Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Crossfires of Maryland (COM)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 01:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)

No problamo, I'm just excited to go. Wife might not be joining me tho. It's really not her thing, but we both love taking rides in "da little car" as we call it.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:46 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pdjmwj
No problamo, I'm just excited to go. Wife might not be joining me tho. It's really not her thing, but we both love taking rides in "da little car" as we call it.

Yeah, my family may not be going this year either. Son is heading out of town and my daughter has a volunteer position so she may have to stay back. The wife may still go, but likely a game time decision at this point. Or, they may come up on Saturday.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:42 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doug

This is James. Give me a holla and we can try to get those headlights straightened out!

Old 07-24-2016, 07:26 PM

Thank you for the help Sir. Give me a day/time that works for you.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:06 AM

Any recommendations for indie shops in the Rockville / Silver Spring / Gaithersburg area? I've been surprised at how many MB shops don't want to look at Crossfires.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:26 AM
PNA

Originally Posted by Et16
Any recommendations for indie shops in the Rockville / Silver Spring / Gaithersburg area? I've been surprised at how many MB shops don't want to look at Crossfires.
I used German Auto Works in Rockviille once. They work on Crossfires. I'd go back. They work on a lot of high end german cars. 5535 southlawn drive. They get very good ratings. The shop is kind of a mess but the guy I spoke to knew Crossfires, had worked on many and seemed fair and knowledgeable.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:11 PM
PNA

COM Get Together Set for February 4th at Friscos Tap House in Columbia Maryland
Time: 2 pm
Address: 6695 Dobbin Rd, Columbia, MD

Plans are to just mingle and catch up, eat, drink and have brief planning meeting to set up a tentative plan for our 2017 calendar.

We currently have about 16 to 18 people attending. Meet in the Bar area.
Anyone who has responded via my email blast who might want to attend, shoot me a pm on here and / or just reply to this message.

We'll discuss possible cruises, car shows, Carlisle, Tail of the Dragon and anything else we might want to plan for 2017.

Happy Motoring.

Old 02-07-2017, 03:28 PM
PNA

Draft 2017 COM Event Calendar. Please put holds on these dates! Also, feel free to offer input and ask questions. Looking forward to a great 2017.

April 2017

HOLD – Weekend of April 22
  • Potential Central Maryland Mountain Cruise - Planningunderway – Details to Come later.
May 2017

• Mid-AtlanticMopar Meet & Swap Meet
Sunday May 21
Gates Open 8 AM
Registration Car Show8 Am - 12 Noon
Awards Presentation 3PM
Drags 11:30 – End

Online Registration May be availablesoon:http://masondixondragway.com/Upcoming%20Events.htm
July 2017
  • CarlisleChrysler Nationals – July 14-16 - Details to come on the Forum later.
Carlisle Chrysler Nationals info 2017:----> Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - CollectorCar Show and Swap Meet, Everything Mopar, Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, AMC, Jeep,and RAM

Registrationfor the Chrysler Nationals @ Carlisle PA is open.-----> Chrysler Nationals** When registering pleaseindicate that you are a member of the Crossfire International Car Club Inc. Even if you are not.
Stay tunedfor more info to follow as far as agenda.

CrossfireForum Web Link: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/car-shows/75861-icci-founders-meet-carlisle-pa-july-14-16-2017-a.html
Host Hotel Info: MechanicsburgPennsylvania Hotels - Hampton Inn Harrisburg West Hotel & Suites, PA4950 Ritter Rd. Mechanicsburg,PA 17055 717-691-1300

August 2017
HOLD – Weekends of August 5 andAugust 12
  • Potential Southern Maryland Cruise planning –Details to Come later.

