Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

may the car gods be kind to fellow SSB's...

Old 04-19-2004, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default may the car gods be kind to fellow SSB's...

Awhile back my poor SSB was hit while streetparked. Looks like someone backed into it then sped off. Luckily there was no damage to the body. However, the paint had been completely stripped down to the plastic (bumper) in a lil 3" by 2" section next to the rear marker. There was also scrape just along the body line above rear wheel. You kno where the curve of the rear quarter panel stops and flattens vertically. Anyways, its really not that bad of a scrape, but i couldn't bear it anymore.

Took it to a reputable shop and was quoted $1200 for the repair. Not only is SSB a very difficult to match, but the crossfire's design doesnt give the painter much leeway when it comes to blending in the repair. Turns out they'd have to blend it all the way to the door and paitn the entire bumper. That of course requires taking off the door handle, all the moldings, etc.

Oh and save yourself 8.50 and dont buy the dealer touch-up paint. The Mopar paint was ridiculously off. Well thats my sad story. My baby will have to remain scarred for the time being. :cry:

Old 04-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Forum Regular

What a bummer.........

Get it fixed. It is the only thing you will be able to stand!!!!!

Old 04-19-2004, 10:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: may the car gods be kind to fellow SSB's...

Originally Posted by likquidxero
Awhile back my poor SSB was hit while streetparked.
Don't such pansies just **** you off to no end? Damn, hitting your car and leaving, that's even worse than the bxxtards that key'd Mighty's (twice!). Did you not report this to the police, and your insurance company? Is your deductible more than $1200 :?: :cry: :?:

Hey... at least on the bright side you have the most unique VIN I've seen here on the board... 9999. A guy posted the other day his dealer told him he had Crossfire #10,000, he was gonna check the VIN and let us know. If he does have 10,000, I think we have our first two consecutive VIN's. 8)

Old 04-20-2004, 12:40 AM

while my deductible is less, my out-of-pocket cost is still significant. The claims adjuster wasnt very sympathetic, and believed the crossfire could be taken to a run-of-the-mill bodyshop. He was unable to agree on a price with any shop i was content with. It has been a very disappointing experience with State farm. *edit* forgot to mention that i ended up dropping the insurance claim since the rate increase would eventually b much more costly.(car is under my father's name, but insurance also covers me (teen driver)) blah. ugly episode.

i agree, the VIN# is a bit of consolation. heh.

Old 04-20-2004, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by likquidxero
car is under my father's name, but insurance also covers me (teen driver)) blah. ugly episode.
If >I< were daddy, I'd be letting my AGENT (not the adjuster) know how unsatisfactory is this resolution. And shopping for a new agent/insurance company. Probably won't help the current claim, but at least State Farm (and your current agent) will know their desire to cheap you on repairing your car has cost them a customer. If >MY< State Farm agent pulled this sort of crap (and I've been with her through 3 houses, a rental condo, and close to 10 cars), she'd know I was mad, her district manager would know I was mad, the state office would know I was mad, the state board of insurance would know I was mad, the national office would know I was mad, and the local BBB would know I was mad. Why do you pay for insurance if they aren't going to fix your car properly when it's been damaged (especially a situation like this where there was no fault of yours). Nothing like the power of the pen sometimes to move an otherwise recalcitrant body (like an insurance company) to action.

Old 04-20-2004, 01:37 AM

absolutely agree with you, and we've done so, but to little avail. Apparently new customers who have already been locked in are given the cold shoulder.

Old 04-20-2004, 10:11 AM

Ummm...sound like vandalism to me...try that angle with your agent next time.

Old 04-20-2004, 10:47 AM

After suffering through a Connecticut winter, I'm back to driving the Xfire. Two incidents have dampened that excitement to some degree.
While my car was parked someone, apparently parking in front of me used the old"back up til you hit the car behind you" method of parking. Small paint scrape at the point on the front bumper. Body shop says this 1" scrape is $300. Hmmm...
Then driving along on hiway I'm greeted by a stone to front winshield. I have full glass coverage but it's still takes the shine off the drive.

Oh well, all will be resolved soon and I am still loving my Xfire after almost 10 months.

Old 04-20-2004, 10:54 AM
Forum Regular

I left State Farm over a year ago and never looked back. I can't believe how much money I wasted with them. What a joke! They don't take care of people when something happens and they over charge, almost double in some situations.

Your rate shouldn't go up because you weren't driving the vehicle. You would still be responsible for the deductable.

I'm with Allstate now and haven't had any issues. My rates dropped more than half State Farm had me at. Not just auto either, homeowners insurance too!

Old 04-20-2004, 10:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im an SSB owner and like the color pretty much except for the fact that it looks grey very often. MORE BLUE is what I wish for but anyway...... Its sad that we live in a world where there are two kinds of people. Idiots and Crossfire owners...... ops: sorry, I get so mad at how people damage other people's cars and things and it hurts to read about it. You get somthing nice and it becomes a magnet for losers to screw it up...... Im so freekin paranoid with mine I will hardly go into a store or whatever. I watch out the window as much as possible to make sure its safe from any possible damage. :shock:

Old 04-20-2004, 11:03 PM
Default I Agree

If Not for the Savings I Have With State Farm [$500 Plus Over Geico] I Would Be With Geico or Amica. With Safe Driver and Multiple Car Dicsount, the Savings is Huge With State Farm. I Checked for Weeks and Originally Went with Geico for the New CrossFire But they Amended my Policy Because I Have a Few Worthless Citations [Failure to Obey a Traffic Control Device at 12:40 A.M. ETC] So I Had to Go Back to State Farm. Our Current Agent Is Horrible and Whenever I've Needed Any Kind of PaperWork of Information From them they've Been Awful. They Send Documents I Did Not Request, Excuse their Failures By Stating they Don't Always Get EMail ETC Even Though I Always Send a Follow Up Fax! However, Since I've Only Had to Speak With them on Average Once Every 5 Years I Figure I'll Put Up With the Incompetence! Oh and I Forgot to Mention that Recently I Tried to Switch Agents to Go with SomeOne Closer Who Did Not Use their UseLess 24 Hour Phone Through Service they Stated We Could Not Change Agents While Under Policy! NeedLess to Say I Sent an EMail and Told them Their Policy Would Cause them to Lose Our Business which Helped us Get a Desirable Outcome. All I Have to Say is Don't Be Afraid to Drop the Hammer From Time to Time. It's the Only Way You Get AnyThing Accomplished With Large Corporations. They Speak in Dollars and Cents So You Have to Combine their Monetary Logic & Good Common Sense to Secure a Positive OutCome. :twisted:

Old 04-21-2004, 08:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was with State Farm for years but finally switched to "Travelers" because of the huge savings. Before I got my Crossfire my other car was about $95 a month (State Farm)......went to Travelers and it went down to $65 a month!!! Now both cars add up to $132 a month. Not too bad I think. 8)