Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

First impressions - car and dealer

Old 08-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First impressions - car and dealer

Finally have the car. I purchased 2004 SSB autostick from the dealers showroom on August 7 and made arrangements to pick it up on Aug 11 at 4:30 pm.

I arrived at the dealer at 3:30 to complete the paperwork so that I could drive away at the agreed time. When I arrived they advised me that the car would not be ready until 6:30 as they were running behind on the detailing. While I waited they offered to let me test other vehicles, so I opted to test a new 300C (nice car). At about 6:00 they took me to meet the service manager and the Crossfire tech. Both nice guys that appeared to be willing to answer any questions and both gave me their cards so that I could call them direct if needed. At 6:30 I drove off. Their detail tech spent 4 hours detailing the car.(You could not believe the incredible job he did. Since they were late from the original delivery time they offered me another free detailing with in the next six months.

The car is great, I offered to let my wife drive it home. She declined!! Since I have been driving it I am amazed at the number of people that stare at it and give the thumbs up!!

One week from delivery Chrsler Canada called me at work to see that everything had gone well and to verify my home address. They advised me that the luggage would be delivered within 8 to 10 days.

All for know...I have to go look at the car some more

Old 08-22-2004, 05:52 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, that is a good dealership story. Usually they aren't so good.

Mine came off of the showroom floor, so it had fingerprints, a few minor scratches and the like. It was a Saturday, and the salesman said that the detail shop was very busy (one of the few things he said that I actually believed), and recommended that I just take the car home now. They didn't even offer a detail later, but that was fine with me since I do all of that stuff myself. I don't like to let any dealership goons touch my car unless I have to.

Congrats, and welcome to the wonderful world of owning a Crossfire, payments and all!

I have had mine for 5 months now, and it is still like the day I bought it: Everyone looks and asks about it. I love it!! You, too, will notice that you are like a celebrity in you new xfire.

Old 08-22-2004, 08:42 PM
RGT

Welcome aboard CalgaryX,

I was begining to think I had the only good dealership, hope yours stays that way!

It'll be at least six months before you stop "checking to see if it's OK"!
And who knows how long until people will quit stopping you to ask about it!

Matt

Old 08-23-2004, 02:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome...did u check the bottom part of your front bumper? Have fun and enjoy

Old 08-30-2004, 08:28 PM

Welcome to the forum CalgaryX. Your experience with your dealers sounds wonderful.

I too ordered a SSB Autostick (8 July) but mine still has not arrived; I am in Korea so the logistics are a bit more difficult.

I hope I receive wash but I doubt it. :wink:

Old 08-30-2004, 09:17 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats,I'm actually trading in on a new one maybe tomorrow either same color or ? Made me an offer I can't refuse !!Same payment new car for the price of tires !