View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 07:54 AM
bonitaeric
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SRT-6 Roadster, Right Time! Right Place!

It is amazing how events and timing effects us - I had considered picking my wife up from the airport on Tuesday and going directly to the dealer to look at the car but decided that it was probably a long day for her and that was a lot of driving. If I had done that this conversation would have been the other way around. Oh well. I do miss the Viper but those gen 1 Vipers were pretty crude (fast but crude). The first generation Vipers were like the English Cobras - no door handles, no side windows and the top was something you assembled and manually put on. I loved the power and design of the car, but I thought I need something that was still a classic with a little more comfort to it. I am 6'2" so from what I read the Crossfire roadster has a little more head room then the coupe plus for FL I think I could utilize a convertible more. I do plan on hitting the Woodward Cruise. I understand that the local Crossfire Club will be there out around Woodward and 13 Mile. I will try to go there and talk to some of the owners about the car and maintenance stuff. If you are there I will look you up. Hey if your SRT is for Michigan and you ever wanted to switch to a coupe - let me know (I know fat chance). Take Care