Southeast Forum Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN.

Crossfires in Carolinas & Georgia

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 06:03 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts
Default Crossfires in Carolinas & Georgia

Thought I would kick-off a thread (Bigkid's suggestion) to identify XFires in the Carolinas & Georgia. Should be able to generate a list & keep folks posted on upcoming shows & track events in the areas. (Note: This list is a little different than list started by fastfunfor2.)

Here's an owner's list:

01) dedwards0323 (Dennis & Roberta) - 2007 Machine Gray Limited Coupe
02) Bigkid (Jim & Linda) - 2005 SSB SRT6 Coupe (his) / 2005 SSB SRT6 Roadster (hers)
03) fastfunfor2 (Jeff & Yvonne) - 2005 Black SRT6 Coupe
04) MRVsXRT (Jeff's Dad) - 2005 Graphite SRT6 Coupe
05) maniusmc (Scott & Ladonna) - 2004 Black Coupe (his)
06) SrtHottie (Ladonna & Scott) - 2005 Aero Blue SRT6 Roadster (hers)
07) eruby (Eric & Denise) - 2005 Black Limited Roadster
08) Rv Xfire08 (Joanna & Allen) - 2008 Blaze Red Limited Coupe (hers)
09) RVroadster07 (Allen & Joanna) - 2007 Blaze Red Limited Roadster (his)
10) R/TommyB - 2004 Graphite Metallic Coupe
11) Jeff Cobb (Jeff) - 2005 Aero Blue SRT6 Coupe
12) ws6vert (Eddie) - 2005 SRT6 Roadster
13) deadlandxtreme (Matt C.) - 2005 Alabaster White Limited Coupe
14) onelove - 2005 Black SRT6 Coupe
15) Uncle O (Owen) - 2005 Graphite SRT6 Coupe
16) EASLEYSCXFIRE (Randy & Cindy) - 2005 SSB Limited Coupe (his) / 2006 SSB Limited Coupe (hers)
17) ? (Tibitha Hill) - Inferno Red Limited Coupe (my neighbor; trying to get her to join up)
18) notedq (?) - 2005 Black Limited Coupe
19) snowshadowlight (Will) - 2005 Blaze Red Limited Coupe
20) 04Fire (?) - 2004 Graphite Limited Coupe
21) rje_nc (Bob) - 2004 Graphite Metallic Coupe
22) Alicia - 2008 Brilliant Silver Limited Roadster
23) tim le - 2005 SSB SRT6 Roadster
24) 505 - 2007 Black Coupe
25) Deborah Walker (Deborah Walker) - 2004 SSB Coupe
26) robs 04 crossfire - 2004 SSB Coupe
27) GVFire (Trey V.) - 2005 Graphite Limited Coupe
28) MetalMilitiaSRT (Robert) - xxxx Aero Blue SRT6 Coupe
29) kaelino (Phillip Kaelin) - 2007 Bright Silver Limited Roadster
30) Larskeller (Joyce and Lars) - 2005 SSB SRT6 Roadster
31) Elalyn (Ella) - 2005 Alabaster Limited Roadster
32) Mickey5469 (John) - 2005 SSB SRT6 Roadster
33) bmorgan (Bob) - 2005 Black SRT6 Roadster
34) khlorineking (Eric) - 2006 Black Coupe
35) pizzaguy (Mark) - 2005 Blaze Red Limited Roadster / 2005 Graphite Limited Roadster 'with a stick'
36) dgspikes (Tom & Deb) - 2004 Blaze Red Coupe
37) KrzyFast (?) - 2005 Graphite SRT6 Roadster
38) millenia (?) - 2004 Graphite Metallic Coupe
39) Danwesson41 (Dan) - 2005 Black 6-spd Coupe
40) blackpepper (?) - 2005 Black Roadster

Last edited by dedwards0323; 02-09-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Crossfires in Carolinas & Georgia

Howdy.

Keep me in the loop!

I'm up in the Raleigh-Durham area.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by R/TommyB
Howdy.

Keep me in the loop!

I'm up in the Raleigh-Durham area.
Great to hear from you. The wife & I lived in Durham from 84 to 94, so I know you like it in the Triangle area. There is a really great Nissan Z Car Club (Triangle Z) that operates in & around Raleigh. There's another one over in Triad area (Triad Z Club). They are always looking for fellow enthusiasts to join them in local meets & gatherings. (Note: You should be able to locate info via Internet.) We might be able to get some pointers from them if we get enough interest to establish a Crossfire Club of the Carolinas & Georgia.

