Old 04-20-2004, 01:14 AM
David Burns
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by likquidxero
car is under my father's name, but insurance also covers me (teen driver)) blah. ugly episode.
If >I< were daddy, I'd be letting my AGENT (not the adjuster) know how unsatisfactory is this resolution. And shopping for a new agent/insurance company. Probably won't help the current claim, but at least State Farm (and your current agent) will know their desire to cheap you on repairing your car has cost them a customer. If >MY< State Farm agent pulled this sort of crap (and I've been with her through 3 houses, a rental condo, and close to 10 cars), she'd know I was mad, her district manager would know I was mad, the state office would know I was mad, the state board of insurance would know I was mad, the national office would know I was mad, and the local BBB would know I was mad. Why do you pay for insurance if they aren't going to fix your car properly when it's been damaged (especially a situation like this where there was no fault of yours). Nothing like the power of the pen sometimes to move an otherwise recalcitrant body (like an insurance company) to action.