TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Urgent help needed

Old 09-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urgent help needed

HI Everyone,

I was at work today and all afternoon i heard this beeping going off and everyone including myself was moaning about it. Anyway left my office and to my surprise it was my car. I drovecit home and had no warning lights of any kind. Anyway when you car is running i get the beeping and when its turned off it beeps. It sounds like 2 small beeps followed by a bigger louder one. I decided toctake fuse 9 out and it stopped but when i srart the car again the beeping continues evencwithout the fuse. I then changed the batteries in my key fob but had no effect. I then disconected the battery hoping it would reset. No joy whatsoever. Ive had a few friends round and one of thems a mechanic. He said he doesnt know and has never heard that type of beeping before. Is only ideacwas to change the battery but he said he thinks its fine. Can someone please assist or give me any ideas what it could be. Ive ran out of ideas and am worried aboit driving the car plus the sound is very annoying.
Many many thanks in advance

Old 09-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Default Re: Urgent help needed

Sorry about the spelling i was typing too fast

Old 09-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Forum Regular

I had a weird occurance when I first got mine and turns out the battery was old. The alarm would go off while I was driving and it wasn't loud at all. Sure enough I went to Walmart and got a new battery for $120 and I haven't had the problem since. go to Autozone and get your charging system checked.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus12345
HI Everyone,

I was at work today and all afternoon i heard this beeping going off and everyone including myself was moaning about it. Anyway left my office and to my surprise it was my car. I drovecit home and had no warning lights of any kind. Anyway when you car is running i get the beeping and when its turned off it beeps. It sounds like 2 small beeps followed by a bigger louder one. I decided toctake fuse 9 out and it stopped but when i srart the car again the beeping continues evencwithout the fuse. I then changed the batteries in my key fob but had no effect. I then disconected the battery hoping it would reset. No joy whatsoever. Ive had a few friends round and one of thems a mechanic. He said he doesnt know and has never heard that type of beeping before. Is only ideacwas to change the battery but he said he thinks its fine. Can someone please assist or give me any ideas what it could be. Ive ran out of ideas and am worried aboit driving the car plus the sound is very annoying.
Many many thanks in advance
Looking through some of the "alarm" threads, this could possibly be caused several different things from water in the trunk, faulty sensors to a bad battery. Can you give us some more information such as:

Year and style of Xfire (N/A, SRT, Coupe, Roadster, etc)?
Any electrical mods?
What was the weather like when this started happening (clear, raining, etc.)?
How long did you leave the battery disconnected?
Do you know how old the battery is? If not, can you tell us the color and the type of battery that is installed?
Any other details that you can think of would be very helpful.

Thanks - RL

Old 09-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Smile Re: Urgent help needed

Okay my car is a 53 plate which is 2003. I have the n/a crossfire coupe. This is the first time its ever done this. All week the weather has been sunny and around 21 degrees. No rain in a week. I havent done any electrical mods. The only mod ive done was about 3 months ago and that was fitting the needswings induction kit. I just went down and look at the battery and it is a grey colour and its called varta. I cant say i know the sound of the alarm because ive never heard it. Even when ive opened the boot or someones sat invthe car while the alarm is set off. The only thing my car does is flash lights. The sound my car is making now is weird chirps or beeps doesnt sound like an alarm warning. I have tracked the sound to near the window wipers but in the engine bay bit. Ice looked on a few websites andca mercedes mechanic reckons it could be the alarm system is faulty and to get a new part. Thats sounds expensive though :-( ifcmy battery was dying though wouldnt my car have trouble starting etc? Any guidance is much appreciated. Oh and i disconected the car battery for about 5 minutes.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:00 PM

Oh here is another site i found with a possible answer. The link is below

Chrysler crossfire: mercedes..alarm..a loud chirping or barking noise - JustAnswer

Old 09-07-2012, 05:19 PM

If the worst comes to the worst does anyone have any clear instruction on how to disconnect the siren. I have ti drivevto work and cant cave that beeping chirping sound lol

Old 09-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus12345
If the worst comes to the worst does anyone have any clear instruction on how to disconnect the siren. I have ti drivevto work and cant cave that beeping chirping sound lol
I would suggest changing the battery. The one you have in there is the original from 2003 so it is 9, almost 10, years old. These cars are extremely sensitive to electrical anomalies and a battery that old, while still starts the car, can wreak havoc on some of the other systems. I was having odd things happen in my car as well and didn't realize I had the original battery installed. After I changed the battery, the car straightened up.

Hope this helps.

RL

Old 09-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Sounds like the siren took a dive. They have little rechargable batteries in them and 9 years is a long time fr rechargables. The siren is right in the middle below the windshield and under that cowling. It has been described as a cricket on crack, search alarm or cricket on crack. Good luck!