Thread: Ecu Upgrades?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Steve Hellums
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Ecu Upgrades?

Well I've decided to take the plunge and go with a Renntech pulley & ECU up grade. I've been talking with Renntech off and on for a couple weeks about their kit. One of the biggest problems right now was the affordability at this moment, (all payment out) two Xfire payments, Harley payment, house payment and I just bought a new '06 Kawasaki 4x4 610 mule witch drained my expendable cash. So I'm going to do it the American way, I applied for a new Visa Platinum card with a 0% introductory offer for 15 billing cycles. Kind of like a 0% loan for a year and I'll just pay what I can on it till July when the leased Xfire goes back, then I should be able to pay it off before the 0% financing runs out. I would like to hear from any of you SRT6 guy's that have installed a Renntech kit with any advice. A few things I'd like to know, how hard is it to get the ECU out, do you have to drop the cover under the engine out? I have a friend with a lift and was wondering if I should take it to his place to do the job. Or is most of the work done from the top side? I would appreciate any advice.