Other Vehicles The place to talk about watercraft, boats, trains, planes and anything with an engine that isn't a car.

Chrysler Firepower

Old 11-27-2007, 07:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler Firepower

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...&ct=image&cd=2

Would anyone trade in their crossfire for this beauty?

Old 11-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Default Re: Chrysler Firepower

Nope. 928-looking hatch, wierd side window shape, and Corvette money. Factor in the meager trade-in value of the XF, and it won't happen. At least not for me.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:51 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw the Firepower at the LA Auto Show a couple of years ago and it's gorgeous. I don't think I'd give up the Crossfire for one though as my Crossfire is a weekend toy, and I really want my weekend toy to be a convertible with a manual gearbox.

I'm just glad my wife hasn't seen the Firepower yet...she's due for a new car soon and if Chrysler ever does build it (but I don't think they will) she wouldn't leave me alone until there was one sitting in our garage.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:08 AM

See i heard around 60k for this beast. Maybe if it ever comes out the trade in value of our cars would be higher making it more reasonable.

I find it funny because people say my XF looks like the bat-mobile. *shrug*

Now if anyone had a Firepower that would made more sense. All its missing is the rocket on the back.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Chrysler Firepower

Would not trade my Roadster Limited, but would buy one in a heart beat...even quicker if they made a drop top.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:37 PM

Less than 60k you could get an '05 drop top viper.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I likely would...

people here say you can get a vette, you can get a viper... but i guess what they don't realize is that many people don't even consider those cars as they are just declase... this car is in a different market from either of them...

Would I buy vette? Never... An XLR? Sure.
Would I buy a Viper? Never... The Firepower? Sure.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:26 PM

Ouch what a painful question - I want both.

Last edited by Rapps; 11-30-2007 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:45 PM

for 60 grand i'd be looking at 2 crossfires, one used srt for a little under 30 and a drop top limited.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:05 AM

It reminds me of the new Shelby coupe. Like it was said before I would reather have two Crossfires than one really expensive car that dosen't have the charater of the Crossfire.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Sidez
I likely would...

people here say you can get a vette, you can get a viper... but i guess what they don't realize is that many people don't even consider those cars as they are just declase... this car is in a different market from either of them...

Would I buy vette? Never... An XLR? Sure.
Would I buy a Viper? Never... The Firepower? Sure.
Not sure I understand nor agree with your comment? Declasse? How do you consider those vehicles, especially the Viper, to be inferior or lacking of class? Who are these "people"? Most of the experts consider those cars excellent value and performance for the money.

BTW, that's an old article. I've read that they don't think it will be produced. That would be shame.

Last edited by Haywood; 12-02-2007 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by BuffNSoFly
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...&ct=image&cd=2

Wife wouldn't let go of her CF, but I would buy the FP if they made it.
BUT
They dumped it quite some time ago. It looked like a good fit business wise, since it was a parts bin car. Viper Chassis, so it could be built on that line. And an 6.1 Hemi so the engine was cheaper lighter yet very effective.
AND
If they really came to market at 60K it fills in a hole in the market under the new Viper prices. No point really in comparo with a used Viper since that's a different market, and a different look.

DB

Old 12-04-2007, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Haywood
Not sure I understand nor agree with your comment? Declasse? How do you consider those vehicles, especially the Viper, to be inferior or lacking of class? Who are these "people"? Most of the experts consider those cars excellent value and performance for the money.

BTW, that's an old article. I've read that they don't think it will be produced. That would be shame.
Declase usually referes to branding, but i guess i went a little out of context here what I am trying to say I guess is that they are all our sports with a compromise in some comforts and other things...

Comparin an Aston Martin Vantage to um... a Porsche 911 Turbo both are clearly sports cars but have some differences in priorities where areas they cost similarly... Aston surpasses in interior quality and design, but the porsche is a better performer... you can call the Porsche declase in that perspective...

And that is why I brought up some other examples like the Corvette and the XLR they are built of the same chasis with performance in mind yet the compromises are different, and calling the one that compromises in comfort and exclusivity and costs less can be called declase even though it makes up for it in performance...

I am not saying there is anything wrong with any of the cars mentioned... different strokes for different folks, I would always perfer the classier version of a sports car than it's all out performance counterpart...

Old 12-04-2007, 07:52 AM
Forum Regular
Default Chrysler Firepower-DOA

Sorry Guys,

This is all a moot point...

Check www.allpar.com regarding concepts and production rumors.

Firepower would have been based on the Viper chassis and that line is slated to be closed after the current year's run. Chrysler's new owners are cutting back and the PT Cruiser, Pacifica, Magnum, Compass, Viper and Crossfire are all going away after 2008. The Demon sports car concept is also probably dead. Don't look for niche, low volume vehicles anytime soon. Save your money for a Challenger because that's the last real performance machine you'll see from Mopar for a while. SRT will continue since it can be based on standard high volume vehicles. Sorry folks but that's the harsh reality of life in today's domestic car business.

Slim