Old 07-08-2007, 03:54 PM
hudsonc8
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Crossfire owner needs a few answers...

After pulling the paper work on my warranty transfer from the local dealership, this is what I have found. I am actually the 5th owner of my 2004 XF. There have been 2 "personal" owners and two dealerships before me. I see where Rob is correct about the date of the vehicle. This is what my warranty service contract states.

TRANSFERS: ALL OWNERS NO CHARGE
2004 MY VEHICLES BUILT PRIOR TO 10/1/03 (EXCLUDES DURANGO)

My XF shows it was registered on 3/10/2004. It is numbered 6325.

To get to the question originally asked and the Topic of the Month. I have had no problems with my XF. I have only taken the car into the dealership once since purchased (story above). I bought the car and the next week took it to the dealership to have them look over it for problems. The XF mechanic came out and talked to me and looked over the car (casually). They are the ones that told me about the warranty transfer.

The topic with this car seems to be the disappointment with the dealerships. I have owned a Porsche and recently replaced my Audi with the XF. The "elite" dealership here in Nashville, TN is the Porsche, Audi, Jag and Saab dealership. Talk about BAD experiences. Every time I took my cars to that dealership I wanted to sell my cars. They treated their customers awful, time service was not a priority, parts took forever, would not call when car was finished, returned cars dirty, etc. I had two TV's built in the headrests of my AUDI, the dealership stole the antenna out of the car - then denied it!

My company car is a 2006 Mercury Montego. I took it to the dealership for a minor dash repair and they wrecked the car in the 4 hours they had it. They would not give me a rental, even though THEY wrecked the car. After 5 days, the Mercury dealership still had not started to repair my car. It took me calling the owner of the dealership to get the issue resolved. Even then, I did not get any thing out of the entire ordeal.

Does anyone leave their dealership after being financially raped with a warm and fuzzy feeling???