I'll stay in touch, Dennis E.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let us know if you see anything coming up. We live in Charleston SC. It would be great to get together other than twice a year at Fontana

Old 01-22-2009, 08:57 PM

Good job Dennis, that's the way to get the ball rolling. The track days are a very exciting idea. I have never been to one but would love to go. Interacting with similar clubs to pool resorces also sounds smart and it appears you have had experience in this area. We might also want to include the western NC owners as well, since there should be some pretty close to the up state. Keep up the good work, I am excited about this! Thanks Jim

Old 01-23-2009, 04:12 AM
Forum Regular

I'm up for a track day, I'm in Spartanburg,S.C.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:30 AM

Regarding track days, some tracks that participate & are possibilities:

1) Carolina MotorSports Park in Kershaw, SC (http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/)

2) Roebling Road Raceway in Bloomingdale, GA (http://www.roeblingroad.com/)

3) VIRginia International Raceway in Alton, VA, near Danville (http://www.virclub.com/)

4) Road Atlanta in Brasleton, GA (http://www.roadatlanta.com/)

In addition, we could select a road race on a weekend at one of the these tracks as an event to meet and gather. The AMLS has events scheduled at both VIR & Road Atlanta. I've been to Road Atlanta Petit LeMans on several occasions and it's always a great race & weekend. Besides, you can purchase parking at locations around track so you can be somewhat off from the crowd at the grandstand straightaway. I usually want to see these cars handle turns so I park out where I can get closer to this form of racing. The main straightaway doesn't do anything for me.

As interest grows, I'll be in touch.

Dennis E.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 01-23-2009 at 05:35 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by dbg55
Let us know if you see anything coming up. We live in Charleston SC. It would be great to get together other than twice a year at Fontana
Roebling Road Raceway is fairly close to you folks. it's not far from Savannah, GA (probably our favoriate weekend retreat for Roberta & me).

We also get down to Charleston about 2-3 weekends a year. I'll let you know when we come down next, since we'll be in the Crossfire now (one of the reasons we bought the car).

Later,

Dennis E.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Great to hear from you. The wife & I lived in Durham from 84 to 94, so I know you like it in the Triangle area. There is a really great Nissan Z Car Club (Triangle Z) that operates in & around Raleigh. There's another one over in Triad area (Triad Z Club). They are always looking for fellow enthusiasts to join them in local meets & gatherings. (Note: You should be able to locate info via Internet.) We might be able to get some pointers from them if we get enough interest to establish a Crossfire Club of the Carolinas & Georgia.

I'll stay in touch, Dennis E.
Interesting you should mention other clubs. I'm actually part of another group, Triangle Mopars, which is for LX owners in and around the Piedmont area. We're young, so we're struggling with increasing membership and getting members more involved.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:29 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to be late to the party, but I just spotted this thread. Track days would be great. I hope we can make it happen. Thanks, Dennis!

Old 01-26-2009, 07:54 AM
Rv Xfire08

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Thought I would kick-off a thread (Bigkid's suggestion) to identify XFires in the Carolinas & Georgia. Should be able to generate a list & keep folks posted on upcoming shows & track events in the areas. (Note: This list is a little different than list started by fastfunfor2.)

There are several really good road coarses in the Carolinas (& upper GA) that have open "track days " throughout the year. And I've joined in with one of my Merkur XR4ti's on several "track days" sponsored by other car clubs (BMW, Triangle Z, etc.). You really get to know what your car will do when given the opportunity to drive a bonafide road coarse.
Please add us to your list.We are in Roebuck,Sc/Spartanburg area.Thanks Joanna & Allen(2008 blase red coupe)

Old 01-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Rv Xfire08

Originally Posted by fastfunfor2
Sorry to be late to the party, but I just spotted this thread. Track days would be great. I hope we can make it happen. Thanks, Dennis!
Wish we could get some of the locals to meet for dinner or some thing.Allen &Joanna

Old 01-26-2009, 09:03 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree. lets stay with it until we can get a time and place that works. This weekend is no good for me, but the first two weekends in Feb. are open. There's a lot of good food on Woodruff Rd. Is that central enough for everyone? On the other hand, a getting there is half the fun, so anywhere would do.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Rv Xfire08

