Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

First Ding

Old 10-25-2004, 11:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Ding

Bad news....

I'm parked at the far end of my local market. As usual, there is no one parked near me. I'm leaving the store and this little old lady yells to me "Nice car. Do you mind if I look inside?" I reply "Sure, take a look". She walks to the car, pushing her shopping cart in front of her. As she approaches she forgets she is pushing the cart and guides it into the passenger door. I navigate from the drivers side to take a look. As I have not washed the car for a couple of days, it is dull and I can not see any damage. When I get home I wash the car and sure enough, there is are two dings (actually small indents) on the door. I'm sick, and I am upset as I did not get the old (probably about 70) ladies information.

Good news....

I check for "Ding removal" on the internet and much to my surprise there is an individual who is a "Ding Doctor" and he lives less than a half of a mile from me which is amazing as I live in the sticks. I call to see when he can take a look at the car. I make a appointment for this morning at 8:30. He tells me he will repair the dings for $110. I leave the car there and walk home. An hour an a half latter I get a call advising the repair is completed. I check out the work and it is perfect. I can not see any indication of the damage or the repair, and believe me I am a perfectionist. I asked if there was any problem removing the door panel, and was advised they did not have to remove it!

So...If anyone has ding damage, and they know of a reputable "Ding Doctor", I would suggest you give them a try.

Now I can put my baby to bed for the winter.

dadof4

Old 10-25-2004, 12:37 PM
Default Re: First Ding

I too had door dings on my 6hr old car on the passenger side. Luckily, i went back to the dealership and they fixed my dents for me. They had to call a "Dent Doctor", but i paid nothing for it since the car was not even a day old. Your lucky that you can park your Cross for the winter. I live in Denver and my Cross is my only car. We'll see how it handles.

Old 10-25-2004, 01:17 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey that is awesome. I started a post a month or so ago about the same subject because I had gotten a few dings. I think theres like 3 on my car right now. So I was planning on taking it to a Ding Doctor as well, since theres been tons of good feedback about them. However, I haven't done it yet because it doesn't really bother me too much.. winter is coming so the car will probably be dirty the majority of time anyway.. so I figure I'll go until Spring before I get it done, just in case I get some more dings. THENNNN just yesterday I was walking past an auto detail shop _1_ block from my house, when I noticed they had a brand new Ding Doctor sign! So I guess they got signed up with them, or took a course, or whatever you must do.. but now when I'm ready to go, it will be one block from my house! Awesome.

Old 10-25-2004, 01:35 PM
CrossfireForum.org Founder
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

dadof4,
Consider yourself lucky. My car has been keyed twice for about $1500 in damage. And, just the other day I went out to my car and there were scratches on the passenger window. No idea how the heck that happened, but annoying to say the least.

Old 10-25-2004, 02:40 PM

I had about 150 dings all over my car from a hail storm a few months ago. The estimate for the repair was $2000, I only had a $50 deductible. It took a couple days for the guys at Dentmasters to fix it. I can't tell there was ever a ding on it.

I remember seeing pictures of Mightyjlr's scratched up car. It literally made me nausious.

Old 10-25-2004, 06:06 PM
Banned

You might ask the Ding guys to remove your door panel because if they don't they drill holes in the bottom of the door!!Ask them and see !

Old 10-25-2004, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Root
You might ask the Ding guys to remove your door panel because if they don't they drill holes in the bottom of the door!!Ask them and see !
Dan,
I think if you look at the bottom of the doors you will see plugs (on both doors) where they can gain access. I checked mine. There are four plugs on each door. They must of gone through one of these as there are no new holes.

Regards

Old 10-25-2004, 06:56 PM
DBY
Unhappy Re: First Ding

Worse news....

My first ding story goes as follows...

New 2004 SSB coupe only 10 days old from pick up at dealer.

I back up out of a private driveway unaware of the fire hydrant to my left. Bam, huge crunch sound, look back again and find the fire hydrant.

Big mistake, I pull forward. Loud crunch as I rip the rear left part of the bumper cover off and crack the rear left tail light assembly. Boy do I feel stupid! Insurance adjuster asks if anyone was hurt. I reply only my ego!

Car has been at bodyshop for 2 weeks now as they are having trouble getting the parts as they are not in stock. No idea yet when they might arrive.

Sighhh... I really miss driving my xfire.

10 days driven.... 2 weeks still in shop!

Old 10-26-2004, 04:43 AM

That's a sad story DBY ... just last week I reversed into a curb. Only way to describe the feeling is ... yep you guessed it .... STUPID!

Old 10-26-2004, 04:45 AM
Forum Regular

Gutted. That is a problem for the Crossfire though, poor rear visibility. Also the fact that most dealers do not have spare parts so takes ages to get repaired.

Old 10-28-2004, 10:46 AM
Forum Regular

I got hit by a stone on the front bumper leaving a small mark and I have somehow managed to lightly scrape the side of my rear bumper in a couple of places.

Was annoyed at first, but the car is going to get dings. Since I don't have to worry about first ding anymore, I can drive it a bit closer to the limit.

Old 10-28-2004, 11:46 AM
Forum Regular

I found my fourth ding today. Some bastard opened their door into my front fender. A small spot of black paint is gone too. Goddamnit!!! It's impossible not to get friggin dings!!!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2004, 01:58 PM
Forum Regular

I can sympathise, but YELLOW CARD for language.

Old 10-29-2004, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by english_bob
but YELLOW CARD for language.
Ah, the thought police. 'Bye.