View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 07:02 PM
BlackCrossFire6spd
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Service loaner issue

So I had my first bad experience with chrysler service. I was hoping I would be one of the fortunate ones that had a smooth ownership, but I was wrong.
About 3 months ago, I brought my car in for a few issues. Wind noise at the windows, rattling in the rear when I go over a bumpy road, and some other small thing. I dropped my car off, everything sounds good. I get my loaner provided by Enterprise rent-a-car, and I'm on my way. I call a few days later, parts are being ordered. I call a few days later, it will be ready tomorrow. I get to the dealership to find that the car is not ready. This happened for the next few days. I get my car back after 10 days at service, everything is fine except for the fact that the car was very very dirty. I get it washed, no big deal.
Last week, I get a charge on my credit card from Enterprise for $200. I go to enterprise, and they tell me that Chrysler is only covering 5 days of the loaner. I go next door to chrysler, the service manager says he will look into it. 3 days later, I go back and he says that they will not approve the extension of the loaner. I speak to the Service director and I get the same answer. He says that since the parts were not "back ordered" DC will not cover the loaner for the additional 5 days. Needless to say, I am very upset. The Service director tells me that all he can do is give me a free oil change. I was tired of dealing with this, so I said fine, change it now, and they did.
Has anyone else had an issue like this? I accepted the oil change, but the more I think about it, it really upsets me that I am out $100 for my dealers incompetence. Does anybody have any suggestions on anything else I should do? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.