Originally Posted by fastfunfor2
I agree. lets stay with it until we can get a time and place that works. This weekend is no good for me, but the first two weekends in Feb. are open. There's a lot of good food on Woodruff Rd. Is that central enough for everyone? On the other hand, a getting there is half the fun, so anywhere would do.
Any time is good for as far I know.If anyone really wants together PM me and I will give our number,so we can set up time etc.Or post meeting place here and time and we will be there.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:05 PM

So let's start looking at a weekend in February that our XFire group can get together for an evening. The 1st weekend in February is already committed for me. But Roberta & I could attend any other weekend. If we pick the 2nd weekend in February, we could combine out XFire social with Valentine's Day. I can start contacting eateries along Woodruff Road that would handle our group. Of I'll check out any other locations in the area if anyone has a suggestion.

FWIW - There is a Ryan's steakhouse along Woodruff Rd with sufficient parking for us. And the somewhat newer Golden Corral that's located over in Cherrydale area has more than enough parking area and I personally think the food is better. Arizona Steakhouse also along Woodruff Road probably is a candidate. If the group wants to go more upscale, especially if we choose Valentine's Day, then just let me know. (Note: Just trying to think of places that had ample parking for our exotics! Of course, putting our XFires all in the same spot together is probably going to draw a little attention anywhere!)

Last edited by dedwards0323; 01-26-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:46 PM

Ok guys, thanks to Dennis and Jeff we are off to a good start. The dinner out is a great idea for our first meeting. My vote would be for a little more upscale, but any resturant the group picks is good for me. B4 we started this group, I know that many times when I got on the forum I didn't look in the regional section because there was just no activity there. That has already changed for me, but I know there are more members in our area on the forum. Any ideas how we can reach them? Thanks Jim

Old 01-27-2009, 09:19 AM
Rv Xfire08

I tryed this a few months ago,but guess I posted in the wrong place to get some local crossfire owners together.I am so glad Dennis got this one started.I have left notes on every crossfire I see in a parking lot.And one guy I met at Walmart in Roebuck(Andrew) is a member here.So I will let him know. I am surpized no one has seen us.We have the red blaze coupe with handicap Fl.tags.So flag us down. We drive ours every day. This will great.Keep us informed! Joanna & Allen

Old 01-27-2009, 01:05 PM

Okay, at lunch time today I took a short cruise up & down Woodruff Road in Greenville. Here's a list of eateries to consider with rankings (IMO):

1) Typical everyday chains: Applebee's, Chili's, Ruby Tuesday, TGI Friday's, Sticky Fingers, Fatz Cafe, Cracker Barrel, Mimi's Cafe, Red Robin, Arizona Steakhouse, Ryan's

2) Mid scale: Carrabba's Italian Grill, Flat Rock Grille, Longhorn Steak House, PF Chang's China Bistro, Indigo Joe's Sports Pub & Restaurant, Travenia's (Italian), Wasabi Japanese Steak House, Lieu's Chinese Bistro

3) Upper Scale: BoneFish Grill, Blue Fire Grill, AZIA

This should provide more than enough locations for us to gather. So get back to me with your preference.

Later,

Old 01-27-2009, 10:32 PM

Hello All! Dennis, thanks for doing the leg work and presenting all of our options. I like the second group and any of the first 4 in that group would be good for me, however my pick would be the Longhorn . I love that resturant and they closed the one in Spartanburg. The important thing is that we meet somewhere and get this group going. Thanks Jim

Old 01-28-2009, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Bigkid
Hello All! Dennis, thanks for doing the leg work and presenting all of our options. I like the second group and any of the first 4 in that group would be good for me, however my pick would be the Longhorn . I love that resturant and they closed the one in Spartanburg. The important thing is that we meet somewhere and get this group going. Thanks Jim
So, Jim has recommended Longhorn Steakhouse and that's okay with me. If everyone else agrees, then the place is set.

Now, which date in February? Do we 'piggy back' on Valentine's Day? Opportunity to take our 'better halves' out for an early evening XFire rendevous followed with dinner among soon-to-be friends. Or is another date preferable to avoid the typical Valentine's Day increased dining activity? Also, need a time for us to meet. Probably an hour or so before dinner bell so we can display our 'XFire colors'!

And when the date is picked, who plans to attend? (Note: Need a headcount to discuss with Longhorn.)

So:

1) Give me a date & time to get together.
2) Tell me if you plan to attend.

Dennis E.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 01-28-2009 at 05:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Crossfires in Carolinas & Georgia