Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Water logged

Old 10-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Water logged

Hi, just bought my second hand 2006 roadster (UK Spec) and at first sight of rain found drivers side carpets water logged. has this happened to anyone??? Is it a common problem??
Anyone have any ideas of what it can be??? or what its cause is??? coz im baffled cant see anything obvious...
Please help we only have lots and lots of more rain to look forward to.

thanks.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:53 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Water logged

Originally Posted by JONMAZARICOS
Hi, just bought my second hand 2006 roadster (UK Spec) and at first sight of rain found drivers side carpets water logged. has this happened to anyone??? Is it a common problem??
Anyone have any ideas of what it can be??? or what its cause is??? coz im baffled cant see anything obvious...
Please help we only have lots and lots of more rain to look forward to.

thanks.
On left hand drive cars water gets into the right hand side of the car when the drain under the cowl in front of the windshield gets blocked and water goes into the heater/AC air inlet. With your car I am not sure what side of the car the inlet for the heater/AC air comes into the car.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:54 PM

Hi,

On our UK models the heater fan in on the passenger side (left hand side of the car when viewed from the back). As OneHundred says the area below the windscreen has 3 drains which are hidden below the plastic scuttle plate underneath the wiper arms.

Really you need to lift the hood/ bonnet right up vertically, remove the wipers and then the panel to clear out the drains.

There is one other place that water could be getting in on the drivers side. There is a fuse box in the engine bay which I have heard can let water in if the lid is not seated properly.

Hope you get it sorted.

Matt

Old 11-03-2013, 10:30 AM

thanks for the replies, you were spot on. The drainange was completly blocked. much appreciated.