View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 01:37 PM
CrucialCrossfire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 20 inch wheels on the xfire?

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord
CrucialCrossfire,

For those of us who actually put our vehicles on the track and/or generally drive them hard, is there any issue with the outer part of the rear or front tires rubbing the inside edge of the fender? Looks REALLY close to me.

Taking a hard turn and hitting a bump or simple body roll may push that tire right into the fender... not good at all.

General comment about putting 20" wheels on this vehicle. The 18/19 setup is already a nightmare for some when it comes to bent rims from potholes, etc.

When your sidewall becomes too short, you will be almost directly transmitting vibration and impact to the rim.

Other than those points, I do really like the look of the 20" rims, but they seem just a bit more than necessary.
(My opinion, not to be taken if you don't want it).
MMZ,

No offense taken...but i have to admit you are correct that my setup is NOT for the Hard driver or a Track potential Crossfire. Yes, on Hard turns @ higher speeds with a slight bump in the road (or body roll) it does rub a little in the outside of the front fender well due to the 20 inch rim in the front and the H&R cup kit (xtreme drop)... And Yes with the tire sidewalls only being a 30 series front and back you do "feel" the road...but some small sacrifices had to be made to have the "full" look. You see here in Miami the "BIG" look is "IN" and to kind of fit in or not sway from the "Norm" (down here) it is almost a Necessity to go to the max you can fit under the wheel well...Especially if planning on cruising South Beach. When driving I Must be Always be conscious of the road ahead due to the Big rims and such small side wall height! I know for Most that my set up is a "bit" much to handle for the average person or conservative type person but as my theme or motto states on the last line of my signature and on my driver window; that i try not be the like the "average Joe"...

and besides if i ever did damaged a wheel due to a pothole or anything like it i could easily and cheaply replace it due to the fact that i sell wheels for a living.
- even though - Almost a year and counting...No damaged yet to my wheels...knock on wood!!!

Please do not take any comment i made in a bad or negative way...just understand that in different Cities and regions of the U.S. that ways of life are different...that is what makes the USA a GREAT place to live due to its freedom and diversity!!!

---> just my .02 cents!