Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Yes Or No

Old 05-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes Or No

Checkout these rims http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3D7%26_fvi%3D1 will they directly bolt on without needing any spacers or anything. If I read correctly the offsets are the same as ours. But I would do a staggerd set up 19's front 20's in back. Please give me any feedback you might have. Thanks Alot

Old 05-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Question Re: Yes Or No

The question of offset is one I've asked recently and have had no response to.

I've seen on this forum both:

22 Rear / 35 Front

and

35 Rear / 35 Front.

I'm still waiting to see a definitive answer.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Yes Or No

for offset, you don't want to go more than whats stock, because when you push the rim further out past the pivot axis, this puts more force on the wheel bearings and steering box, not a good thing for longevity. this is why wheel spacers are not a good idea for our car, it's not exactly heavy duty suspension. also slows down your response time when turning the wheels

I wouldn't recommend anything over 19", in fact your better off going to a 18" rim on all four corners for a performance stand point, those big wagon wheels will suck hp, and the tires are ver pricey at 19 and 20"

Last edited by Maxwell; 05-26-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by maxcichon
The question of offset is one I've asked recently and have had no response to.

I've seen on this forum both:

22 Rear / 35 Front

and

35 Rear / 35 Front.

I'm still waiting to see a definitive answer.
i got 35 for the rear and need spacers.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maxwell
for offset, you don't want to go more than whats stock, because when you push the rim further out past the pivot axis, this puts more force on the wheel bearings and steering box, not a good thing for longevity. this is why wheel spacers are not a good idea for our car, it's not exactly heavy duty suspension. also slows down your response time when turning the wheels

I wouldn't recommend anything over 19", in fact your better off going to a 18" rim on all four corners for a performance stand point, those big wagon wheels will suck hp, and the tires are ver pricey at 19 and 20"
I am going to have to disagree with you on this one Maxwell, Which doesn't usually happen. As far as the wheels sucking up HP your right on but as far as how good a 19 look with a 20 in the rear, hell I will do it again. Looks so good lowered and if the offset is right looks even better. I went with a 19x8.5 in front and a 20x9.5 in the rear 30 mm offset front and 35 in rear. if I could do it again i would go 35 in front and 40 in the rear looks amazing check out my old crossfire in the gal.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:20 AM

Ok so the rims im looking to get are 32mm F/ 35mm R. And JonnyAngel04 you say you have a 30mm F/ 35mm R. So the rims I want would work with no problems? Would I need any spacers? Also the hub size is 66.6 would that fit our car?

Old 05-27-2008, 09:34 AM
Forum Regular

yes, hubs are 66.60mm

i'll warn everybody looking into new rims about this. my new rims had less debth for the lug bolts so inturn the lug bolts where too long. long story short, my spindle and bearing are getting replaced because the tire shop tried to drive the car with the lug bolts hanging up on the e brakes. inspect everything before moving the car.

Last edited by tashspop; 05-27-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by tashspop
yes, hubs are 66.60mm

i'll warn everybody looking into new rims about this. my new rims had less debth for the lug bolts so inturn the lug bolts where too long. long story short, my spindle and bearing are getting replaced because the tire shop tried to drive the car with the lug bolts hanging up on the e brakes. inspect everything before moving the car.
Ok so the hub size is good...what about the offsets..will they also work with no hassle of having to get spacers?

Old 05-27-2008, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Knghtrdrzn
Ok so the hub size is good...what about the offsets..will they also work with no hassle of having to get spacers?
my first set up worked perfect with no rubbing with those offsets, BUT i had a 15 mm spacer in the rear just for looks, and it looked good. Like i said before I would go with a 40 in the rear if Im not backwards larger lip and pushed out more. I cant remember the girls name but it looked good

On the front the tag is missing but they are 19 x 8.5 I'm not sure what the offset is thought. I can talk to the tire dealer that put them on for me and get that info from them if you want.
The rear wheels say 20 x 105mdm the offset is +25. If you need any more info you can email me at this email or on crossfireforum my screen name is ChryslerGirl.

HERE I FOUND THE EMAIL I WAS backwards I would go 25 in the rear I think i found the photos on cardomain which lead me to myspace which lead me to an email which lead me here lol look her up.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:46 AM

Tashspop, when you say your lug nuts are too long on the back, is it hard to change them out for shorter ones. Thanks Opps, I meant lug BOLTS

Last edited by strupgolf; 05-29-2008 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:17 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Better not have lug 'nuts'... they should be lug BOLTS!!!

Too long... That's what hack saws and dremels are for...

Old 05-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Forum Regular

I have 32mm front and 35mm rear offsets and have no rubbing problems.