General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Took the crossfire out on the highway

Old 09-16-2015, 12:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Took the crossfire out on the highway

For a weekend trip . On our toll road I was doing about 75 when this Dodge Charger blows by me doing at least 95 to 100 !! Now about ten miles down the road there he is pulled over by state trooper !!! Karma then on the way home this dodge hemi pickup thinks he's going to race & beat a Porche ! Nope not going to happen ! But this guy won't quite tries three times to race & beat the Porche ! Nope not going to happen no matter how many times he tried !!! LOL what's up with these dodge boys ! Your not that fast !!! LOL

Old 09-16-2015, 12:55 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Took the crossfire out on the highway

In their defense, my boy's SRT8 Challenger gives one HUGE cahones. It's pretty quick.

Certainly not faster than a troopers' radio....

Old 09-16-2015, 02:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I traded a basically stock 2006 Charger R/T (5.7 HEMI) on my Crossfire. The Crossfire is boring (acceleration wise) compared to the Charger, especially at normal traffic speeds. Approx. 400 torques, hard to compare to! Once at speed and on turns is another story. And I would guess the SRT6 would even more impressive then a 5.7.
Hopefully in the near future I will pick up a SRT8 392, and move on from the Crossfire, but who knows.
I don't mind people driving fast that much, but I do mind when they do it in traffic, and like idiots, and I hope I see them pulled over up the road sometimes.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:00 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

I'm always happy to have someone blow by me on an interstate.
Means you can safely add 10 mph to whatever you are doing, at least until the next exit, and further if you can still see him.
( You'll see the flashing lights in time to slow down )

Old 09-16-2015, 04:36 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
I'm always happy to have someone blow by me on an interstate.
Means you can safely add 10 mph to whatever you are doing, at least until the next exit, and further if you can still see him.
( You'll see the flashing lights in time to slow down )

+1

I speed up and stay back until they're out of site. Then it's back to 7 over for me.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ed Mahoney
For a weekend trip . On our toll road I was doing about 75 when this Dodge Charger blows by me doing at least 95 to 100 !! Now about ten miles down the road there he is pulled over by state trooper !!! Karma then on the way home this dodge hemi pickup thinks he's going to race & beat a Porche ! Nope not going to happen ! But this guy won't quite tries three times to race & beat the Porche ! Nope not going to happen no matter how many times he tried !!! LOL what's up with these dodge boys ! Your not that fast !!! LOL
We're just a bunch of good ole boys!

Old 09-17-2015, 10:19 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Crossie is for tooling around, I have something else to be silly in.

Old 09-20-2015, 11:09 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pioneer4x4
Hopefully in the near future I will pick up a SRT8 392, and move on from the Crossfire, but who knows.

Pioneer, please do me the honor of having 1st. crack at your Crossfire when you decide to move up to another Charger. We only live 2 hours away from each other, and I love your car. I promise to give it a good home.

Old 09-20-2015, 11:56 AM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by pioneer4x4
I traded a basically stock 2006 Charger R/T (5.7 HEMI) on my Crossfire. The Crossfire is boring (acceleration wise) compared to the Charger, especially at normal traffic speeds. Approx. 400 torques, hard to compare to! Once at speed and on turns is another story. And I would guess the SRT6 would even more impressive then a 5.7.
I don't mind people driving fast that much, but I do mind when they do it in traffic, and like idiots, and I hope I see them pulled over up the road sometimes.
Did you trade cars without a test drive? I guess not but you must have had a reason, think about the reason and let us know what it was.

Old 09-20-2015, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Pioneer, please do me the honor of having 1st. crack at your Crossfire when you decide to move up to another Charger. We only live 2 hours away from each other, and I love your car. I promise to give it a good home.
I got it with 5600 mile on it, but it will probably close to 35,000 when I get rid of it if all goes well. I am at just about 9,000 now already. I plan on driving it as much as possible, I call it my cheap economy car. It gets better gas mileage than anything else I ever drove other than my 2001 PT Cruiser 5sp. And it cost me the same as a Chevy Spark!
If I do decide to sell it, I will try to let you know first.

Old 09-20-2015, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Did you trade cars without a test drive? I guess not but you must have had a reason, think about the reason and let us know what it was.
I don't understand. I test drove a couple of Crossfires. The first was also a 2004 6sp, with about 30,000 miles, but I fell in love with the color and interior and condition of the one I got. I had the Charger for 7 years and enjoyed every one of them, I want more power, eventually, but even though I probably overpaid for this Crossfire, it was the only one I could find under 10,000 miles and it was the closest one to me, and it was the lowest price under 10,000 miles. In a way it is odd because literally everything except maybe cornering, and fuel usage, the Charger was better. (Included looks based on my family...) But I have always wanted to look at a Crossfire based on looks alone, and learned a lot in a short time, and took the plunge. And I am glad, it is a fun car, and I love it.