Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

New Wheels and Tire Sensors

Old 03-06-2008, 05:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Wheels and Tire Sensors

If you change the wheels do you have to get tire sensors, or will the low air light come on? I would like to change to chrome on my ' 05 . The owners manual mentions don't change the wheels. I am new to the forum. I have learned a lot reading posts. But I haven't seen any discusion on this; other than somebody put new sensors in there new rims and the light went off. I have had a blast with the car. I wasted time and money on pony cars in the past. (I still have a '06) (love the new body) But I believe I got more bang for the buck with the XFire. This thing runs circles around the stang. My car is stock with 12,000 one (old -geez) owner miles. I have to admit he took car of it. I too, drive like an old geez. (Just don't try and race.) I have a tendacy to feed the oats. Get up and go is outrageous. Any help on this matter will be appreciated.

Last edited by Rkiser; 03-06-2008 at 05:15 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: New Wheels and Tire Sensors

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed - but you say you've searched.
From what I remember from other posts, I think it will throw the TPMS light, and I can't remember whether that can be fixed by pulling a fuse or not. I don't know the cost of new sensors or whether you can use the existing ones, or whether any 'reprogramming' of new sensors to the unit will be required.
Not much help I know, but it's better than any of the other replies you have!!!

Old 03-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rkiser
If you change the wheels do you have to get tire sensors, or will the low air light come on? I would like to change to chrome on my '05 . The owners manual mentions don't change the wheels. I am new to the forum. I have learned a lot reading posts. But I haven't seen any discusion on this; other than somebody put new sensors in there new rims and the light went off. I have had a blast with the car. I wasted time and money on pony cars in the past. (I still have a '06) (love the new body) But I believe I got more bang for the buck with the XFire. This thing runs circles around the stang. My car is stock with 12,000 one (old -geez) owner miles. I have to admit he took car of it. I too, drive like an old geez. (Just don't try and race.) I have a tendacy to feed the oats. Get up and go is outrageous. Any help on this matter will be appreciated.
You can reuse the sensors in the new wheels !

Old 03-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rkiser
If you change the wheels do you have to get tire sensors, or will the low air light come on? I would like to change to chrome on my ' 05 . The owners manual mentions don't change the wheels. I am new to the forum. I have learned a lot reading posts. But I haven't seen any discusion on this; other than somebody put new sensors in there new rims and the light went off. I have had a blast with the car. I wasted time and money on pony cars in the past. (I still have a '06) (love the new body) But I believe I got more bang for the buck with the XFire. This thing runs circles around the stang. My car is stock with 12,000 one (old -geez) owner miles. I have to admit he took car of it. I too, drive like an old geez. (Just don't try and race.) I have a tendacy to feed the oats. Get up and go is outrageous. Any help on this matter will be appreciated.
The OEM TPM sensors will work on some aftermarket wheels, but not all. I wanted to use the OEM sensors on my new Stern wheels, but the tire guy was worried they would not seal right. I was there and could see what he was talking about, so I went with regular chrome valve stems and removed the indicator light out of the dash.