Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

daytime running lights

Old 07-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default daytime running lights

How do you switch from us to canadian programing on an 07?

Old 07-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Re: daytime running lights

The DRL is a function of the headlight switch.
Get the other headlight switch.

DRL

Last edited by tighed1; 07-22-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:07 AM

do i need a switcher part or can dealer just reprogram?

Old 07-22-2010, 10:12 AM

Check the link I added Barb.

LINK

Old 07-22-2010, 10:28 AM

just new to this forum thing. so sorry but i cannot get to that link for some reason??
it just brings up the crossfire forum page? what am i doing incorrectly?

Old 07-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Barb
just new to this forum thing. so sorry but i cannot get to that link for some reason??
it just brings up the crossfire forum page? what am i doing incorrectly?
He's telling you to search. I think the wrong page is popping up though.
I'll do a search for you though, hang on.
Edit, lots of info, enter 'DRL' in search.

As you have to change the switch you may find a Canadian who wants to swap their switch for your switch.
There is another way to do it though, but it's not the best way.

Last edited by onehundred80; 07-22-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:40 PM

Sorry link didn't work.

Hit the SEARCH button and enter DRL.
Lots of info there.

Old 07-25-2010, 02:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In Canada go to Canadian Tire, it cost with labour 100.00 and is just a small module into one of the headlight lines.
Mandatory to be in Canada

Old 07-25-2010, 06:19 AM

Hi: I checked into that and its 187.00 but they say because its a Crossfire that the dealer should do it. There are other issues that crop up?? I'm wondering if this is true as the dealer wants like 1.5 hrs of labour at 94/hr and 462 for the switcher. The guy I purchased it from hard wired it which created problems with the airbag. I want this done correctly and so as not to interfer with other programing. Are you sure Canadian Tire will be ok?

Old 07-25-2010, 07:23 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

I'd take Crappy Tire's advice and get the proper headlamp module, it's the simplest and correct solution. Good luck!

Old 07-25-2010, 08:50 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
I'd take Crappy Tire's advice and get the proper headlamp module, it's the simplest and correct solution. Good luck!
I agree. The Crossfire wiring is very complex as the lighting system is also connected to some very expensive control modules including the Security system control module and the Body control module. If there is a mistake made while wiring in a DRL relay and you short out one of these modules, it could get very expensive. Also, you will want to rectify the wiring that was performed by the previous owner.
I purchased the canadian switch from a dealer for $432 and replaced it myself. It was a quite tricky getting the dash pieces apart then there were about four wiring harnesses that plugged into the switch.
I think the dealer is your best alternative.

Last edited by SparkieSRT6; 07-25-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Forum Regular

Or another alternative, turn your headlights on before you drive anywhere and spend $400 on a magnaflow or something

Old 07-25-2010, 10:00 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Originally Posted by brian_omeara07
Or another alternative, turn your headlights on before you drive anywhere and spend $400 on a magnaflow or something
That would be ideal except if you want to register/plate the car you have to be compliant with Canadian laws = Daytime running lights.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:11 AM

well i am as the previous owner hard wired it so it passed. now im dealing with the other issues that the wiring has caused so im wanting to make it right. i was wondering if it was best to go the the dealer and pay the price or crappy tire? also wanted to know the correct way so i know what im talking about.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:17 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

well i am as the previous owner hard wired it so it passed. now im dealing with the other issues that the wiring has caused so im wanting to make it right. i was wondering if it was best to go the the dealer and pay the price or crappy tire? also wanted to know the correct way so i know what im talking about.
In my opinion :

I would go to the dealer and have them rectify the wiring issues caused by the previous owner. They should be able to find the botched wiring and remove it back to original. Since you are already compliant I would not purchase the switch........unless you are planning on selling the car in the near future because to certify the car for sale you would then need DRL. So, save yourself some money and just get the wiring issue cleaned up by the dealer.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:23 PM

How do you switch from us to canadian programing on an 07?
How long have you had the car, if it has a warranty of some kind get it fixed on that. If not and I think this may be true, you are in a bind.
How do you know that the wiring changes for the lights caused your problems? Is it possible they are caused by some other issue.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
How long have you had the car, if it has a warranty of some kind get it fixed on that. If not and I think this may be true, you are in a bind.
How do you know that the wiring changes for the lights caused your problems? Is it possible they are caused by some other issue.
Dave, sounds like this is a US car and that means the Chrysler warranty is no longer valid when imported to Canada. If there's an aftermarket warranty, good luck. My thoughts are they wouldn't cover repairs to modifications.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:10 PM

Hi Barb,
Any luck on it?
I moved to Canada and also in the process of turning on the DRL for my 05 Crossfire. The dealer just told me it would be enough to reprogram the country code from USA to Canada and it should work but mine did not. He told me he has done for some others and it did work.
After some research with MB and Chrysler he told me it is necessary to replace a kind of fuse box or whatever it is. This is what the computer is saying.
The part costs $600 and with labor it might jump to $1,000 and I think there is no guarantee that this will work.
The re-programming and the diagnostic will already cost me $200. Really do not know what to do.
Wondering if you found a solution for yours. I'd like to have a talk to you if you could PM your phone.
Thanks.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
That would be ideal except if you want to register/plate the car you have to be compliant with Canadian laws = Daytime running lights.
if you need a safety I need the ownership, KM on the car, and $100. it is that easy. Its alot cheaper then buying the headlight switch

Old 08-18-2010, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by marcossaito
Hi Barb,
Any luck on it?
I moved to Canada and also in the process of turning on the DRL for my 05 Crossfire. The dealer just told me it would be enough to reprogram the country code from USA to Canada and it should work but mine did not. He told me he has done for some others and it did work.
After some research with MB and Chrysler he told me it is necessary to replace a kind of fuse box or whatever it is. This is what the computer is saying.
The part costs $600 and with labor it might jump to $1,000 and I think there is no guarantee that this will work.
The re-programming and the diagnostic will already cost me $200. Really do not know what to do.
Wondering if you found a solution for yours. I'd like to have a talk to you if you could PM your phone.
Thanks.
If you want to know the solution to this problem, start a thread on the Canada forum here and ask. Asking this question in the roadster forum is not the answer. Barb is new here and that may lead to the blind leading the blind, you want results quick I take it.

One simple solution is borrow a Canadian switch for the test and switch it back out later.

Last edited by onehundred80; 08-18-2010 at 05:16 PM.

Quick Reply: daytime running lights