Parts/Accessories for sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Group buy / crossfire custom stainless steel wire mesh grilles

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 05:37 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: Group buy / crossfire custom stainless steel wire mesh grilles

Something worth passing along . . .

I see our new grilles are starting to be delivered. Mine is due today. Something Karl in the UK advises that I want to pass along . . .

Our new wire mesh grilles will allow more water pass through than the stock grille. Karl suggests drilling a drain hole in the plastic lower engine cover pan (if you still have yours installed). Also for those of us running the Needswings cold air intake system(s), you may want to consider putting on the K&N DryCharger Filter Covers to help prevent water ingestion . . .

K&N DryCharger filter cover

Don't forget to post some photos here of your installed grilles!

Last edited by RED DOG; 12-13-2013 at 05:43 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:27 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Not a bad idea, but I have ran my grilles for over 5 yrs now. No covers, and it has rained on me just about every event I have went too. The Dragon, Woodward, you name it we have been down poured on without any problems. The filters Rob includes are good to go. But, it never hurts to be safe. I haven't had any drainage problems with the pans on either. They pretty well drain themselves. But after they saw the stock grille, which is pretty restrictive, I can see why they might be worried. Biggest thing I had to do was black out everything that shows thru the grille. Can't wait to get them and get them painted and installed. But, like I stated in another thread, it has to warm up a bit before I tackle that challenge.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Well mine is delayed. Supposed to be here by 10:30 now is by 5pm. Somehow the last digit on my ZIP code changed from a 9 to a 7 and that stopped everything. Doesn't matter that my address is unique and I get a lot of packages but there you are.

Luckily I saw the "incorrect address" on the web page and corrected (number to call if difficulty in the US is 800-463-3339) so should still receive it today.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:32 AM

Well, I just got my grilles delivered...going to open them, make sure they are fine...packages don't even show a bit of damage...I have a paddle for momma too....lol.

Everything looked fine. Just have to add paint and mount them...

After having the heavy duty ones, these seem like they weigh nothing, but very well built. They did a great job. Thanks again Red Dog for putting this together. Cheers.

Last edited by oledoc2u; 12-13-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Received 561 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
...I have a paddle for momma too....lol.
Kinky ........... do you use the 'cuffs as well?
Don't answer ........ please don't answer.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:46 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Amazing... arrived @ exactly 10:35. Install was rather easy. I had to do a little work on the lowers only because I have DL lamps installed. Lovin the look!
Many thanks Red for makin this happen.
Have to give props to Zunsport for the ultra fast shipping.
And their warning about using gloves and taping off is worth heeding. Those are some sharp edges.

Mike

Group buy / crossfire custom stainless steel wire mesh grilles-dsc00307.jpg Group buy / crossfire custom stainless steel wire mesh grilles-dsc00302.jpg Group buy / crossfire custom stainless steel wire mesh grilles-dsc00304.jpg Group buy / crossfire custom stainless steel wire mesh grilles-dsc00296.jpg

Group buy / crossfire custom stainless steel wire mesh grilles-dsc00297.jpg Group buy / crossfire custom stainless steel wire mesh grilles-dsc00298.jpg Group buy / crossfire custom stainless steel wire mesh grilles-dsc00299.jpg Group buy / crossfire custom stainless steel wire mesh grilles-dsc00295.jpg

Last edited by syfi; 12-13-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:02 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by syfi
Amazing... arrived @ exactly 10:35. Install was rather easy. I had to do a little work on the lowers only because I have DL lamps installed. Lovin the look!
Thanks for posting the pics. I am glad I didn't get them. From every angle/pic it looked a little off, sort of a round peg in a square hole. It may very well look better in person and is still the best looking mess type grill to date tho. I do like the look of the lowers!

Old 12-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Got mine just now - no board on the outside and the box looked a little battered but the grill's look ok. Only bad thing is they put a value of 200. British pounds for duty. that translates to $348.92 Canadian (325.00 USD) and I got stuck with another 83.62 owing on delivery for duty and taxes. Better look and fit good!!

Old 12-13-2013, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Reliableron
Got mine just now - no board on the outside and the box looked a little battered but the grill's look ok. Only bad thing is they put a value of 200. British pounds for duty. that translates to $348.92 Canadian (325.00 USD) and I got stuck with another 83.62 owing on delivery for duty and taxes. Better look and fit good!!
shipments were all valued at $200 US dollars for shipping insurance purposes only. if you were overcharged for customs you need to complain.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:56 PM
Received 561 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by Reliableron
Ron, I think if you have a bill or whatever stating the actual price you paid you can get the difference back if you protest. Some shippers put whatever comes to mind and often include shipping costs. UPS hangs a brokerage fee to the parcels coming from outside Canada, I always avoid UPS if I can. I go USPS and Canada post whenever possible.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:39 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Simply amazing! I also got mine this afternoon; all the way over here on the edge of the continent. All looks great. Thank you Bob for taking the Bull by the horns and getting it done.

