Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Super charger?

Old 04-06-2014, 01:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super charger?

Ok so to my basic understanding the crossfire and the crossfire SRT6 have the same engine just the SRT6 is supercharged? would it be possible to just intstall a supercharger my self? someone told me just go buy a SRT6 well I don't want an SRT6 and all I can find in my area is 1 that has nearly 200k miles. im not trading out my 58k mile car for a 200k mile car just for a supercharger. id like to keep the white roadster and just supercharge it. Has anyone done this? is it even possible because how I understand is that its the exact same engine.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:56 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Super charger?

There are other differences in the engines other than just the blower.
I think the crankshaft and the cams are different, anyone is welcome to correct me on this.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:10 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthernBronco
Ok so to my basic understanding the crossfire and the crossfire SRT6 have the same engine just the SRT6 is supercharged? would it be possible to just intstall a supercharger my self? someone told me just go buy a SRT6 well I don't want an SRT6 and all I can find in my area is 1 that has nearly 200k miles. im not trading out my 58k mile car for a 200k mile car just for a supercharger. id like to keep the white roadster and just supercharge it. Has anyone done this? is it even possible because how I understand is that its the exact same engine.
By my count you are the six hundred and forty fifth person to ask that question. The first few to ask that question were politely told the facts, after that ........

Simply put, NO.

In two weeks or so there will be details of a turbo mod, stay tuned, but don't hold your breath.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:17 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onehundred80
By my count you are the six hundred and forty fifth person to ask that question. The first few to ask that question were politely told the facts, after that ........

Simply put, NO.

In two weeks or so there will be details of a turbo mod, stay tuned, but don't hold your breath.

Far more diplomatic than I thought you'd be.......

Old 04-06-2014, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Far more diplomatic than I thought you'd be.......
180 has been honing his people skills

Old 04-06-2014, 12:41 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
180 has been honing his people skills

What do you mean.....he's the poster child for perfect people skills.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:33 PM

I have all the engine parts to change a 3.2 or 3.7 into a supercharged Engine. I do not have the electronics pieces/programs and understand that would be the hard part. The cams, crank, heads, etc are different on an SRT. You could call me in San Antonio @ 210 648 5779. You could PM me. You could show up at the "get to gather" next Saturday at the Rim shopping center just north of Loop 1604 on the outbound service road in the Lowe's hardware parking lot.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:24 AM

180 love it

say it how it is. Brilliant.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:48 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmieC
I have all the engine parts to change a 3.2 or 3.7 into a supercharged Engine. I do not have the electronics pieces/programs and understand that would be the hard part. The cams, crank, heads, etc are different on an SRT. You could call me in San Antonio @ 210 648 5779. You could PM me. You could show up at the "get to gather" next Saturday at the Rim shopping center just north of Loop 1604 on the outbound service road in the Lowe's hardware parking lot.
That's not true. The block is a different design but other than compression, there is no material difference in the M112, M112K, M113, M113K's. Aluminum pistons, forged crank and cams, sodium filled whatever the hell valves... Same. In fact I didn't even know this until I bought the E55 and snooping around that forum with people building blocks and head's is how I stumbled across it all...

EDIT: wait wait wait, valve springs are different. Almost forgot about that one. The cam's are different, but the same material.

Electronics is the easy part... You send the ECU to me , but without lowering the compression to 32 AMG level's, and using the SC electromagnetic clutch, it'll need to be tuned and they're are some serious issues with tuning for a "fixed pulley" state right now.

Last edited by sk8erjosh09; 04-07-2014 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:12 PM

I'll be there Saturday! Maybe we can talk

Old 04-12-2014, 12:56 PM
Forum Regular

Really? You've assembled all the parts before checking on the feasibility eh? Well Good luck but since you came here with questions, it leads me to think you are in over your head. This is no small project, and to my knowledge one no one has yet to accomplish. There is a reason for that! Now if your a top flight german car mechanic and get job offered monthly to switch to a new shop for more money then you might giteer done, but if your just an average wrench trying to do this on a budget, I would just sell those parts man. Once you rip it apart it might never run again.

I think sk8terjosh is a good wrench., and he has been in his project for years now.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by 05roadsterguy
Really? You've assembled all the parts before checking on the feasibility eh? Well Good luck but since you came here with questions, it leads me to think you are in over your head. This is no small project, and to my knowledge one no one has yet to accomplish. There is a reason for that! Now if your a top flight german car mechanic and get job offered monthly to switch to a new shop for more money then you might giteer done, but if your just an average wrench trying to do this on a budget, I would just sell those parts man. Once you rip it apart it might never run again.

I think sk8terjosh is a good wrench., and he has been in his project for years now.
...... Jimmie has "assembled" these parts when his motor blew. So its not like he went out and said hey pima buy all the stuff for a SC then not know how to do it. Which I do believe Jimmie does have the knowledge how after seeing the work he's done first hand its astonishing.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:03 PM
Forum Regular

Simply put, NO.

I upset someone on the NWCC facebook page because I told him that question was annoying and that he needs to do a little research before asking such a dumb question.

Do all these people really think that NOBODY has thought about adding a turbo or supercharger to the NA crossfire? If it seems like all threads about it dead end, might tell you something about the process and likelihood of success.

Just bugs the hell out of me to keep hearing "hey guys, just bought a crossfire, has anybody ever though about adding a turbo to one?" Or "can i make an ebay turbo kit fit my crossfire? My buddy tunes hondas and says he can make it run for me!".

Last edited by MoparFreak69; 04-13-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:32 AM

Oh weird jerk because it is 100% possible. I wanted to know specifically methods and sizes people had used.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:31 AM

I for one hope you are successful, however I also hope you are not in a county requiring emissions inspections :
Vehicles in seventeen (17) Texas counties classified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as being in non-attainment status are required to have an emissions test in addition to the safety inspection
I would also like to see a dated dyno chart after you get all the bugs ironed out.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:45 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Oh weird jerk because it is 100% possible. I wanted to know specifically methods and sizes people had used.
Simply put, none and none.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:56 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

It is completely possible... but like I said on FB and texts to you, it's money, and electronics.

I think a swap would be 100 times easier but hey, what do I know

Old 04-14-2014, 02:31 PM
Forum Regular

I never said it wasn't possible. I stated it hasn't been done with much success as of now.

Since you are god's gift to man and know everything, go ahead and do it all yourself! Come on, prove me an idiot. I get a sense, however, from your mechanical knowledge being preschool level from your questions, that you will end up selling a non-running car in a few months anyway so I am not concerned one bit.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:35 PM
Forum Regular

Simply put, none and none.

I know of ONE successful supercharger swap and of ONE semi-successful, still in progress, turbo swap.
Those are your 2 options for info.
Good luck, you need it....

Old 04-14-2014, 02:38 PM

No actually you didnt state either you vented youre frustration with the subject. And i have the mechanical knowledge of a preschooler? Which is how i managed to complete a rebuild and restoration on a 78 bronco doing everything but jerking broken spark plugs which i had a guy do with a specialty tool. So no i obviously know nothing about cars considering i asked previously used methods and turbos but ya know as long as youre some stuck up *** on a forum feeling holier than i then you can obviously know everything

Quick Reply: Super charger?