Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

SRT-6 Roadster, Right Time! Right Place!

Old 07-03-2015, 08:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT-6 Roadster, Right Time! Right Place!

It wasn't even on my radar, until earlier this year I saw an NA coupe at a car show near my home in Florida. I had forgotten what a really cool car they are, especially the SRT-6. I became reaquainted with the XF through various websites and a Florida Face book group. I could have purchased one in Fl, but really wanted to sell my 86 Corvette that is stored in Michigan and replace it with an XF as my new summer driver. I arrived in MI in mid June, pulled the Vette out of storage, sold it rather quickly, and found a posting on this site by Tom SRT with a link to a dealer that was 25 mile away, in Grosse Point MI. I really wanted an SRT and figured that a coupe would be more likely and more reasonably priced. But when I saw the condition of the low mileage (24K) SRT Roadster, I left a deposit. I knew if I didn't get this one I would spend months & $$$ flying around the country for a comparable car. Driving, $ or shipping, $$ it back home. This was the one. Right Time! Right Place!
Here are some pictures of my new ride.

Attached Images
Old 07-03-2015, 08:59 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: SRT-6 Roadster, Right Time! Right Place!

You found a low mileage unmolested beauty! C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!

Please take a moment to update your profile so we will know more about you and your SRT6 without having to ask . . .

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post812689

Old 07-03-2015, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by RED DOG
You found a low mileage unmolested beauty! C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!

Please take a moment to update your profile so we will know more about you and your SRT6 without having to ask . . .

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post812689
Thanks RED DOG, will be updating profile soon.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:27 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

welcome . I hope you are close to Palm Beach ,,we can meet up at the track one day. PBIR.com ... jim

you can't have an srt 6 without racing it.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by amx1397
welcome . I hope you are close to Palm Beach ,,we can meet up at the track one day. PBIR.com ... jim

amx, I'm in Apollo Beach, near Tampa 10 months of the year, and in Metro Detroit the other two. Unfortunately my SRT is going to be my two month in Michigan summer driver, at least for now. Thanks for the invite. Glen

Old 07-03-2015, 07:25 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you can't have an srt 6 without racing it.[/QUOTE]

Beg your pardon but I don't race my SRT. just drive it as intended, like a fine European GT car.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:42 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
Beg your pardon but I don't race my SRT. just drive it as intended, like a fine European GT car.[/QUOTE].

you mean to tell us you NEVER hav someone pull up next to you and gun it,, and you won?, I have a camry and it has been to the track many times,, the wife drives it., in fact i have never owner a car ( that runs) that i didn't take to the track. and the srt is a fast car , everyone has that 'go' in them once in a while.
if you drive your srt 6 please drive it as intended lol yes racing is for only some or us, My first trip to a race track ( if u want to call it that )((Amelia Earhart air field in Miami Florida)) in 1956 was my first drive in a drag race I was when i was 15 and my a friend just got a 57 Chevy for his birthday, but could not shift very good ...he ask if i wanted to race it,, i did, 5 or 6 runs and won them all. now at 73, i still win them all, well almost all lol.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:16 AM

Daughter lives in Riverview, Fl. - right next to Apollo Beach - unfortunately, I am in Saint Louis - Oh, well.

Originally Posted by 66L72M21
amx, I'm in Apollo Beach, near Tampa 10 months of the year, and in Metro Detroit the other two. Unfortunately my SRT is going to be my two month in Michigan summer driver, at least for now. Thanks for the invite. Glen

Old 07-04-2015, 11:16 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Jim, 66L72M21 should mean something to an old car guy like yourself. He actually owns one. Much like your rare AMX's.... his is in perfect condition. I tried to trade both my SRT6's for it, but alas, he turned me and down and rightly so...lol.

66L72M21, nice find man....glad you finally found one. Need anything, you have my number. I am not on here anymore than need be....later you two....

Old 07-04-2015, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Jim, 66L72M21 should mean something to an old car guy like yourself. He actually owns one. Much like your rare AMX's.... his is in perfect condition. I tried to trade both my SRT6's for it, but alas, he turned me and down and rightly so...lol.

66L72M21, nice find man....glad you finally found one. Need anything, you have my number. I am not on here anymore than need be....later you two....
Doc, PM sent!

Old 07-04-2015, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by emforce
Daughter lives in Riverview, Fl. - right next to Apollo Beach - unfortunately, I am in Saint Louis - Oh, well.
Yes, Riverview, very close to me! Don't you come here during the winter?

Old 07-06-2015, 03:06 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I've lived in southwest MI for 15 years and was unaware we had two whole months of summer. When did that start? Where did the snow go?

Welcome to XF ownership.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Goldwing
I've lived in southwest MI for 15 years and was unaware we had two whole months of summer. When did that start? Where did the snow go?

Welcome to XF ownership.
Goldwing, I lived in Southeast MI most of my life, prior to moving to FL. in 1994, since then I spend the two months that most likely will feel like summer in MI, usually July & August. I came up for Christmas one year. Won't do that again! When I get here the snow is gone. It has been so long, I forget where it goes! Cheers!

