View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 11:07 AM
PAULW
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 2004 XFire Coupe - Fair price?

Originally Posted by ben47
The above statement is totally irrelevant. Since when do people take into consideration what is fair to the seller and
who determines fair in a free market system?
Why shouldn't we take what we believe is fair for the other party into consideration? I think it is an behavior to be admired not admonished.

I am sometimes curious about XF owners on this forum and their complaints about the "low resale value" of the car and then they inform others not to pay very much for one. Isn't this like putting a dent in your own car? If I was considering buying an XF and was to read some of the stuff on our forum I might be inclined to believe it was a way over-priced piece-o-junk and move on, never knowing it is really a very fine MB product worth more than the going price. It's kinda funny blue book is overstated when we are buying but correct when we sell and when we are able to take an advantage of a situation (uninformed seller or seller in a bad bind) we have made a good deal but if it happens to us we have been screwed and taken advantage of.
Sorry I'm ranting but I believe fairness should be both ways we shouldn't complain about issues we help create. Just my .02 and it probably ain't worth .01 to most people. I now a wait my berating.