Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

New Tires/Alignment

Old 02-13-2014, 08:06 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default New Tires/Alignment

Just installed 4 new tires on the SRT. Got a great deal from tire shop owner/buddy that owed me. Got all installed, balanced and laser aligned for under $600 (1/2 price). These were the ones installed:

Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Position Ultra High Performance All-Season

Front: 235/40R18
Rear: 275/35R19
Sidewall Style: Blackwall
Serv. Desc: Front-95W, Rear-96W
Load Range: XL
UTQG: 400 AA A

Treadlife Warranty: 5 Years / 40,000 Miles
Uniformity Warranty: First 1/32" of wear
Workmanship & Materials Warranty: 5 Years / Free replacement first 3 years, then prorated until 2/32" remaining depth.
Manufacturer's Road Hazard Warranty: None
Manufacturer Special Warranty: 30 Day Buy & Try Guarantee (1)

What was interesting was that the tire tech who is probably the best at aligning Mercs outside of the stealerships in our area freaked out at the DIY adj. cambers I had installed. He says he will align maybe 5 Mercs a week and have to tell all the owners that you can't adjust the rears. When I told him that these were slapped together with off the shelf items I threw together, he says I should patent them. We're working out a deal where I order the parts and assemble them and he'll sale and install them and split profits.

Link to my DIY rear cambers...
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post712854

Print-out of latest laser align...
Laser Align.jpg

Old 02-14-2014, 11:31 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Tires/Alignment

Another member running dramtically reduced rear camber I see. How happy with the handling are you?

Old 02-14-2014, 03:42 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: New Tires/Alignment

Originally Posted by boostmonkey
Another member running dramtically reduced rear camber I see. How happy with the handling are you?
It's never been better. She's not a racer, just my daily scooter. These settings give a better chance at a straight even wear across the treads. Luckily we had my previous settings to compare to and I was getting a slight bit of wear on the inside still so we compensated a little more. I'm taking her back in to have the front bolts installed and tweaked a little more. Had the same slight inner wear on the fronts.