WHY CROSSFIRE : Crossfires Across America Feedback for TV Special

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: WHY CROSSFIRE : Crossfires Across America Feedback for TV Special

7-19-09
I'm over 70 and I've owned a Porsche, an Austin Healey, a TR3B, Mercedes 250c, a BMW 528i among lots of other cars. I've always admired Art Deco, being a Miami guy. It was love at first sight seeing the Crossfire. A delight to look at, a pleasure to drive. I don't want to make any changes. She's my last car and I've saved the best for last.
scubaman

Old 07-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Received 506 Likes on 350 Posts

About a year or so ago, someone I can't remember came up with a tome about Crossfire ownership. I cannot remember the tome either but is was very good.

Can anyone remember?
This has to be included.

roadster with a stick

BTW Oledoc2U is absolutely correct. This car would not be half the fun, or value, without the Forum Members.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 07-19-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by laitsabr
Shifting value from the destination to the journey. My Crossfire.

--
My poor attempt.
An economy of words (only eight) that captures it all. Well said.

roadster with a stick

Old 07-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

What'd he say? Franc translate...oh never mind...LOL, I'm goin' to bed...sees ya...

Old 07-19-2009, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
What'd he say? Franc translate...oh never mind...LOL, I'm goin' to bed...sees ya...
He said, "shifting value"....He is not talking about the autostick. "to the Journey" He is talking about the autostick or the manual or the roadster or the coupe.

It's like life man. We are all going to the same place. Nothing unique or special about the destination.

It's the journey that makes the difference.

That said, as much as I would love to be buried in my Crossfire, I would prefer someone else got to live, driving in it, instead.

OK, I'm all out of simple block letters now so I hope I cleared it up.

happy dreams Doc!

roadster with a stick

Old 07-19-2009, 11:26 PM

Hi. Any chance of uploading the show in the forum? some of us can't get the signal of that tv channel.

Cheers.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Satelite...think Satelite...pirated Satelite especially works well...LOL...ok, bed for sure this time....

Old 07-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Crossfire is one of those cars that puts a perma-grin on your face everytime you see it, get in it and drive it. A classic design, great mechanics, superb gas mileage for a car of this caliber 150 MPH and fast as all get out. Best car I've ever owned.

Last edited by mdaniels4; 07-20-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Forum Regular

My Crossfire SRT-6 is just the best. It's the only car I've ever owned that I take out just for the pure pleasure of driving. It fun, it's fast, and it's a joy to drive. What more could you ask for in a car? In fact, we've enjoyed our SRT so much, we recently bought a second one, this time for my wife.

Last edited by eganders; 07-20-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I really like about the Crossfire are the owners. They are a great bunch of folks who are willing to help other owners with questions, ideas, modifications, and the love of driving. I never been part of such a group before.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:24 PM

The Crossfire in my opinion says elegance,style,and class. I mean just look at her lines...literally the center line follow throughout the car from the spine of the hood, to the roof,to the dash, down to the radio console and even down to the center console finishing at the tail (SRT). It is really a delight to see one in motion even when I am in mine....I sometimes say to myself that's a nice marvel(people do marvel when they see one).

What the Crossfire means to me.....

I love the sound of the engine,I love the SMELL,I love the window line,and I love the exhaust note.I look forward to getting in my sleek Crossfire each day because it is such a thrilling drive that I don't think I could tire of it. Sometimes I wonder how much fun it would be to try out newer model sports car (370Z,Vette,etc) but when I **press the pedal** and get the stares from the people driving those cars and even the higher-higher end cars as if what kind of car is that!?! All questions and doubts subside! I had a kid jumping up and down screaming and hitting his dad pointing for him to look at the Crossfire and waving....that to me speaks loudly.

p.s. The Crossfire Forum is a awesome group...my first group of friends.

p.s-p.s Can I get a shout out on Discovery Channel special........ =D

Last edited by ///SilverSaphRT6; 07-20-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts

To me, the Crossfire just radiates unique and special. It is almost as much fun to look at, as it is fun to drive. This is no cookie cutter automobile in any way shape or form. There is also a very diverse following from 16 to 76 and everthing in between. Ya gotta love it !

Old 07-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Forum Regular

Why would the Discovery Channel be interested in something like this? I would think Speed would be the more obvious choice, especially since they are known for covering obscure automotive events. I'll be interested in seeing how this pans out.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:56 PM

While my heart is forver corvette, I have to say driving my wife's crossfire is just as much fun. A great looking car with super handling and performance. I feel right at home in this car. A sparkling interior adds to the excitement.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Through Discovery's HD Theater. They showed Mustang's Across America, Jay Leno's Garage, Mecum Auto Auctions, Auto Trader, Wheeler Dealer, Chasing Classic Cars, etc. Probably the best variety of special interest auto topics.

Originally Posted by AllEuro
Why would the Discovery Channel be interested in something like this? I would think Speed would be the more obvious choice, especially since they are known for covering obscure automotive events. I'll be interested in seeing how this pans out.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Forum Regular

My Crossfire to me is like owning a beautiful piece of art. It's fine lines and curves set this car apart from any other on the road. Turning heads wherever she goes. All senses are fulfilled, beautiful to look at, the way the car feels....power under your hands and a delight to hear. A pure pleasure to drive!

Old 07-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More than just a car; we are bonded together. A friendly, gear driven soulmate that doubles as my middle age escape pod. She's the car I dreamed of as a boy behind the wheel of my go-cart and now she brings me back to those youthful days. Heaven on wheels!

Old 07-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Deborah Walker
My Crossfire to me is like owning a beautiful piece of art. It's fine lines and curves set this car apart from any other on the road. Turning heads wherever she goes. All senses are fulfilled, beautiful to look at, the way the car feels....power under your hands and a delight to hear. A pure pleasure to drive!
Come on Deborah, stop describing yourself and start describing the car.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Forum Regular

LOL I WISH that was me~!!!!

Old 07-20-2009, 06:49 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

While I've had many cars over my life time, and loved each one of them in their own right (I'm a car guy), non were as loved as my Crossfire. Why? I don't really know. I think it's a beautiful car. I love the design, the boat tail design, the retro kinda look. It's a sexy car. But, I don't know if these are all the reasons why. I'm quite passionate about this car. Maybe I'm attracted to it's uniqueness. It is a a very unique car. Not American, not European. Not a Chrysler, not a Mercedes, a product of both companies, the best of both companies perhaps yet never embraced by either company. I guess I'm attracted to fact that it's an orphan. That makes it more unique. No more will be made. And while there are so many more expensive cars out there, non call more attention than a Crossfire. You don't see one at every corner. Non turn as many heads. I can't go to the gas station without someone approaching me about my car, even with BMWs, Jags, and Porsches filling up. I guess these are the things that make me love my car more.Then you have the driving experience and that completes it for me.

I don't know that I can say this is the best car I've ever had, but I can say it's the car that's given me more pleasure. One of the standard feature on this car that is not listed on the window sticker is the feature "makes friends".

Last edited by FP; 07-20-2009 at 06:52 PM.

Quick Reply: WHY CROSSFIRE : Crossfires Across America Feedback for TV Special