Old 12-14-2013, 08:57 AM

Got my grilles yesterday and installed them pretty easily. At first I was kind of expecting a little heavier gauge of wire mesh but now I realize that would "overwhelm" this small car. I am now TOTALLY satisfied with everything.

As Doc said, I need to "black out" everything behind the upper grille and to make it look right I think I need to paint those lower mounting brackets to be body color. Oh well . . . one step at a time.

Name:  dcp_4614_zps2556ff49.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  94.2 KB

Name:  dcp_4611_zpsc60d0bba.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  112.3 KB

Name:  dcp_4613_zps4ab62a22.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  103.2 KB

I realize that everyone has differing tastes but IMHO I've never seen a better grille for the Crossfire. Just what it needed! I hope everyone else is satisfied too!

Last edited by RED DOG; 12-15-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:12 AM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

FedX has mine somewhere in Orlando. Called and said I should have Monday, wasn't eligible for Sat delivery.

Estimated delivery :
N/A

ORLANDO, FL
US

Old 12-14-2013, 06:19 PM

Hey I purchased the upper and lower grillle. I have the top grille on, no problem. The bottom grilles installed up to the forth step of tightning up the toggle clamps. However, I do not see a place to put the screws on step 5 (figure 3.) Before I go wild with a drill I wanted to check to see if I am needing to create a new hole to put the screw in or is there an existing one I am not seeing? Thank you for your time and answers.

-William

Old 12-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Forum Regular
Default Group buy / crossfire custom stainless steel wire mesh grilles

Padgett, yes, I remain on N/A. I've wondered if getting a black set they were shipped later. They were shipped on the 11th. If they arrive Monday, I guess that will be three days like the others got theirs. I just assume that any FedEx flights or trucks stop where they are at quitting time Friday, then resume at starting time Monday. Good trick that FedEx figuring out how to stop planes in mid-air, but since they're a large company no doubt...

Biba

Old 12-14-2013, 07:19 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

received mine yesterday.
three mintues before deadline.
thanks for a great job red dog in your setting this group buy up.
also great work on the grill zunsport.
maybe they could do the rear diffusers???

Old 12-14-2013, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by crossfire1989
Hey I purchased the upper and lower grillle. I have the top grille on, no problem. The bottom grilles installed up to the forth step of tightning up the toggle clamps. However, I do not see a place to put the screws on step 5 (figure 3.) Before I go wild with a drill I wanted to check to see if I am needing to create a new hole to put the screw in or is there an existing one I am not seeing? Thank you for your time and answers.

-William

There are no existing holes for the outside self tapping attachment screws in the lower grilles. Just line up the grill and then turn the screw until it "grabs" and screws in firmly.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:41 AM

Well ive fitted mine today on this cold Sunday morning in the UK. I was a bit wary of bending the two bottom metal bars but gently does it.Overall i think it looks great and transforms the front end.

Attached Thumbnails Group buy / crossfire custom stainless steel wire mesh grilles-img_20131215_104658.jpg   Group buy / crossfire custom stainless steel wire mesh grilles-img_20131215_104550.jpg   Group buy / crossfire custom stainless steel wire mesh grilles-img_20131215_104650.jpg  
Old 12-15-2013, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by syfi
Have to give props to Zunsport for the ultra fast shipping.
And their warning about using gloves and taping off is worth heeding. Those are some sharp edges.

Mike

Attachment 30308 Attachment 30309 Attachment 30310 Attachment 30311

Attachment 30312 Attachment 30313 Attachment 30314 Attachment 30315
I do believe I am going to love these more than my old ones. I really liked the old mesh grilles I had. Hope the new owners love them too...I was ready for a new look...

Old 12-15-2013, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by witchal
Thanks for posting the pics. I am glad I didn't get them. From every angle/pic it looked a little off, sort of a round peg in a square hole. It may very well look better in person and is still the best looking mess type grill to date tho. I do like the look of the lowers!
I have to paint mine yet as I like to tone things done a bit. But, I can tell you they fit perfectly. Hand made and great craftsmanship. Mine came in the raw, so I can see the work more that they did. My paint is ordered and with a few good days of warmth in the shop, we will paint them...

Quick Reply: Group buy / crossfire custom stainless steel wire mesh grilles