Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

TPMS sensors

Old 10-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 TPMS sensors

I found this info in a 2008 Crossfire Catalog. My TPMS light keeps coming on and off and I am going in today to get a diagnosis on it.

I have attached the Catalog for anyone who may need one.

Type:
CLIP, Sensor

Part Number:
05099878AA

Line:
C = Chrysler
Z = Chrysler (RHD)

Body:
27 = 2-DR Convertible
29= Speciality Coupe

Attached Files
Old 03-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Default Re: TPMS sensors

I wonder if all of my sensors are dead as well. The dashboard light NEVER goes off. I read the other posts in this thread and still cant figure out if it is cheaper to replace the batteries, or install new ones.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The batteries are not replaceable on the TPMS sensors..... and it only takes one dead sensor to keep the light on..... I believe that you need to take it to a dealer or indie MB shop to have them tell you which sensor(s) are bad...

You have 3 options to solve your problem..
1. Replace the bad sensor(s)
2. Put a piece of electrical tape over the indicator light
3. Do the DIY fix that is here on the forum to disable the indicator light.

Edit: I am assuming that you made sure that the pressure in the tires was all correct.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeR
The batteries are not replaceable on the TPMS sensors..... and it only takes one dead sensor to keep the light on..... I believe that you need to take it to a dealer or indie MB shop to have them tell you which sensor(s) are bad...

Edit: I am assuming that you made sure that the pressure in the tires was all correct.
When I can get my hands on a sensor I am going to try to chisel out the battery and replace it. The batteries are cheap, I'm cheaper and I think it can be done. What's to lose?

The battery is hidden under a poured resin in a pocket and they have been done before on other cars, I have seen a video on a Corvettes repair.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Okay, for MOST people the battery is not replaceable... but you still need to find out which one(s) are bad...

Old 03-10-2012, 07:02 PM

I check the tire pressure constantly to make sure it's not just me.... To the stealership I go, I guess. I wonder how much they are going to try and get outta me for this.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:09 PM

Okay, for MOST people the battery is not replaceable... but you still need to find out which one(s) are bad...
I'll do it as a test just to see if it can be done.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I get my new tires next Sat., Discount tire said they can rebuild the sensors or if that doesn't work they might replace them. I dunno...

Old 03-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Found this website (www.TPMSDirect.com) while doing a search for 2007 Chrysler Crossfire TPMS Sensors:

Crossfire TPMS Sensor

Later,

Old 03-10-2012, 07:35 PM

Here are links to Amazon.com webpages for TPMS sensors:

Schrader P/N 20028

Schrader P/N 20066

Schrader P/N 20003

Last edited by dedwards0323; 03-10-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Well they sound good.. from a top rated seller too.

New Orange Electronic Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor (TPMS) # SC90AC | eBay

Can most local tire shops activate these? My TPMS light has decided to shine now with full pressure on the tires. Funny thing too.. fuel light makes random appearances when I'm low on gas. Noticed it didn't light up switching the ignition to on. Thumped the area of light and behold.. let there be light.. lol. Reading across a bunch of threads.. are these led or bulb type?

http://www.orangetpmsusa.com/oe-prod...cement-sensor/

And a direct link to the website

Last edited by Mrmiata; 03-10-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata

Can most local tire shops activate these? My TPMS light has decided to shine now with full pressure on the tires. Funny thing too.. fuel light makes random appearances when I'm low on gas. Noticed it didn't light up switching the ignition to on. Thumped the area of light and behold.. let there be light.. lol. Reading across a bunch of threads.. are these led or bulb type?

OE Replacement Sensor - TPMS - Orange Electronic USA - Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Good find and the price is right.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata

OE Replacement Sensor - TPMS - Orange Electronic USA - Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Looks like a really slick way to replace TPMS sensors. With T30 diagnostic tool, one can copy the existing TPMS ID data & then "clone" the new TPMS sensor. Makes it simple to replace, eliminating the need to go thru the "learning process" and/or reprogramming. T30 diagnostic tool probably is a good long-term investment at $259, considering TPMS is going to be around for quite some time.

Great Find!!

Last edited by dedwards0323; 03-11-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:31 AM

The list of Orange sensors for the Crossfire says some of them, 05's are 'auto re-learn' and that no programming is required. I borrowed a pair of rear tires from Sparkies SRT6 and put them on my one and I expected the light on the dash but there was no warning light. I assume that this proves that the SRT's at least are 'auto re-learners'.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The list of Orange sensors for the Crossfire says some of them, 05's are 'auto re-learn' and that no programming is required. I borrowed a pair of rear tires from Sparkies SRT6 and put them on my one and I expected the light on the dash but there was no warning light. I assume that this proves that the SRT's at least are 'auto re-learners'.
You owners of SRT's will probably be in a much better sitaution when it comes to replacing the TPMS sensors.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:26 AM

Thanks everybody for the great information. I will be thinking about the diagnostic tool as well as the TPMS units going forward. One more question - Does any one know about the master homelink gadget that is supposed to read these sensors? I was told at the dealership that the issue could be the homelik sensor or some other solenoid. Would appreciate any help here. Cheers!

Old 04-16-2012, 11:29 PM

I am ordering a set of these in the morning. Any follow up or confirmations of the orange TPMS's woring in like say a 2005 srt6? Discount tire wants $70.00 each instead of $36 like ebay has them for.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:41 AM

got the orange TPMS sensors and discount installed them, gave me the tires and wheels to install since I using spacers they want nothing to do with mounting. The light on the dash is still on even after driving around and doing a maintenance reset. Is this when I need to have someone use the programming tool?

http://www.orangetpmsusa.com/oe-prod...cement-sensor/

Old 05-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I think they had noted on the website which were self learning and which had to be programmed.. which did you buy? LOL

Hmm.. thinking about it seems 180 mentioned borrowing a wheel/tire .. and it "self learned".. I wonder if the new ones are a blank slate (no code)..

Last edited by Mrmiata; 05-06-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:22 PM

I didn't see the specification for auto re-learn and programable. I did a search for the crossfire and the only one I found was

"OE Sensor Part Number: 52088990AC
Schrader Part Number: 20028
Dill Part Number: 9028
Orange Part Number: SC90AC OR OEC-4"

results in their serach engine said "no results found" for the OEC-4

I got the SC90AC and it states
"Relearn Procedure:

Relearn can be completed using a properly formatted scan tool and relearn magnet. *Relearn magnet not required for Prowler"

I will take it into Discount and hopefully they can re-program them. I have to take one of the old TPMS senors in to have them copy it right?

Quick Reply: TPMS sensors