Old 07-21-2015, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by 66L72M21
It wasn't even on my radar, until earlier this year I saw an NA coupe at a car show near my home in Florida. I had forgotten what a really cool car they are, especially the SRT-6. I became reaquainted with the XF through various websites and a Florida Face book group. I could have purchased one in Fl, but really wanted to sell my 86 Corvette that is stored in Michigan and replace it with an XF as my new summer driver. I arrived in MI in mid June, pulled the Vette out of storage, sold it rather quickly, and found a posting on this site by Tom SRT with a link to a dealer that was 25 mile away, in Grosse Point MI. I really wanted an SRT and figured that a coupe would be more likely and more reasonably priced. But when I saw the condition of the low mileage (24K) SRT Roadster, I left a deposit. I knew if I didn't get this one I would spend months & $$$ flying around the country for a comparable car. Driving, $ or shipping, $$ it back home. This was the one. Right Time! Right Place!
Here are some pictures of my new ride.
You beat me to that car by 4 hours! Do me a favor if you hear of another - give me a shout.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by bonitaeric
You beat me to that car by 4 hours! Do me a favor if you hear of another - give me a shout.
bonitaeric, I've been in your shoes before, with 60's Vettes & muscle cars. It hurts to miss a good one! But, I will let you know if I run across any, I assume you mean srt's. Is your preference a roadster or a coupe? This site is probably as good as it gets for scoring an XF, though. I see you are also a Fl.-MI. guy, are you mostly FL or mostly MI. Where in FL? Good luck on finding one.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:27 PM

I was going to see the car on Monday but with the big rain storm I did not go - then Tuesday I had to pick up my wife from the airport and then I went Wednesday afternoon - which was too late. You are a lucky guy - I was able to look at it (they wouldn't let me drive it or anything). I am looking for a SRT Roadster. It will be my FL car. I am located in Bonita Springs (gulf side) and I am there 5 to 6 months. I wasn't a vette guy I had a 1994 Viper R/T 10 which I sold last year.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by bonitaeric
I was going to see the car on Monday but with the big rain storm I did not go - then Tuesday I had to pick up my wife from the airport and then I went Wednesday afternoon - which was too late. You are a lucky guy - I was able to look at it (they wouldn't let me drive it or anything). I am looking for a SRT Roadster. It will be my FL car. I am located in Bonita Springs (gulf side) and I am there 5 to 6 months. I wasn't a vette guy I had a 1994 Viper R/T 10 which I sold last year.
I made an appointment to see the SRT Tuesday (6/23) night online. They wanted me to show up in the afternoon, my schedule wouldn't allow that appointment, so they fixed me up with a 9AM. I left a deposit to hold it til Fri. when they said it would be preped & ready for sale. I showed up Fri to close the deal and there was a problem with the title, it took another week to get the car. There were several srt's for sale in FL, in the months prior to my leaving in June. But my garage is full down there, and I really wanted a different summer driver for MI. The SRT will eliminate one of my Corvettes. The time and place was perfect for me.
You are on the same side of both penusilas as I am. I'm in Apollo Beach most of the year and Oakland county MI. 2-3 months.
Do you miss the Viper?
I hope we can meet up sometime, do you do any car stuff on Woodward?

Old 07-22-2015, 07:54 AM

It is amazing how events and timing effects us - I had considered picking my wife up from the airport on Tuesday and going directly to the dealer to look at the car but decided that it was probably a long day for her and that was a lot of driving. If I had done that this conversation would have been the other way around. Oh well. I do miss the Viper but those gen 1 Vipers were pretty crude (fast but crude). The first generation Vipers were like the English Cobras - no door handles, no side windows and the top was something you assembled and manually put on. I loved the power and design of the car, but I thought I need something that was still a classic with a little more comfort to it. I am 6'2" so from what I read the Crossfire roadster has a little more head room then the coupe plus for FL I think I could utilize a convertible more. I do plan on hitting the Woodward Cruise. I understand that the local Crossfire Club will be there out around Woodward and 13 Mile. I will try to go there and talk to some of the owners about the car and maintenance stuff. If you are there I will look you up. Hey if your SRT is for Michigan and you ever wanted to switch to a coupe - let me know (I know fat chance). Take Care

Old 07-23-2015, 11:07 PM

I have a mint SRT6 Roadster I'd sell in Blue just like the picture above. PM me for anyone looking. We've had our fun with it and does not get taken out much anymore, so time to see it go to another good home.

It has 34,505 miles, Adamesh wind screen, tinted windows, and all options including factory nav, in fact I believe that was the only option available as an add on. Never seen snow, always garaged.
PM me if interested. Located in Welch, MN Serious inquires only, no tire kickers please.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:56 PM

I interested - very interested. I will send you a private email.

Last edited by bonitaeric; 07-24-2015 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Remove email address

Quick Reply: SRT-6 Roadster, Right Time! Right Place!