October 2017
  • Fall Tail of the Dragon - October 5, 6, 7, 8
Details to come on the Forum later.
Crossfire Forum WebLink:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-events-meets/75273-save-date-fall-2017-tail-dragon-october-5-8-a.html
Hotel Reservations:(828) 498 2211 and ask forthe reservations desk.Tell them yourbooking with the "Chrysler Crossfire Group" tobe certain to get our group rate. Ourdiscounted lodge rates are $89 (with Our Crossfire Group discount). Wehave both 2 queen and 1 King rooms available while they last. Reservations must be made by August 1, 2017 to get a room atour group rate. NOTE some restrictions on reservations canceled between ninetydays and twelve months. $50-dollar cancellation fee assessed for reservationscanceled less than ninety days before arrival there will be a penalty of onenight assessed.

NOTE: I would still like to plan some charitableevent to continue assistance for our Charity. Please submit any ideas. Even araffle at Carlisle – for prizes, 50/50 or other ideas to try to raise somefunds.
Wecould also try to partner with another club for some fund raisingfunction. I have some ideas but othersplease submit your thoughts. We need toplan this soon. Thanks.

Old 07-10-2017, 01:45 PM
PNA

Crossfires of Maryland Cruise by the Bay - August 5

Join us for a Fun Day with Friends and Cruising
Boardwalks, Lighthouses and Tiki-Bars

See the attached info for details. Starting out at Ingrids fro Lunch in Cheaseapeke Beach. Cruisin through North Beach, hitting a surf museum, Running Hare Winery, Cove Point Light House and Solomons Island For Pics and the Famous Tiki-Bar on the Point.

See our facebook page for updates. Check in with Questions.

Thanks, Paul

Attached Thumbnails Crossfires of Maryland (COM)-crossfire-cruises-bay-final_page_2.jpg   Crossfires of Maryland (COM)-crossfire-cruises-bay-final_page_1.jpg  
Old 01-31-2018, 01:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this group active for 2018 ?
I live down in Southern Maryland and interested in becoming a member
Andy

Old 01-31-2018, 01:53 PM
PNA

Originally Posted by Liverpool
Is this group active for 2018 ?
I live down in Southern Maryland and interested in becoming a member
Andy
Hi Andy. Yes, we are making plans for 2018. In fact, we have a planning meeting scheduled for Saturday February 10th. Here's the posting from our facebook page. Also, if you want to PM me your email, I can add you to my direct email list so you will be fed our communications. Too bad you weren't around last summer for the Club Cruise we had down your way. Anyway, here's the info. Let me know if you think you can make it. We have one member from Chesapeke Beach that will be coming as well.

COMers

2018 Planning Meeting is Set
I'm scheduling an afternoon meet for us to get together for some food and drink and to briefly discuss interests for GTG's for this year.
DATE: February 10th
Time: 2pm
Location: Full Moon Pub and Grill : 1100 Westminster Pike, Reisterstown, MD
NOTE: I picked a location because given where I know many of us live, it's about a mid way point. It's also located where most can take some fun roads to enjoy the drive. Also, parking is ample so no worries on parking the car. Food and drinks are all rated good as well.

I know some of you are out of state so this is really more for the locals. However, please feel free to float ideas for GTGs to me for our discussions.

Agenda is simple. Bring you thoughts and ideas to discuss for Cruises (we had some good ones last year!), any shows of interest, etc.

- I'm still looking at a Maryland Crusie (I have some tentative routes but want input on dates)
- Possibly a Back of the Dragon Event in southern VA
- Those interested in attending the annual Fall Tail of the Dragon can coordinate efforts.
- A visit to a car museum (several in mind but there is a small one in St. Michaels which would be fun because we can enjoy the town, the roads and the museum. I already have a draft plan prepared. The other idea is the AACA museum Near Hershey. Lot's to do and plan there. That museum looks great.

Thanks and please confirm if you can come and how many. Note. Current count is about 15!!! Feel free to bring friends if you like but I need numbers.
If weather is bad, we'll look for an alternative date (I don't mean rain though).
https://www.facebook.com/crossfires.of.maryland/