Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Crossfires of Maryland (COM)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 10:14 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)

Originally Posted by stelmos
Planning on being there. When you guys decide where to hook up let me know please. Probably the best place is that same commuter parking lot on 95 we usually hook ? Looking forward to it.
We can meet at that park and ride before 10:30. it takes about 30 minutes to get from there to Dave's house.

Meeting location
Harford County Maryland - Commuter Assistance - Route 152 (Mountain Road) Park & Ride Lot

Old 04-21-2014, 07:54 AM
Forum Regular

Just to let everyone know you may want to avoid Route 1, they have been prepping the road all week for paving. The road is grooved for a long stretch and I'm not sure when they will actually pave it. While they are working on the road there have been long delays due to only allowing a single lane. Taking 95 to exit 80 then route 136 straight to house would be easiest.
If anybody has any questions PM me or call if you have my number.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:01 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by srt6-xfire
Just to let everyone know you may want to avoid Route 1, they have been prepping the road all week for paving. The road is grooved for a long stretch and I'm not sure when they will actually pave it. While they are working on the road there have been long delays due to only allowing a single lane. Taking 95 to exit 80 then route 136 straight to house would be easiest.
If anybody has any questions PM me or call if you have my number.
Thanks Dave. I'll either meet up with the group on 95 or possibly take the western route up and then backroads to your house.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:11 AM
Forum Regular

Hey Pres. looking for a head count on Saturday, do we know of anyone beside the normal group?

Old 04-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by srt6-xfire
Hey Pres. looking for a head count on Saturday, do we know of anyone beside the normal group?
Paul, David, you and I are the only people that have said they are going.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:09 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any Baltimore members here? Still on the lookout to replace my crossfire Fount this SRT listed in Baltimore

Used 2005 Chrysler Crossfire for Sale in Baltimore MD 21215 CarZone USA

Price looks right but would like to see if anyone is willing to take a peek (even just a quick eye bang in the lot). Wondering if it is worth the trip up 95 to take a look.

Thanks!

Old 04-24-2014, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Airscape
Any Baltimore members here? Still on the lookout to replace my crossfire Fount this SRT listed in Baltimore

Used 2005 Chrysler Crossfire for Sale in Baltimore MD 21215 CarZone USA

Price looks right but would like to see if anyone is willing to take a peek (even just a quick eye bang in the lot). Wondering if it is worth the trip up 95 to take a look.

Thanks!
hey guy, I did go look at this car right after they got it in. it actually looks pretty clean. there was no obvious evidence of body work. Wheels were still in good shape. Interior looked good and clean from the outside (they weren't open so couldn't get in it). there were PA window stickers on it. I would run the vin number on carfax and see what it says. the price was right for sure compared to what a lot of people are trying to get for an SRT. didn't get to drive it. so cant tell how it ran. I think the radio was switched out as I recalled. it was interesting enough for me to think hard about an SRT...but im keeping my N/A for now.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:16 PM

ok, not seeing a lot of chatter on here about Saturday. O I will be at the park and ride at mountain rd on 95 around 10 AM. Whoever wants to meet me there - see you then. Should leave there by 10:30 to get to Dave's. Hope one of us know the way :/

Old 04-24-2014, 09:53 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey guy, I did go look at this car right after they got it in. it actually looks pretty clean. there was no obvious evidence of body work. Wheels were still in good shape. Interior looked good and clean from the outside (they weren't open so couldn't get in it). there were PA window stickers on it. I would run the vin number on carfax and see what it says. the price was right for sure compared to what a lot of people are trying to get for an SRT. didn't get to drive it. so cant tell how it ran. I think the radio was switched out as I recalled. it was interesting enough for me to think hard about an SRT...but im keeping my N/A for now.
Thanks for the info. I did see history on it and looks good, I might have to check into it.

Thanks!

