Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New Crossfire owner needs a few answers...

Old 07-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Crossfire owner needs a few answers...

Hey guys... My father just purchased a 2004 Crossfire and he had a few questions answered. I stumbled across this great forum and am looking forward to learning all I can about the new ride (in hopes of getting in handed down to me).

So lets get the questions going:

1) The cupholder is stuck up. No amount of working can get it back down and my dad is about ready to break the thing off. Anyone have any suggestions or is there anything else that can be done? I heard something about a "bulletin"... What is this and is it applicable to the '04 model?

2) What percentage of the Crossfire is considered MB parts?

3) What is the standard warranty?

Thanks for any and all help!!!

Old 07-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Default Re: New Crossfire owner needs a few answers...

Originally Posted by Seufari
1) The cupholder is stuck up. No amount of working can get it back down and my dad is about ready to break the thing off. Anyone have any suggestions or is there anything else that can be done? I heard something about a "bulletin"... What is this and is it applicable to the '04 model?
I ran into this as well. My wife has had her 04' for about 2 weeks. Be gentle with the cup holder. gently push it forward a couple of time then it should go down. I thought it was stuck also.
Not sure the exact percentage but it has a good amount of them. Engine, Tranny, ESP system...I'm sure other smaller parts.
The standard powertrain warranty is 7 yrs/70,000 but I have heard it is not transferable. At least that is what I was told by someone that works for chrysler and no they were not from the buying dealer. So i'm not positive on that.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:30 PM

Bought a 2004 with 19k miles in March. I am the third owner and the warranty transferred over with no charge. You should be able to go to the Chrysler Dealership and have them make the change.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:04 PM

In regards to the cup holder, I ran across the same problem when I first got mine... All you need to do is simply pinch the top and it will release. So, pinch the inside and outside of the cupholder together... (black and silver).

Hope that helps!

Old 07-07-2007, 11:14 PM

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ght=percentage

Old 07-08-2007, 12:45 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Seufari
The Basic Warranty on 04 Crossfires is 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. Certain things such as emissions components have somewhat longer warranties. The 3/36 warranty transfers automatically to subsequent owners. The 7 year/70,000 mile Powertrain Warranty can only be transferred from the original owner to the second owner within 30 days of sale and there is a transfer fee of $150 to do so. The 7/70 warranty cannot be transferred beyond the second owner. You can download all the various warranty info and even owner's manuals from http://www.chrysler.com/owners/index.html

Last edited by Rob M; 07-08-2007 at 12:47 AM.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Rob M
The Basic Warranty on 04 Crossfires is 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. Certain things such as emissions components have somewhat longer warranties. The 3/36 warranty transfers automatically to subsequent owners. The 7 year/70,000 mile Powertrain Warranty can only be transferred from the original owner to the second owner within 30 days of sale and there is a transfer fee of $150 to do so. The 7/70 warranty cannot be transferred beyond the second owner. You can download all the various warranty info and even owner's manuals from http://www.chrysler.com/owners/index.html
I took mine to the Chrysler dealership the week after I purchased (2004 3rd owner 19k miles). I was unaware that there was a warranty, they asked me if I have changed it over yet. They took my information, let me know that the 2004 models did not have a transfer fee and provided me all the paper work to show I have the remainder of the 7/70. From talking to them, other years might have a transfer fee and might only be able to transfer to the second owner. Some one will correct me if I am wrong I am sure.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a TSB issued on the cup holder so if you break it intentionally or not... Chrysler will fix it or replace it with a storage bin... which is very convenient... The way to close it is to squeeze the top parts of it with you finger tips... one finger on the silver part and one on the black... that should do it...

This is very debatable question... some state 40% some state more..., but 80% of the parts are from Germany and it is built in a German plant by Germans...

This has been answered already.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:32 AM

Thanks for all the quick replies...

I called my father and told him about that squeeze trick with the cupholder and the TSB Bulletin. It will probably be replaced next time he drives by a dealership.

I am very surprised how many replies I got overnight. Lots of active members here... that's something to be proud of...

Thanks again guys!

Old 07-08-2007, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Sidez
There is a TSB issued on the cup holder so if you break it intentionally or not... Chrysler will fix it or replace it with a storage bin... which is very convenient...
To me the cup holder is a poor design in ergonomics so I’d love to have one of those bins as a replacement.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell your dad he is welcome on the Forum, there is a ton of information available here and a bunch of really nice people.

Pat

Old 07-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hudsonc8
I took mine to the Chrysler dealership the week after I purchased (2004 3rd owner 19k miles). I was unaware that there was a warranty, they asked me if I have changed it over yet. They took my information, let me know that the 2004 models did not have a transfer fee and provided me all the paper work to show I have the remainder of the 7/70. From talking to them, other years might have a transfer fee and might only be able to transfer to the second owner. Some one will correct me if I am wrong I am sure.
hudsonc8,

After further research I think you are correct!

I think this might explain paragraph 2.2.F in the online warranty manual for '04 Crossfires. This paragraph describes the transfer of coverage process and transfer fee to the second owner (what I was referring to in my earlier post) for vehicles manufactured ON OR AFTER 10/01/03. The manual really doesn't explain what is done for vehicles built before that date so there must be some difference in coverage for those vehicles though not stated in the particular manual.

Out of curiosity what was the build date of your Crossfire? Mine was built in September of 2003. This made me curious to look at my warranty manual. Sure enough, being an earlier model 04, the Powertrain Warranty manual doesn't mention anything about the transfer procedure, the fee, or any exclusions for 3rd or subsequent owners. This leads me to believe that U.S. market Crossfires built prior to October 2003 have 7/70 Powertrain Warranty coverage that transfers automatically to any subsequent owners with no transfer fees (in similar fashion to the Basic Warranty).

Last edited by Rob M; 07-08-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:54 PM

After pulling the paper work on my warranty transfer from the local dealership, this is what I have found. I am actually the 5th owner of my 2004 XF. There have been 2 "personal" owners and two dealerships before me. I see where Rob is correct about the date of the vehicle. This is what my warranty service contract states.

TRANSFERS: ALL OWNERS NO CHARGE
2004 MY VEHICLES BUILT PRIOR TO 10/1/03 (EXCLUDES DURANGO)

My XF shows it was registered on 3/10/2004. It is numbered 6325.

To get to the question originally asked and the Topic of the Month. I have had no problems with my XF. I have only taken the car into the dealership once since purchased (story above). I bought the car and the next week took it to the dealership to have them look over it for problems. The XF mechanic came out and talked to me and looked over the car (casually). They are the ones that told me about the warranty transfer.

The topic with this car seems to be the disappointment with the dealerships. I have owned a Porsche and recently replaced my Audi with the XF. The "elite" dealership here in Nashville, TN is the Porsche, Audi, Jag and Saab dealership. Talk about BAD experiences. Every time I took my cars to that dealership I wanted to sell my cars. They treated their customers awful, time service was not a priority, parts took forever, would not call when car was finished, returned cars dirty, etc. I had two TV's built in the headrests of my AUDI, the dealership stole the antenna out of the car - then denied it!

My company car is a 2006 Mercury Montego. I took it to the dealership for a minor dash repair and they wrecked the car in the 4 hours they had it. They would not give me a rental, even though THEY wrecked the car. After 5 days, the Mercury dealership still had not started to repair my car. It took me calling the owner of the dealership to get the issue resolved. Even then, I did not get any thing out of the entire ordeal.

Does anyone leave their dealership after being financially raped with a warm and fuzzy feeling???