View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 07:49 PM
andrew
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default the saga continues... please advise...

the accident that won't go away...

i need input...

back in october i was involved in an accident in my dealer provided rental car ... (see details below). the other driver was at fault and cited. the driver was from out of state and provide his so-called insurance info to the officer. well after 6 months of dealing with budget rental car company on multiple occasions... budget tells me i am responsible for the repair bill of my rental car in the amount of $876 dollars b/c the driver at fault apparently didn't have insurance after all... budget is now claiming they will turn me into collections if i don't pay or turn the claim into my insurance company ($500 deductible). i never signed any rental car paperwork at the dealer... the dealer just provided me with a set of keys. therefore i feel the dealer should be the responsible guarantor. i never signed a rental agreement nor was i given the opportunity to sign for additional coverage if i had wanted it. point is... i never signed a contract with budget... how can you collect on one who wasn't in a binding contract??

let me get this straight... so the guy without coverage and at fault gets off scott free... at my expense. what bs.

what gets me is... i would not have been in this rental car...if the dealer didn't screw up my car during its initial servicing... i personally feel the dealer should cover this cost for the fact my car would have never been back at the dealer. thoughts?? i am planning on having a meeting with the general manger at chrysler in regard to this... but i may have to get my attorney involved but was hope for no out of pocket expense on my end for this incident... maybe a letter from him would be sufficient to budget. who knows.

the car was at the dealer for the 2nd time... do to technician neglect. it was there for 30+ days for repairs/damage to the car from the technicians shoddy repairs (see link below for full story)...

initial service thread: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...light=accident

accident report details:

I was making a right hand turn (north bound) from the service road located at 6350 Frantz Rd. The car in front of me (Cadillac) pulled out onto Frantz Road. I then began making my right hand turn, and the Cadillac stalled once in the middle of Frantz Road in front of me. The Cadillac then directly backed up into the service road area and side swiped the rental car I was driving. This accident created damaged to the rear quarter panel, rear bumper and hub cap of the Chevy Cobalt rental car. The Cadillac driver was cited for: unsafe backing.

The driver stated to me after the accident the reason he backed up was to avoid being broad sided on Frantz Road. He stated, his car had stalled due to a faulty gas pump and low fuel and he had no other choice but to restart the car and put his car in reverse.

These are pictures of the accident scene prior to any movement of the vehicles involved in the accident.

DSC00652.jpg

DSC00650.jpg

DSC00653.jpg