Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

XF nr 2 - SSB SRT 6 Coupe – any great place for service in Charlotte NC?

Old 10-21-2011, 11:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XF nr 2 - SSB SRT 6 Coupe – any great place for service in Charlotte NC?

After I bought my Black Coupe a year ago I realized that I could have had a better one for the money I paid, even when as a newbie I thought it was quite a bargain. Since then I have done lots of reading here and brought it to a much better state so that when I showed it to the dealer I bought it from, they did not recognized it! (deep black, clay-barred, no more swirl, etc)

Anyway, I have been checking the online market weekly the last 7 months. Finally decided to buy an almost mint SSB SRT 6 coupe from fellow forum member. It had only 7913 miles when I picked it up. Well taken care of with all service records and documentations, including the original dealers’ invoice. The nav CD package is still wrapped unopened.

Dave was a great seller once he found out I was too a member here. He offered to have the infamous IC-pump replaced and the car serviced at his trusted outfit before I got there. I think that was great and gladly paid for that!

I drove it back home 600 mi south.
It was, as you all can imagine (and many of you had done) a permagrin trip and it continues!

SOS! HELP! please let me know –
anyone who can recommend a good dealer in Charlotte NC - Rock Hill SC area for maintenance – I successfully changed a burn out bulb 7 months ago for the black coupe after reading here - but that was the limit of my mechanical ability.

The SRT has 12 out of 12 rating for brake pads – so I am not in hurry but looking for dustless - I’d love to save time cleaning now that I more than double the spokes!

I will be keeping this one stock hopefully, I know that SRT 6 is most likely a waste for me, but I just love it. There were times when I looked down and it showed 110 when it felt like it was only running 70 – of course I took off my feet and slowed down, honest!!!!!!!

enjoy the pictures - also in sig:

Old 10-22-2011, 01:19 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Re: XF nr 2 - SSB SRT 6 Coupe – any great place for service in Charlotte NC?

A big step up! (black to blue)!

Welcome to the 2-Fer Club!

Some here even belong to the 3-Fer Club!

Old 10-22-2011, 07:56 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: XF nr 2 - SSB SRT 6 Coupe – any great place for service in Charlotte NC?

congrats on the 2fer! these cars are really easy to maintain and honestly for me its half the joy of owning the cars. with free manuals and all the help from the forum all but the toughest of duties can be a diy.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 457 Likes on 321 Posts

Congratulations on the purchase of the SRT !!!
Hope to see ya at the "Spring Tail of the Dragon"
Sorry you missed the past Fall GTG but sh*t happens.
Enjoy and keep the perma grin

Gary

Old 10-22-2011, 10:46 PM

Thank you all!

- lol
so it is it a step up to blue, if I only knew I would have done this sooner lol!

- yes I agree, spent hours reading here

- yes hope to see you all in person next GTG

Charlotte NC guys please say st about good dealers or indie - thanks!

Old 10-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey and welcome to the 2fer club. I used to be in the 4fer club but sized down. I'm just a 3fer Srt-6 club member now. Also in Charlotte,NC. CinMotorSports does my service work. His shop is on the City Bus Transporation route with a Light Rail Transfer Pass. Squirrel Crusher

Old 10-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Forum Regular

Congrats on your recent purchase. The pics look very nice. I wish I could afford to become a member of the 2fer club because I love driving my Crossfire. I had to drive mine a lot last year and put like 25k on it last year because I had to use it for my daily driver when my Sebring was out of commision. It now sits in the garage as a queen right now with 66k on it. I have a few cars that I want to buy that are cheaper for me than becoming a 2fer owner for right now. I plan on buying a 92-94 Eagle Talon (hopefully AWD TSI, but will settle for a TSI or non turbo in that body style) I also want to get a 94-99 Mitsubishi 3000gt. A VR4 would be awesome but that's out of my budget. Finally, in the future, I plan on owning a 03-06 SL55. There are enough of those around that I can wait and still find one. The other vehicles I've mentioned are getting difficult to find or are too expensive. Oh well, I'll just keep looking. I'll find the right one when it comes along.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Squirrel Crusher
Hey and welcome to the 2fer club. I used to be in the 4fer club but sized down. I'm just a 3fer Srt-6 club member now. Also in Charlotte,NC. CinMotorSports does my service work. His shop is on the City Bus Transporation route with a Light Rail Transfer Pass. Squirrel Crusher
Hey Thank you Squirrel Crusher - I checked out their website – looks good to me!

3? 4? Hats off to your passion for SRT!!!
not that I drive around a lot but NEVER seen SRT in the area!

PM you for a chance to learn and ask more questions -
buy you coffee or a drink or lunch/dinner at your favorite place –
same for others here if you ever come to Charlotte NC just give me long advance notice but love to learn from you all!

Old 10-23-2011, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by noles
Congrats on your recent purchase. The pics look very nice. I wish I could afford to become a member of the 2fer club because I love driving my Crossfire. I had to drive mine a lot last year and put like 25k on it last year because I had to use it for my daily driver when my Sebring was out of commision. It now sits in the garage as a queen right now with 66k on it. I have a few cars that I want to buy that are cheaper for me than becoming a 2fer owner for right now. I plan on buying a 92-94 Eagle Talon (hopefully AWD TSI, but will settle for a TSI or non turbo in that body style) I also want to get a 94-99 Mitsubishi 3000gt. A VR4 would be awesome but that's out of my budget. Finally, in the future, I plan on owning a 03-06 SL55. There are enough of those around that I can wait and still find one. The other vehicles I've mentioned are getting difficult to find or are too expensive. Oh well, I'll just keep looking. I'll find the right one when it comes along.
Thank you noles – sounds like a great plan!

Old 10-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your neighbors might not admit it, but they're jealous.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:35 AM

Welcome on, I'm in Charlotte in the Ballantyne area. I've performed my own maintenance so far, outside of some warranty work. Eurowise seems to be familiar with the powertrain so they might be worth looking at. I haven't had them do anything yet but they're reputable and meticulous. They go so far as to document the process of work they do (usually pictures and notes). Anyway I find myself getting lost and ending up in Rock Hill sometimes so I'll probably see you around.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by anthony955
Welcome on, I'm in Charlotte in the Ballantyne area. I've performed my own maintenance so far, outside of some warranty work. Eurowise seems to be familiar with the powertrain so they might be worth looking at. I haven't had them do anything yet but they're reputable and meticulous. They go so far as to document the process of work they do (usually pictures and notes). Anyway I find myself getting lost and ending up in Rock Hill sometimes so I'll probably see you around.
thank you anthony955 ! I will check out Eurowise. Please do PM me if you have free time and going my direction, I am not that far from where you are. Would love just to hear about your experience with SRT!

Old 10-28-2011, 02:42 PM

I'll get up with you soon. I can take you for a spin once my pulley and tune get here in case you ever consider modding.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by anthony955
I'll get up with you soon. I can take you for a spin once my pulley and tune get here in case you ever consider modding.
Please do PM me – we can do great photo shoot while at it – I read here a lot about this and other mods but would love to see it in reality – must be very exciting for you!

Old 11-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Forum Regular

It looks exactly like my previous SSB SRT!

Old 11-07-2011, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by AlbertFattal
It looks exactly like my previous SSB SRT!

Hope you would be soon driving your new SRT!!!!!!!!!!