View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 06:52 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)

Originally Posted by stelmos
Hey guys, what would you think of doing a cookout in June? See if we could gather some parties that don't attend shows. Everyone could bring a dish to pass, maybe the club could spring for not-so-red hotdogs and burgers. We could pick a park someplace midway, or if you want we can use my community picnic area but there won't be any public restrooms....but you could use mine as needed. There is also a public park and overlook just outside Frederick that could be cool. They have multiple picnic areas, public rest rooms, and beautiful scenic overlook, and some other great roads to drive if we wanted to do a little cruise along with it. I would be willing to put that together if you are interested.
Dave, sounds good to me. Something over this way would be great. Frederick or somewhere inbetween there and Baltimore would be nice. June gets tight though for a number of reasons, mostly vacation. Likely earlier in June would be best.

I went to the show in Monrovia yesterday. Nice show. About 150 cars. Lots of really nice ones too. Tons of door prices and the 50/50 was about $460 to the winner. I'll do a read out about it via email. I passed out over one hundred COM flyers. Given this is a show that is very local to where we hold ours, I figured it would be a good one to get flyers out at. I ran into about 10 people who have attended our show in the past and are planning on coming again this year. I do have to say, while I stayed all day for this, it reminded me of why I don't like to attend too many shows. They are too long and I'd rather be out driving than sitting...............