View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 09:37 PM
CrossfireLTD
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: the saga continues... please advise...

I know here in Virginia, you are responsible to have coverage from your insurer or take out coverage from the rental company. You may be stuck here, Andrew...but I would still try to fight it out. If the Dealer rented you the car from his facility and the employee who initiated the paperwork did not warn you of the liability or ask if your insurance would cover any liability, then I say they were negligent in preparation of the paperwork for your rental. They are the professionals here and should have proper training. I think this would hold true if you also went to an offsite rental company. The dealer I use for service will only give you a rental from Enterprise (and there is a Rep from Enterprise on site) or give you a loaner from their fleet. I would at this point talk to a Lawyer, while fighting it out and find what the law is in your state. At this point I think you are the easier target, and they may believe that you have the ability to pay rather than chasing the uninsured motorist and hope they can get the money out of him.

Last edited by CrossfireLTD; 04-14-2007 at 09:39 PM.