Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Interior Carpet

Old 10-03-2015, 11:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Carpet

My Crossfire leaked into the interior through the fan, the insurance company is going to take care of it but the body shop is saying that they don't make a replacement carpet for my car. The form that fits into the body cavities to give a smooth floor is ripped, the hard rubber is cracking, and water stayed in the subflooring for over a week. Does anyone know if this is true? I have a 2005 Limited convertible.
Any help would be appreciated.
Bill

Old 10-04-2015, 09:35 AM
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Re: Interior Carpet

Originally Posted by williammt
My Crossfire leaked into the interior through the fan, the insurance company is going to take care of it but the body shop is saying that they don't make a replacement carpet for my car. The form that fits into the body cavities to give a smooth floor is ripped, the hard rubber is cracking, and water stayed in the subflooring for over a week. Does anyone know if this is true? I have a 2005 Limited convertible.
Any help would be appreciated.
Bill
williammt
How about having the shop look for a 2002-2004 Mercedes SLK carpet, that should be a direct replacement for the Crossfire carpet. This is the issue with the Crossfire, the aging of the car is creating a lack of parts.

Why not go to a auto shop that deals with interiors/upholstery only. They may access the carpeting from other suppliers your shop is unaware of at this time.

Just my 2 cents....
Dennis
DTMenace

Old 10-05-2015, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They called the Rick Hendrick Mercedes Dealership in Charlotte N.C. and they are saying they don't make the interior carpet for SLK any more. The body shop is going to try something they think will work but I am not sure how well it is going to work. If anybody knows of somewhere to get this interior carpet please let me know.
Thanks

Old 10-05-2015, 01:14 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by williammt
They called the Rick Hendrick Mercedes Dealership in Charlotte N.C. and they are saying they don't make the interior carpet for SLK any more. The body shop is going to try something they think will work but I am not sure how well it is going to work. If anybody knows of somewhere to get this interior carpet please let me know.
Thanks
The eBay site is full of used parts, all these parts came from cars with carpets - so what is the problem?