View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 07:33 AM
BRappaport
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face Re: New owner few questions?

Originally Posted by ghoward11
Just got my '04 xfire a week ago. Went from an s2000 to it. So far I love it. I bought an '04 with 30k. I've got a few questions on it that maybe you guys can answer. From what I understand I still have a 75,000 power train warranty on the car. It does say that it only transferable to 2nd owner, I have no idea if I am...but how strict is chrysler on that. My other questions are these.

1. To me the automatic transmission is sluggish or in other words the throttle response isn't the best. What is the best mod for this? I guess really what are the best mods for this vehicle for some extra power?

2. Whining noise from front driver’s side tire area...it's audible all the time. Any clues??

3. The little button that I'm assuming is the traction control. When the orange light is lit up on my dash does that mean it’s on. I tried to spend my tires both ways, it does not seem like they are spinning. So a little confused on this?

4. Oil change?? Is this only something dealer can do? Or can I go to a quick oil change place??

That's it for now I'm sure I'll have some more questions. Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks.
Be very careful about oil changes...only use mobil 1 0w-40 and there is a special "fleece" oil filter that must be used. Spend the $100 and take it to a dealer...but make sure your dealer has done crossfire oil changes before. Be where of cheap $29 - $49 oil changes...they are not using the products you need for this car. If you do it yourself...get some knowledge from this form on changing the filter with the "o"-ring placement...its' easy...you just need to understand how.

Good luck.