Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Traction Control

Old 01-24-2017, 09:19 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Traction Control

Well, given you have a used sprint booster in line...that is also a possibility. Especially one with adjustability. Could be bad. That would be where I would start....inner cooler pump, and sprint booster. Both can cause the bucking you are talking about. Intermittent power from the sprint booster and/or inner cooler pump being bad and the intake sensor shuts the s/c on and off...

Old 01-24-2017, 09:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chuK_138
P0140 is secondary air injection pump fault. You need to send that RCM to tighed_1 for repair. It's usually (97% of the time) the relay for it failing.
Thanks. I have a spare that has been re-soldered, which I inherited with my other coupe. I'll switch it out tomorrow.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Well, given you have a used sprint booster in line...that is also a possibility. Especially one with adjustability. Could be bad. That would be where I would start....inner cooler pump, and sprint booster. Both can cause the bucking you are talking about. Intermittent power from the sprint booster and/or inner cooler pump being bad and the intake sensor shuts the s/c on and off...
I'm on it tomorrow. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience with me. Based on the limited time it has been under full power, I think it will be very competitive on the road course.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:26 PM

Chuk and I will tell you.... you can make them very very quick... You will have a great little track car. I prefer straight line drag racing...but they will turn left and right...

Velociabstract is the guy you need to pick his brain... He has done just about everything to his for road racing...

Last edited by oledoc2u; 01-24-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:39 PM

I ran my bone stock SRT6 in the Lake Garnett Grand Prix in September, with street tires, and started 9th. out of 38 cars in my class, and finished 3rd., behind a fully race prepped Lotus Exige, and a new Z06 Corvette. I could pull the Lotus in the fast sections of the track, but couldn't corner with him on street tires. I knew that the Crossfire was capable of being very competitive.

I bought JesseJames' old car from Shawn Queeny, and I'm building the roll cage and getting the safety gear installed. I'll have it ready to sort out in March at Bowling Green on the National Corvette Museum track, if I can figure out the engine problem. I can tell enough about it from the hit and miss that it's brutally fast when the light comes on. I've been trying to find a road racer so I can pick his brain.

I used to drag race. I drove a 64 Plymouth Belvedere, 426 Stage III max wedge on my honeymoon, and the ran a 68 Z28 very competitively in 69 and 70. I then realized I needed a rich daddy to play that game, and kids came along. I raced motocross very competitively with two factory sponsorship for three years, and then went back to school. Road racing is my last big hurrah, or at least a bucket list thing. I hope I have enough fire in my old carcass to be competitive. I don't like losing.

Thanks again for all of your help.

I'll contact velociabstract and pick his brain, and hopefully, I can show some Corvettes what the back of an SRT6 looks like.

Velociabstract is the guy you need to pick his brain... He has done just about everything to his for road racing...[/QUOTE]

Old 01-25-2017, 12:31 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

If you search the forum for Les's threads ( velociabstract ), you will find several videos he uploaded of race sessions in Puerto Rico. He also documents extensively the mods he has done.
I also think that latemodel21 in California has done some road racing, as well as a member in Arizona who's forum name I can't remember.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:32 PM

Robert...I hope we get to meet someday....your past and cars and bikes run along the same lines as mine....good luck...with everything...

Old 01-25-2017, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
If you search the forum for Les's threads ( velociabstract ), you will find several videos he uploaded of race sessions in Puerto Rico. He also documents extensively the mods he has done.
I also think that latemodel21 in California has done some road racing, as well as a member in Arizona who's forum name I can't remember.
Thanks. I made contact with Les, and he was helpful. He mentioned the guy that owns Indie Motorsports Park, who I called today. I think that's possibly the guy in Arizona you were referring to. Apparently he pulled back from the Crossfire Forum. I'll chase down latemodel 21, and pick his brain, if I can catch him:-)

Thanks for you suggestions.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:12 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Andrew
Thanks. I made contact with Les, and he was helpful. He mentioned the guy that owns Indie Motorsports Park, who I called today. I think that's possibly the guy in Arizona you were referring to. Apparently he pulled back from the Crossfire Forum. I'll chase down latemodel 21, and pick his brain, if I can catch him:-)

Thanks for you suggestions.
O, and I forgot : Jane Bridges.
She used to race, but sold her 6, she was back again at the last fall Dragon.
Forum name JaneBridges, she's a Diabetologist in Vincennes, Indiana

Old 01-27-2017, 12:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I take a look around once in a while. In regards to traction control, the only way to completely turn it off is to pull the fuses, in doing so it also disables your ABS so you need to become very familiar with threshold braking.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robert ,

could be your accelerator pedal . you already have torque pro . so tell it to display throttle position . then take it for a ride . mash the pedal and see if it goes to 100% , mine didn't . so changed out the pedal.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by king happy
Robert ,

could be your accelerator pedal . you already have torque pro . so tell it to display throttle position . then take it for a ride . mash the pedal and see if it goes to 100% , mine didn't . so changed out the pedal.
Thank you sir!! I'll try that.