17-2004, 11:19 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to admit I was quite skeptical when I read your post......

The flames are actually very modest, and they don't take over the looks of the vehicle....good choice.

Silver has always been my favorite color to contrast with white.....good choice there as well.

However, if you polled a real cross-section of the population, you will probably find a different answer. I bet most non car aficionados would say that flames are silly no matter how they look, but who cares about them anyway, right?

I like 'em.

And boy, you have some cahuna's for putting them on!

Old 08-18-2004, 12:08 AM

Not for me but I like it....definately original. Good job keeping it fairly understated

Old 08-18-2004, 02:40 AM
Forum Regular

At first glance it looks like someone has scraped the side of the car. You have to look again to see that it is intentional.

Nice and tidy.

I was thinking about Sharks Teeth (like they had on US fighters), but decided against it.

Old 08-18-2004, 03:51 AM

again a great job Tiger!! looks amazing on your Xfire! keep up all the good work!

Old 08-18-2004, 09:21 AM

To each his own. They're done nicely, but , I would equate putting the flames on the Crossfire to putting a few tatoos on Michaelangelo's David. It's a piece of rolling sculpture.

Old 08-18-2004, 10:30 AM
Forum Regular

tony:

Very professional job.

Not on my car, EVER!!!!

:-)

Old 08-18-2004, 10:52 AM

When I saw the word Flames I thought OMG..........you adulterated a Crossfire. But after looking at the pics I am pleasantly suprised.

I agree with the majority. While I wouldn't do it to my car, I think you have done a great job of adding something special without making it look gaudy.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2004, 11:57 AM

I appreciate all the comments and this is what I wanted to hear. Everyone's opinion does matter to me because it represents actual Crossfire owners...Please remember these are only vinyl and can be taken off without any damage..I tried to add something as not to disgrace or lessen the image we all love..If I didn't show this car, they would not have been put on..The overall response has been positive for the most part. I respect your decision not to alter your car as I have.At least I can return everything to factory when that day comes...After tinting the windows, this will be my last change to the exterior...If you only knew the worry and shear guts it took to do this, you'd understand my love for this car...I tried to add a personal touch with style and class...Hope this was accompolished...Thanks again to everyone who took the time to provide your thoughts.. As for the shine...CrystalGard Quick-4coats (Thanks Jim) then about 6 layers of Mothers Wax and LOTS of TLC.... I also cover it every morning at work and that helps too...

Tony

Old 08-18-2004, 12:06 PM

nah...not for me...

Old 08-18-2004, 12:16 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think so .The show car design of the Crossfire needs very little to make it look better.New front grills and DC logo would be my wants.I'm thinking of installing a Carbon fiber center console overlay to spicen up the interior.

Thanks for making my plain alabaster look better!

Old 08-18-2004, 12:18 PM

The real question should be to you, Tony...... Do you like it??? The only thing that matters is that you like it. It's your car.

I like the fact that the look of the car can be changed without it being something you're stuck with if you decide later that you don't like it.

Old 08-18-2004, 12:29 PM
Forum Regular

I wouldn't put them on my car, but to each his own.

I wonder how some nice wide racing stripes would look up the center of the car.

Old 08-18-2004, 01:26 PM

I had to look at them about 3 different times before finally arriving at the conclusion that I did indeed like the flames. This conclusion actually surprised me because I did not expect to like this kind of stuff. Very distinctive, classy and nicely done. A bit too glitzy for my own personal ride however.

Old 08-18-2004, 02:05 PM

You like it, looks good to me too. Go get another trophy.

Old 08-18-2004, 02:55 PM

I figured I'd stir up some folks with this but thats why I enjoy this forum..So they are not what you'd do to yours and I respect that. I suppose Wes had the most important comment being "Do I like them ?"
Yes..I do..Knowing how hard I worked to find and design something that I liked does put me at ease...Either you like'em or you don't, regardless I will continue to spend 10-15 hours every week detailing it for shows. Not sure why I feel I must defend my decision but I stand by it...
Relax..Its not like I plastered John Kerry signs all over it. :shock: OUCH !!

Hey...I still luv ya all anyway....

Old 08-18-2004, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Gymtiger2
"Do I like them ?"
Yes..I do..Knowing how hard I worked to find and design something that I liked does put me at ease....
Then they make you happy.... So they're great!!!

Quick Reply: New Flame Graphics...Comments welcome