Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

First Trip and it was a dream

Old 09-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Trip and it was a dream

Just returned from Rocky Mtn. Nat. Park. My baby performed like a champ, let me tell you. Cruising through the mountains with the top down was everything, and more, than I had dreamed. The weather cooperated as it was sunny every day with only one brief shower.

Caught the hotel owner, one evening, looking her over from top to bottom. Saw quite a few convertibles but only one XF while I was there. Drove down to Loveland so I could cruise down Big Thomson Canyon. On the way back, I was behind a slow vehicle and when we approached an area with a slow lane, this biker, who was behind me, kicked it in as I did and I had to slam on the brakes to keep from pinning him between me and the slower moving vehicle. He managed to get in between us. Being a little steamed, I was determined to stay with him through the winding S turns up the canyon. He was leaning it far to the left and then the right and my roadster was right behind, gripping the road just like I knew she would. After a couple of miles, I let him go and returned to a nice cruise the rest of the way.

On the way home, driving through Western Kansas, at about 75, I was a little worried about the back glass as there was a strong south wind gusting up to about 45 mph. There was quite a bit of vibration, to say the least, but the glass held up real well. I have to believe that, sitting out in the hot sun for several hours, is what loosens these things up.