Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Nova Scotia trip

Old 09-22-2004, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nova Scotia trip

Hi all. Got back from a trip to Nova Scotia a short time ago and I'm finally able to sit down at the computer to tell ya' about it. My wife and I took the overnight ferry from Portland, ME and woke up in Yarmouth, NS. We then spent 7 days doing a circle of the island. One local asked me how fast I had had the XFR and didn't seem all that impressed when I told him 135 and climbing, before I ran out of road. It didn't occur to me until later that I was talking MPH while he was thinking KPH (225 or so). We spent most of the time along the coast. The scenery along the north shore was great. The Cabot Trail was way cool. Halifax is a fun city. Generally the roads were lots of fun although the surface in many areas left something to be desired. One thing that was huge is that people there seem to have a grasp on the concept of what a "passing" lane is for that seems to completely elude those in the US. The people were friendly, the food was great. We had room for the XFR luggage, another soft bag, and all the stuff we bought there. More than enough for 9 days total. Next time we'll go in the fall for fewer tourists. I highly recommend it as a fun trip. But leave the radar detector at home. It's a no no in Canada. Regards, Cliff Oh yea, I'm working on posting pictures in my gallery. They seem a little stubborn right now.

Old 09-22-2004, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nova Scotia always looks nice on the Travel Channel and in mags. Post those pix when you can and thanks for the story.

Maybe I'll get up that way one of these days; I've only been to Ontario and Quebec.