Old 04-25-2014, 07:39 AM
Forum Regular

ok, not seeing a lot of chatter on here about Saturday. O I will be at the park and ride at mountain rd on 95 around 10 AM. Whoever wants to meet me there - see you then. Should leave there by 10:30 to get to Dave's. Hope one of us know the way :/
See you Saturday Dave, you have my number if you need directions.
If you can put member card choices onto USB flash drive so we all can review them and pick format to order.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:30 AM
Forum Regular

im planning on being at the park and ride between 10 and 1030.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:19 AM
PNA

Originally Posted by chisler29
im planning on being at the park and ride between 10 and 1030.
I'll let you guys know later if I'll meet at the Park and Ride. I'm contemplating a northern route and just meeting you all at Dave's House. It's the fist time having the car out for a fun run in a long time and I think I'm going to avoid the highways and enjoy the ride on the backroads. I'll let you know for sure later.

Otherwise I'll end up on nothing but highways -- I70, I695 and I95. Yuck.

Is Chas not coming?

Old 04-25-2014, 11:24 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PNA
I'll let you guys know later if I'll meet at the Park and Ride. I'm contemplating a northern route and just meeting you all at Dave's House. It's the fist time having the car out for a fun run in a long time and I think I'm going to avoid the highways and enjoy the ride on the backroads. I'll let you know for sure later.

Otherwise I'll end up on nothing but highways -- I70, I695 and I95. Yuck.

Is Chas not coming?
I talked to Chas last night he said he was coming.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:44 AM
PNA

looks like I meet you guys at the parking right after all. I've gotten a late start so I need to take the highway. See you there.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:16 AM
PNA

Here's the info for this weekends car show in Monrovia. I'm planning on going. See the attached flyer for all the info.

Sunday May 4 (Rain date is the 18th)
Location is 11801 Fingerboard Road, Monrovia, MD
In front of the BP Station Lot
Time is 9am to 3pm
Dash Plaques to first 100
Trophies and Awards
Also, Top 50 Vehicles

I'll take some show flyers and pass them out.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Car Show - May 4 - Monrovia.pdf (496.1 KB, 36 views)
Old 05-04-2014, 09:18 AM

Hey guys, what would you think of doing a cookout in June? See if we could gather some parties that don't attend shows. Everyone could bring a dish to pass, maybe the club could spring for not-so-red hotdogs and burgers. We could pick a park someplace midway, or if you want we can use my community picnic area but there won't be any public restrooms....but you could use mine as needed. There is also a public park and overlook just outside Frederick that could be cool. They have multiple picnic areas, public rest rooms, and beautiful scenic overlook, and some other great roads to drive if we wanted to do a little cruise along with it. I would be willing to put that together if you are interested.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dave,

A nice long scenic ride sounds great!

Old 05-05-2014, 06:52 AM
PNA

Hey guys, what would you think of doing a cookout in June? See if we could gather some parties that don't attend shows. Everyone could bring a dish to pass, maybe the club could spring for not-so-red hotdogs and burgers. We could pick a park someplace midway, or if you want we can use my community picnic area but there won't be any public restrooms....but you could use mine as needed. There is also a public park and overlook just outside Frederick that could be cool. They have multiple picnic areas, public rest rooms, and beautiful scenic overlook, and some other great roads to drive if we wanted to do a little cruise along with it. I would be willing to put that together if you are interested.
Dave, sounds good to me. Something over this way would be great. Frederick or somewhere inbetween there and Baltimore would be nice. June gets tight though for a number of reasons, mostly vacation. Likely earlier in June would be best.

I went to the show in Monrovia yesterday. Nice show. About 150 cars. Lots of really nice ones too. Tons of door prices and the 50/50 was about $460 to the winner. I'll do a read out about it via email. I passed out over one hundred COM flyers. Given this is a show that is very local to where we hold ours, I figured it would be a good one to get flyers out at. I ran into about 10 people who have attended our show in the past and are planning on coming again this year. I do have to say, while I stayed all day for this, it reminded me of why I don't like to attend too many shows. They are too long and I'd rather be out driving than sitting...............

Old 05-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Forum Regular

June 15, ghost ryderz show in Glenn burnie, other than that, I think the other weekends are open. Toss it out there and make it happen.

Old 05-19-2014, 01:50 PM
Forum Regular

Moparpalooza cruise information.

arrive before 7:30AM

Home Depot
15410 Chrysler Dr, Upper Marlboro MD 20772

From here we will drive to the stadium, and should be there at 8am. There are no class parking this year, if you want to park with people you know, arrive at the Home Depot prior to 7:30am

Quick Reply: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)