Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Lambo doors, Yes or No?

Old 11-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lambo doors, Yes or No?

I like them on a black xf...but personally thats about it....I'd rather spend my $1200 shaving the handles and winged chrysler emblems off but thats just me.

Originally Posted by patpur
RMADERMAN & Ichon both have lambo doors, you should contact them and ask about any issues they may have. Personally I look at it this way. If you make a mod like this are you planning on keeping your car or trading it in or selling it down the road?. If you have no plans to get rid of it by all means go with it but if you are gonna get rid of your car in a year or two, unless you remove them I think they would go against you in a trade situation, not sure in a sale, you might find someone who likes them, or doesn't and that could be a deal breaker. Lambos are a pretty big mod so be sure its what you want and makes sense in your situation. There are other things I'd do to my car first before doing a mod like that, lambos have never excited me.
Pat

Old 01-14-2014, 11:05 AM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My wife and I have decided to get vertical (Lambo) doors to help us in our garage etc. SRT SIX said that he could get special pricing from the factory. Does SRT SIX still visit this board, and if not, does anyone know how he can be contacted??

Thanks!!

Old 01-14-2014, 11:15 AM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts

I see them on E-bay all of the time. Installing them might be another story.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:20 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Da55id
My wife and I have decided to get vertical (Lambo) doors to help us in our garage etc. SRT SIX said that he could get special pricing from the factory. Does SRT SIX still visit this board, and if not, does anyone know how he can be contacted??

Thanks!!
They have their faults, a member here got rid of his as they were a problem. I'll see if I can get the post that he noted his comments in.
Here it is.
Also see post 39 above.
PS
They are not considered to be cool. LOL

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-14-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:41 PM
Forum Regular

SRT SIX has not been on the forum in over a year.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:30 PM
Forum Regular

Old 01-14-2014, 04:50 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reference on the other owner's experience!

Originally Posted by onehundred80
They have their faults, a member here got rid of his as they were a problem. I'll see if I can get the post that he noted his comments in.
Here it is.
Also see post 39 above.
PS
They are not considered to be cool. LOL

Old 01-14-2014, 06:29 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the look, but it seems like our doors would be a bit heavy.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

SRT SIX's kit was a very well made kit. There are others out there that aren't as heavy duty as his.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:03 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have seen, in person, a few kits that were hacked in. Talking about cutting a good amount of the door jamb and losing half the windshield wiper resevoir. Do yourself a favor and get a bolt on, high end kit, if you are going to do it. I have seen the kits around the 2K range...

Old 01-15-2014, 08:55 AM
Forum Regular

We would only do either scissor doors or vertical doors. No cheap junk.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:56 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

A little too ricer for my taste, but to each their own...

Old 11-25-2014, 01:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Da55id

Thanks!!
Did anyone ever come up with a way to get a hold of SRT SIX? I would be interested in looking into these as well, but I do not want to spend $2,195 for them. No idea why they are so expensive anyway. They are just a hinged bracket with a hydraulic piston right?

They would make it much easier to get in and out in a parking lot I would think and they would look cool as hell when pulling up to the valet station at a club or when opening the door for your date.

Anyone in TX that has these that I could check out before pulling the trigger?

Thanks.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by XFireCrazy
Did anyone ever come up with a way to get a hold of SRT SIX? I would be interested in looking into these as well, but I do not want to spend $2,195 for them. No idea why they are so expensive anyway. They are just a hinged bracket with a hydraulic piston right?

They would make it much easier to get in and out in a parking lot I would think and they would look cool as hell when pulling up to the valet station at a club or when opening the door for your date.

Thanks.

JMHO...... Don't do it. I had them on my daughters SRT and they were cool and got alot of attention. But, you cant valet your XF because the doors are very heavy and they will bounce if put down hard and snap the bracket. They are heavy and fairly difficult to open. three: They do not help you in tight parking spots because you have to open the doors a third of the way before you can lift them........and wth would you want to park next to someone in a tight parking space lol... They do look cool though, but not practical at all.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:44 PM

No there ricey and that was the fade 10 years ago...

Old 11-26-2014, 07:13 PM
Forum Regular

It's not going to get you the kind of attention you want. The people who would be impressed would be *more* impressed if you swapped in a Honda engine.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XFireCrazy

Thanks.
The company where got his is Vertical Doors, in Corona, Calif. I will have mine Aug.27,2015 2 weeks cant wait the company is booked 2 weeks in advance for install, my cost $1200.00 installed , or you can buy the parts. You can check the Vertical Doors website for the info. You can call Nick Kakis , Vertical Doors phone 1 951 273 9356 the doors open 2 ways standard as they do now, or lift up.

Last edited by jayloukakis@hotmail.com; 08-17-2015 at 06:52 PM. Reason: to add person and phone number.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:32 PM

Well, I do hope that they make you happy. All the ones that I have seen, including Carlisle, they all swayed a lot in any kind of breeze, they are very heavy and not particularly easy to open, I will stick with the stock setup for now. Now, Gullwing doors, that I could go for, maybe I'll have a look into that. Good luck.

Old 08-15-2015, 07:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Lambo doors, Yes or No?

Originally Posted by boostmonkey
It's not going to get you the kind of attention you want. The people who would be impressed would be *more* impressed if you swapped in a Honda engine.
If I had the money I would install a small block Chevy. MB was never told about the KISS system.

Old 08-15-2015, 08:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jayloukakis@hotmail.com
If I had the money I would install a small block Chevy. MB was never told about the KISS system.
Lambo doors and an LS swap.....guess you should have bought a Honda!

Quick Reply: Lambo doors, Yes or No?